What Happens If Terron Armstead Retires | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Happens If Terron Armstead Retires

I don’t think Armstead is going to retire this offseason, but it would be a smart investment to draft a LT who can play guard as a rookie whenever Armstead is actually available to play. This is a very strong tackle class especially at the top.
Yep… no chance Armstead walks away from 14 million. Guaranteed. Even if he sits the bench.

No ****
And it’s gonna happen again
But he was still more healthy than the year prior
It is what it is and he’s coming back whether you like it or not so we have to get through one more year. And that’s the only way to get through it
Didn’t say he wasn’t coming back- man for a name Like l’easy’ you are far from it.

If Armstead retires, it will force Grier and Co. to eat the money, and draft someone. The only question is will they be able to select a quality LT. Oh and I will reiterate the iteration for those who have a certain opinion, "at least we will have him for 11 games", which 11 will he miss? Two Buffalo and two Jets, or half of our AFC games, or will he miss the last 5 plus a playoff game? "Rest him" will make no difference, from our human perspective, limited data and processing ability, injuries in the NFL are chaotic and cannot be avoided or predicted real time. Other than bigger helmets, knee braces etc. it's gonna happen, with some more than others.

The Ever Aware Of The Probabilities VIPER

Probably...

But it is also true that some players are less motivated by money than others...

Barry Sanders left a bunch of money on the table... as did Luck.

Sometimes, although rare... guys will say, 'I have plenty of money... and I can still walk'.
And Barry Sanders had already made millions millions more than TA so that’s not happening
That comparison isn’t even close

Probably...

But it is also true that some players are less motivated by money than others...

Barry Sanders left a bunch of money on the table... as did Luck.

Sometimes, although rare... guys will say, 'I have plenty of money... and I can still walk'.
But in that case there was major animosity. I don't think money was even a consideration in Sanders' view.

He was a different kind of "cat" to start with.

And Barry Sanders had already made millions millions more than TA so that’s not happening
TA earned 69m from his time with the Saints... and has collected about 40m from us.

Barry earned just over 33m in his entire career. Earlier dollars, but still... TA has earned TRIPLE the amount that Sanders earned.

So... you are right, the comparison wasn't close. Just not the way that you thought.

TA earned 69m from his time with the Saints... and has collected about 40m from us.

Barry earned just over 33m in his entire career. Earlier dollars, but still... TA has earned TRIPLE the amount that Sanders earned.

So... you are right, the comparison wasn't close. Just not the way that you thought.
Then Barry sanders was robbed

But in that case there was major animosity. I don't think money was even a consideration in Sanders' view.

He was a different kind of "cat" to start with.
Andrew Luck earned 109m in his career... and probably left 200m more on the table.

There have been several early retirements over the past few years as modern players have learned more about brain injuries and arthritis issues...

This does not say that TA will go... only that retiring early has become more common.

If he was smart and invested well... he ought to be able to do anything he wants. I don't think he's one of those guys with 8 baby mamas.

Actually no.......Barry Sanders career earnings about about $34M. TA's contract alone from Miami at full value was $75M. He has earned way more than Barry did....

Today's money has just exploded. They make soooooo much more than they used to make. The NFL player's association is a wonderful union... they've REALLY done a great job!
Yeah, completely different era.

From what I recall, Sanders retirement just surprised everyone because at the time he was still a very effective runner and had more left in the tank

Yeah, completely different era.

From what I recall, Sanders retirement just surprised everyone because at the time he was still a very effective runner and had more left in the tank
Yup... he badly wanted out of Detroit and they adamantly refused. They even sued him to get his signing bonus back... and won.

Back
Top Bottom