What if Buffalo got Ogun with #13? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Buffalo got Ogun with #13?

Forget Rivers. And boy do I love Clayton but forget him too. If we had the #13 and #20 picks in the draft I would package them along with next year's #2 or possibly even #1 for Eli Manning. I'm not completely convinced that San Diego is really committed to drafting Eli Manning.

Buffalo needs to sign Wally. Mike Williams doesn't need to face this twice a year on national TV.

Watch #68 on the left of your screen vs Wally. 0WNED!!

Originally posted by inFINSible
I'd take that 13th pick for O-gun. No doubt in my mind.

While I think that O-Gun, the AFC sack leader by the way, has more potential and upside than anyone we could get at #13 the money comes into play.....

We simply do not have the cash to get O-Gun back and even if we cleared up the room to secure him, the odds are that we would lose him without compensation the following season. Not to mention I believe we have our heart set on drafting a QB with the #20, this is also a player who will not make an immediate impact. That leads me to believe that we might wanna take a 1st round pick if offered to get a WR, someone who will make an impact,..... immediately.

Would I rather have O-Gun than a #13 Pick? Yes. Would I rather have O-gun and the 5 mill a season he wants or the #13 pick, I gotta go with the #13, or any pick in the first for that matter.

Originally posted by Muck
Buffalo needs to sign Wally. Mike Williams doesn't need to face this twice a year on national TV.

Hah......

Originally posted by Muck

Watch #68 on the left of your screen vs Wally. 0WNED!!

OMG! He tossed Mr. top ten pick around like a rag doll. :D

Screw getting Eli we need Ben he is much better even though his school wasnt. The MAC is better then you think just look at UCF they thought they were gonna run the mac and they sucked both years in it compared to the other teams. THis guy could have played for anyteam he wanted but chose MIami of Ohio because it is one of the best publics schools in the nation. Not for sports but for the actual purpose of college. So what more could you ask for a 6' 4 250 pound quarterback with a brain who can scramble. Trade all are 1st rounders for him if we can get one for OGun screw ELI this guy is for real. I have had the oppurtunity to watch him play since his school he is great. When he was in high school he passed for like 8 touchdowns against us and i went to the 2nd biggest school in Ohio. This kid broke every record in Ohio's history in a season and he never played Qb till his senior season. He was a reciever up untill then.

Originally posted by finfan54
I mean, buffalo radio keeps talkin about how they need a DE who makes a diff, think Donohoebag would pull the trigger? i tend to think no, becuase hes a douche and actually thinks hes better than Spielman finding nobody's who become probowlers.
But what if? #13 is a good spot becuause guys slip through the cracks there.

I just cannot see the f-o letting O Gunn sign with a team in the AFC,,, let alone with an AFC East rival ...

And NEVER on the billy goats roster !!!!!!

:egads: :barf:

Marino1983

Well, now that ive seen some replies, i want to add my thoughts:

1. To Have #13 and 20 i would package for Eli but if its a no go then i keep my picks and i draft the best guy on the board,probably a WR (i cringe when i say that), then at #20, i go with Rivers unless we discover he will not go until the 2nd round and we trade down a few spots with a team and pick up a second and a later round pick. That would enable us to get a QB, WR, and Two linemen on the first day potentially.

2. the Ogun deal means we would have to face him twice a year so you better draft or find a good RT or Brunell or whoever our QB is will be facing a pure bread Nigerian Nightmare Stud twice a year!

3. The other thing i think about is if we lose Wade, Perry, Ruddy, and others, (depending on who gets cut or flies away via FA) what we get in compensation for those losses?
I would think that would give us a third rounder at least. I dont think Ogun constitutes a loss cus of the picks we get for him anyways.

Originally posted by Brad528
Screw getting Eli we need Ben he is much better even though his school wasnt. The MAC is better then you think just look at UCF they thought they were gonna run the mac and they sucked both years in it compared to the other teams. THis guy could have played for anyteam he wanted but chose MIami of Ohio because it is one of the best publics schools in the nation. Not for sports but for the actual purpose of college. So what more could you ask for a 6' 4 250 pound quarterback with a brain who can scramble. Trade all are 1st rounders for him if we can get one for OGun screw ELI this guy is for real. I have had the oppurtunity to watch him play since his school he is great. When he was in high school he passed for like 8 touchdowns against us and i went to the 2nd biggest school in Ohio. This kid broke every record in Ohio's history in a season and he never played Qb till his senior season. He was a reciever up untill then.

well, if Ben were to last until #13, i would stick with him at 13 and get a Linemen at 20, unless the pickings of linemen arent as good as WR of course then i would be happy to see Rashaun Woods. i watched that bowl game he played in and he reminded me of a more versatile Mark Duper except faster.

Re: Re: What if Buffalo got Ogun with #13?

Originally posted by Marino1983

I just cannot see the f-o letting O Gunn sign with a team in the AFC,,, let alone with an AFC East rival ...

And NEVER on the billy goats roster !!!!!!

:egads: :barf:

Marino1983

Yeah but look at it this way, we could get our Franchise QB, and another pick in 3rd round to get another linemen and there defense becomes more formidable but there offense remains lame cus of there Oline and they dont have the picks anymore. Drew Bledsoe would still be sacked a whole bunch IMO. Ricky could still run on that as long as we find a capable RT. that part is a tall order but Buffalos cap would then start to rise again from one or maybe two players (Antwan Winfield). There Offense IMO would still be beatable i think by far. I think their Oline probs are worse than ours. Brown is a trouble spot now and those LT's are getting used.

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

While I think that O-Gun, the AFC sack leader by the way, has more potential and upside than anyone we could get at #13 the money comes into play.....

We simply do not have the cash to get O-Gun back and even if we cleared up the room to secure him, the odds are that we would lose him without compensation the following season. Not to mention I believe we have our heart set on drafting a QB with the #20, this is also a player who will not make an immediate impact. That leads me to believe that we might wanna take a 1st round pick if offered to get a WR, someone who will make an impact,..... immediately.

Would I rather have O-Gun than a #13 Pick? Yes. Would I rather have O-gun and the 5 mill a season he wants or the #13 pick, I gotta go with the #13, or any pick in the first for that matter.
Exactly what I was thinking.;)

I don't want Ogunleye signing with another AFC East team. I would rather have Ogunleye in Miami than the #13 pick and Ogunleye in Buffalo.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I don't want Ogunleye signing with another AFC East team. I would rather have Ogunleye in Miami than the #13 pick and Ogunleye in Buffalo.

Ya that would be kinda strange. But who better to gameplan against him than the team he just left?

Re: Re: Re: What if Buffalo got Ogun with #13?

Originally posted by finfan54

Yeah but look at it this way, we could get our Franchise QB, and another pick in 3rd round to get another linemen and there defense becomes more formidable but there offense remains lame cus of there Oline and they dont have the picks anymore. Drew Bledsoe would still be sacked a whole bunch IMO. Ricky could still run on that as long as we find a capable RT. that part is a tall order but Buffalos cap would then start to rise again from one or maybe two players (Antwan Winfield). There Offense IMO would still be beatable i think by far. I think their Oline probs are worse than ours. Brown is a trouble spot now and those LT's are getting used.

That is a different way to look at it and I see your point but O Gunn only has 2 years as a pro and for him to go to a rival,,, it could come back to haunt us .....

And there is a possibility that most of his success this season was because of JT but that is a whole lot of talent to give up to a division foe and face twice a season .....

:shakeno:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom