What has Spielman done Wrong | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What has Spielman done Wrong

RS was inexperienced and in over his head... He had fear of loss and teams took advantage of that.... I think he is a tireless dedicated worker and won't be out of work long should Saban let him go.....

Bopkin02 said:
For me the most damning move is replacing the entire offensive line on a run-first team in a year they are trying to make a Super Bowl run. Anyone should have foreseen the disaster that that move would bring. Feeley and Gordon were desperation, I agree. But had this team had better foresight in 2001, 2002, 2003, they would have had quality/serviceable players in place for 2004. They didn't, so they make desperate moves. Blame Wanny, whatever. What happened is what happened, and it doesn't look good for Rick.

That same OL stunk up the place the year before and everyone was calling for their heads, get real on this one. SD change just about all their OL too, it didn't hurt them. We were not making a run to the SB with our Old OL either, no way.

:roflmao:

Bopkin02 said:
For me the most damning move is replacing the entire offensive line on a run-first team in a year they are trying to make a Super Bowl run. Anyone should have foreseen the disaster that that move would bring. Feeley and Gordon were desperation, I agree. But had this team had better foresight in 2001, 2002, 2003, they would have had quality/serviceable players in place for 2004. They didn't, so they make desperate moves. Blame Wanny, whatever. What happened is what happened, and it doesn't look good for Rick.

Tell me, what year were we NOT making a SB run in the past ?? Isn't that the goal every year ?? Feeley was desperation ?? What other choices were there for us at the time we got him ?? Should he have waited for 6 months to go by and not made a move to try to improve the team ?? Gordon was desperation ?? What other choices did Pothead give us once Minor and Morris went down to injuries ?? I just don't get why folks think of these moves as not necessary ??

You didn't mention this, but the other move that most people get their panties in a twitch about is the Carey deal...But few people remember that Carey himself said on TV that he was on the phone with the Pats when the Fins called him. But moving up one spot was a bad choice ?? Besides, look at the number of picks we eventually ended up with...we really didn't lose any picks...

I guess that it is difficult to seperate Wanny from Spielman and he'll never get any love here because of that, but I am not dissapointed in his ability to judge talent. He has had some bad luck, no doubt about that and add to that his only year with full control, Wanny does everything possible to undermine his moves and you get....well, these threads...

BenchFiedler said:
You all hate R. Spielman but look at how many quality players will make the team or will be starting for us under the Spielman recruiting era. Saban is very lucky to come on board with all these talents.

Chris Chambers
Randy McMike
Vernon Carey
Wes Welker (K)
Ryan Gilmore (5th Wr)
Derrick Pope
Eddie Moore
Lamar Gordon
Feeley ?
Tony Bua
Reggie Howard
Will Poole
Y. Bell
Sammy Morris
Donald Lee --If he can cut on penalties, very good receiver
Rex Hadnot
Junior Seau
Jeno James
Marty Booker

Notables: McIntosh, D.Thompson, Kendall Newson.

So tell me exactly who he drafted wrong or should I say recruited wrong besides the questionnable second round pick we gave to AJ and you never know how good AJ can be this season, so we cannot say the 2nd round pick was a waste. We also missed the chance to draft Anquin Boldin..But besides that, drafting Chambers and McMike were A+...

I want Spielman to stay, he is a very good talent evaluator.

FIRST OF ALL:
Chris Chambers, Randy McMike, and Jr. Seau have NOTHING To do with Rick Spielman. Eddie moore either-as he was drafted the year before by Wanny.
2nd:Feeley, Booker, V.Carey, L.Gordon while SOME of them are Decent players, Spielman mortgaged part of our Future with some VERRY Questionable and some just downright STUPID deals that were not ANY GOOD to us. He was just trying to make himself look good and salvage his own job even if it was at the expense of the whole team.It seriously backfired on him, because everyone saw that he's not a deal maker, and that he panicks and make irrational decisions when he gets spooked by the big bullies (other teams)
3rd:Ryan Gilmore, Donald Lee BOTH SUCK!!!! WHY EVEN BRING THOSE GUYS UP?? THEY AREN'T WORTH A DAM THING! BACKUP SCRUBS. Lee can't catch a dam pass and when he does, he can NEVER hold on to it. He's a fumbling machine who doesn't know where to line up and when to start the play-as for the last 2 years, he has gotten a number of penalties for false start, and neutral zone infraction. Both those guys can be released right now and we wont ever hear a peep about either one of them.
4th:Tony Pape is a lineman who has not been able to crack the starting lineup. He's in Europe for god's sake..That says it all. We don't send our good players to Europe. SOrry! Bua, while he looks like he's got potential, what has he done besides get the hit of the year last year?? Doesn't look like he's starting! Rex Hadnot was an average lineman in a HORRIBLE LINE. He did alright towards the end of the year, but nothing to write to ANYBODy about.

Maybe you should get off your knees and away from Spielman's area cause you must have some kind of PERSONAL bond with the guy cause he's done NOTHING to warrant him having anything to do with the Dolphins. He's lucky they havent taken him by the seat of his pants and flung him out to the dam curb like a drunken ******* with no money to pay for his tab getting tossed out of a bar . ..."AND STAY OUT, YOU NO GOOD BUM!!"

LarryFinFan said:
Tell me, what year were we NOT making a SB run in the past ?? Isn't that the goal every year ?? Feeley was desperation ?? What other choices were there for us at the time we got him ?? Should he have waited for 6 months to go by and not made a move to try to improve the team ?? Gordon was desperation ?? What other choices did Pothead give us once Minor and Morris went down to injuries ?? I just don't get why folks think of these moves as not necessary ??

You didn't mention this, but the other move that most people get their panties in a twitch about is the Carey deal...But few people remember that Carey himself said on TV that he was on the phone with the Pats when the Fins called him. But moving up one spot was a bad choice ?? Besides, look at the number of picks we eventually ended up with...we really didn't lose any picks...

I guess that it is difficult to seperate Wanny from Spielman and he'll never get any love here because of that, but I am not dissapointed in his ability to judge talent. He has had some bad luck, no doubt about that and add to that his only year with full control, Wanny does everything possible to undermine his moves and you get....well, these threads...

WHAT ARE YOU TALING ABOUT??! If there are no good QB's available, you sit tight and not give away anything prematurely. There is no way, no how, not even the slightest possibility of a chance that AJ Feeley is worth a 2nd round pick. Not even a 3rd! The Eagles just HUSTLED the pants off Spielman.
We lost Ricky, great..We still should NOT HAVE given up a 3RD ROUND PICK!!ForTHis guy Gordon. That was another Desperation move by Spoilman to try to salvage a season that was doomed from the beginning. About V. Carey, I DONT GIVE A RATS BEHIND if Carey WAS on the phone with his mother who's baking cakes with Bill Bellichek! We still doNOT deal away a 4th round pick to the the VIkes JUST TO MOVE UP ONE SPOT!!!!!! Even if they would've picked him before us, we just would have gotten VInce WIlfork. Seems to be another hole on our team NOW. That was a HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE of a draft Move by Moe, Larry, and Curly. THe truth is that Spielman, although he made a decent pick or two in the later rounds with Will Poole, and Y.Bell, DOES NOT POSSESS the bargaining skills NECESSARY when dealing in the NFL-as you've seen the master SABAN mop up Spoilman's MESS and try to make a few moves to try and heal those wounds that RIck opened up. Why hasn't SABAN made even 1 questionable move?? Not even one move where there are people wondering "hat the hell did he do that for?!" Give this SPOILMAN CRAP a rest. Only the feeble football minded and the blind, def, and dumb can possibly accept Spielman and the moves he made as anything other than HORRENDOUS!

LarryFinFan said:
The biggest thing he has done wrong, that anyone on these boards can actually confirm is being associated with Wanny and his book called: "How To Run An NFL Team Into The Ground In 4 Easy Seasons". That is why he gets no respect here in DolphinLand...

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:Dude I am rolling here

bakedmatt said:
i'm a guilty spielman apologizer too, but a lot of these guys will make the team because they have manageable contracts.

ALot of those guys have NOTHNG to do with SPOILMAN, as Wanny brought ALOT of those guys in.

Nobody can legitmately sell Spielman. Anything you can say about the guy will be shot down with the quickness. The truth. Go ahead and toss an argument out there. IT will be crushed.

Destroy the Pro Spielman arguments!!!

:fire: Who wants to say something Positive about Spielman??:yell: Bring it. I will rip you and your argument to shreds. ........alright, alright..How bout this as a bottom line: If Spielman went about the business the "correct" way, then that would mean that SABAN would have accepted a 4th round pick this year for Patrick Surtain as soon as Kansas City first offered it. With no questions asked. But NO!:shakeno: YOU MUST WAIT. Have Patience. A few weeks later, it's very close to draft day and here come the Chiefs with their tail inbetween their legs asking us to Pleeeaase give them Pat Surtain! And it cost them their 2nd round pick. Like it was supposed to. THAT"S how you do business. Not get scarred like a little schoolgirl with a picnic basket skipping down to grandma's house. (Spoilman)
AND WHAT?who dares defend The SPOILMAN??:club: :zerosix: :m83:

BringBackShula said:
WHAT ARE YOU TALING ABOUT??! If there are no good QB's available, you sit tight and not give away anything prematurely. There is no way, no how, not even the slightest possibility of a chance that AJ Feeley is worth a 2nd round pick. Not even a 3rd! The Eagles just HUSTLED the pants off Spielman.
We lost Ricky, great..We still should NOT HAVE given up a 3RD ROUND PICK!!ForTHis guy Gordon. That was another Desperation move by Spoilman to try to salvage a season that was doomed from the beginning. About V. Carey, I DONT GIVE A RATS BEHIND if Carey WAS on the phone with his mother who's baking cakes with Bill Bellichek! We still doNOT deal away a 4th round pick to the the VIkes JUST TO MOVE UP ONE SPOT!!!!!! Even if they would've picked him before us, we just would have gotten VInce WIlfork. Seems to be another hole on our team NOW. That was a HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE of a draft Move by Moe, Larry, and Curly. THe truth is that Spielman, although he made a decent pick or two in the later rounds with Will Poole, and Y.Bell, DOES NOT POSSESS the bargaining skills NECESSARY when dealing in the NFL-as you've seen the master SABAN mop up Spoilman's MESS and try to make a few moves to try and heal those wounds that RIck opened up. Why hasn't SABAN made even 1 questionable move?? Not even one move where there are people wondering "hat the hell did he do that for?!" Give this SPOILMAN CRAP a rest. Only the feeble football minded and the blind, def, and dumb can possibly accept Spielman and the moves he made as anything other than HORRENDOUS!

You have the advantage of ONE season's results on Speilmans first draft/body of work...Is Carey's career over already ?? Is Woolfork an all pro ?? He was nothing more than a role player from what I saw...What did our coaching staff (last year) do to give him or AJ ANY chance of having success ?? What a fantastic OC we had right ?? You want to hang Speilman for coaching and game decision as well as for the draft and FA ?? You are expressing the weak and feeble minded fan syndrome, not I my friend...

Look, not every move he made was great...not every move that Saban has made is great YET either...But hanging a guy in effegy because he is associated with the worst set of coaching that any of us have ever seen or heard of is ludicrous...

Stand back and look at all sides of the issues...

Trade our 2nd rd pick for Feeley, give up a 3rd for Lamar Gordon....thelist goes on and on.

on my 1,000th post I cannot think of a better statement than I AGREE 100% with MUCK !!!!!!

LarryFinFan said:
You have the advantage of ONE season's results on Speilmans first draft/body of work...Is Carey's career over already ?? Is Woolfork an all pro ?? He was nothing more than a role player from what I saw...What did our coaching staff (last year) do to give him or AJ ANY chance of having success ?? What a fantastic OC we had right ?? You want to hang Speilman for coaching and game decision as well as for the draft and FA ?? You are expressing the weak and feeble minded fan syndrome, not I my friend...

Look, not every move he made was great...not every move that Saban has made is great YET either...But hanging a guy in effegy because he is associated with the worst set of coaching that any of us have ever seen or heard of is ludicrous...

Stand back and look at all sides of the issues...

"Look, not every move he made was great..." --Name 1 move he made that was "great".

>>>>Name 1 BAD move that Saban has made....<<<<

It's not about wanting to hang the guy cause he was affiliated with the past Coaching Staff, that was a whole other can of CRAP there. The trades, picks, and deals that Spielman made ALONE were enough for me to wanna roast his @$$. HE SUCKED. Does not know how to measure value. By the way, Wilfork might have been in a role player type position last year, but if you haven't noticed we're trying to sign TRAYLOR the guy who was starting ahead of WIlfork. They released him because Wilfork is now ready to assume a starting role. Unlike Carey. Rick Has no idea how NFL teams try to hustle each other or something?? I'm not even in the buisness and I know that same crap happens every year. Look how Saban handled the Patrick Surtain situation. He said we wont accept anything less than a 2nd round pick for him. He waited, He waited..(spielman would have accepted a 4th for him) Hey what do you know..the day before the draft, The Chiefs come runningback with a 2nd round pick. THAT is how it's done. Not THROW AWAY our 2nd round pick to the Eagles for a guy that could have been gotten for a 3rd or even a 4th-as NOBODY was knocking on the Eagles door asking anything about AJ Feeley. Please...IF you were knowledgeable about this, you wouldn't try to defend Spoilman. WHat is he your cousin or something?? Are you Spielman??

Geez dude. Do you actually want all the specifics. i can tlay it all on him through the wanny days, but he was part of it, and never spoke against it. I got alot, and oh, instead of Anquan Boldin, we could of had Kelley Washington. Far superior to Anquan, he's just on a loaded team. Anquan got brought back down to reality once LF and BJ got there. 03 he just got the privelage of being the "best" on his team. But, he does perform, its just kelley is better. but, we took a "leap" on EM.

Thats one of my big ones, and then the ricky deal. That's only exceeded by the Hershel walker trade in my mind. We got ripped a huge hole on that one. the second worst trade in NFL history. Horrible!

Back
Top Bottom