What if Buffalo got Ogun with #13? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Buffalo got Ogun with #13?

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
I mean, buffalo radio keeps talkin about how they need a DE who makes a diff, think Donohoebag would pull the trigger? i tend to think no, becuase hes a douche and actually thinks hes better than Spielman finding nobody's who become probowlers.
But what if? #13 is a good spot becuause guys slip through the cracks there.

Originally posted by finfan54
I mean, buffalo radio keeps talkin about how they need a DE who makes a diff, think Donohoebag would pull the trigger? i tend to think no, becuase hes a douche and actually thinks hes better than Spielman finding nobody's who become probowlers.
But what if? #13 is a good spot becuause guys slip through the cracks there.

:eek: What???? The Guys at #13 do crack, :lol:

Hmmm.... Maybe, but I kind of doubt it. Besides, would Ogun sign with Buffalo? Remember, it's his choice.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Hmmm.... Maybe, but I kind of doubt it. Besides, would Ogun sign with Buffalo? Remember, it's his choice.

Ummmmmm yeah, money talks. Nobody cares about where there playing as long as they get the cash. Once they get the cash and make it to the bigtime, then they care about where they play. Its like a rock star who finally makes it can start trashing hotels cus they can afford it!;)

I would hate the idea of facing Wally twice a year. However we could get Carey or Jenkins at that pick and still get Rivers which would be HUGE. Conversely we could also trade both #1s to SD for Eli, also HUGE. Its a tough call, but I would take it. I dont think Buffalo would until the draft started and Winslow went to Washington or someone earlier. If there is a chance they could get him Wally would be on the back burner.

Originally posted by finfan54

Ummmmmm yeah, money talks. Nobody cares about where there playing as long as they get the cash. Once they get the cash and make it to the bigtime, then they care about where they play. Its like a rock star who finally makes it can start trashing hotels cus they can afford it!;)

That is certainly true of some players, maybe even most players, but there are some that care about where they are playing. But with Ogun, I suspect he will get nice offers from a few teams, so he'll probably have his pick of both money and location.

I agree he will get a lot of offers. Some reason I see teams waiting until after the draft to sign him. That way they don't have to give up their draft picks this year. That being said, I hope if it happens that it happens before the draft, but I still think we won't have the two #1's until next year.

Restricted like Ogunleye must sign an offer sheet from another team by April 18. Their current team then has 7 days to match or decline to match the offer sheet. Which would be April 25th. The draft is April 26-27. Unless otherwise negotiated by the two teams, the draft picks would be in this years draft.

Originally posted by SC_PHIN-FAN
Restricted like Ogunleye must sign an offer sheet from another team by April 18. Their current team then has 7 days to match or decline to match the offer sheet. Which would be April 25th. The draft is April 26-27. Unless otherwise negotiated by the two teams, the draft picks would be in this years draft.

I was just going to say that. The rule is put in place to avoid the very thing that Oboy posted.

Originally posted by inFINSible
I'd take that 13th pick for O-gun. No doubt in my mind.

If we got that you could not wipe the smile off my face for weeks. Well unless Jay is reported to be the QB next year. Then I wouldn't care if we had the entire draft.:lol:

Originally posted by SC_PHIN-FAN

The dates are altered to coincide with the draft. This year the offer sheet from another team by April 16th. The option to match by April 23rd, & the draft is April 24-25th.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I would hate the idea of facing Wally twice a year. However we could get Carey or Jenkins at that pick and still get Rivers which would be HUGE. Conversely we could also trade both #1s to SD for Eli, also HUGE. Its a tough call, but I would take it. I dont think Buffalo would until the draft started and Winslow went to Washington or someone earlier. If there is a chance they could get him Wally would be on the back burner.

Carey or Jenkins aren't worthy of a top 15 pick. At #13, there's a good chance that Reggie Williams would be there, and Mike Clayton would definately be there.

Back
Top Bottom