What Happens If Terron Armstead Retires | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Happens If Terron Armstead Retires

Yup... he badly wanted out of Detroit and they adamantly refused. They even sued him to get his signing bonus back... and won.
Sanders paid back $1.8 mm, they also went after Megatron for $1.6 mm, certainly turned out to be a petty thing to do to your franchises two most iconic players of all time. Pillhead and the Colts let Luck walk with $24.8 mm

It means we'd save money lol I said he may retire during the season and someone here thought it was crazy.....funny how things work out šŸ˜€

I have no problem resting T and sitting out practices this upcoming season if that keeps him fresh. As long as we have a developing backup ready to take over
Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

If Armstead does indeed retire, it'll most likely be a post June 1st retirement designation. This will distribute the cap ramifications over the 2024 and 2025 seasons. Saving Miami a bunch of money cap wise. But unfortunately it also comes with dead money for both years as well.

The best case scenario will unfortunately be having Armstead on the team for 2024. Which will allow Miami to cut him after the season with minimal dead money. Saving the Dolphins a lot for 2025.
Yep. He needs to play in 2024 and they need to bring Lamm back or have another backup plan.

I can't see Armstead retiring.
He's guaranteed $13 million if he's on the roster at the end of March this year.
Can post-June cut him or retire him if they wish to spread the cap hit out, actually saving some this year. There are some nuances in his contract though. I'm not for this either, but if he wants to retire and is willing to help us in doing so, its not the end of the world.

Doing the same thing over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.
You totally didnā€™t get my point

in case you havenā€™t noticed he is not going anywhere, so you play it out until heā€™s done
Any better idea??????

Can post-June cut him or retire him if they wish to spread the cap hit out, actually saving some this year. There are some nuances in his contract though. I'm not for this either, but if he wants to retire and is willing to help us in doing so, its not the end of the world.
Post June first cut is not really a viable option. It would mean more than 11.3m dead cap charge for 2024 and another 12.7m for 2025. For 1m more this year you have him on the roster.

Next year is the realistic "out year".

He's playing 2024 for the cash no doubt.......probably got 7-12 games out him!

****ing bargain!
not GIF

Found it interesting that he was at the Pro Bowl participating in the mini games. Youā€™d think a vet like him would skip that event to rehab. Wonder if that was a last experience type of thing from his mindset? Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom