What if Rivers is there at 20 and we don't take him? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Rivers is there at 20 and we don't take him?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk after the senior bowl about wether or not Rivers would still be there for us at #20. What if he's there but then we don't take him?Who would we take if we don't take him? Would you people be shock if we pass on him?I think we should take him if he's there and I think we would take him if he's there. But after we took Fletcher and after what we did last year then anything is posible.I'm getting the feeling(a bad one)that he'll be there and we'll pass on him for some stupid reason.

Ozzy rules!!

Micheal Clayton is not a stupid reason.

I like Clayton too and if we have 2 picks in the 1st round then I'd love to have them both. But I think is stupid to pass on a QB with that much talent to draft a WR. Not putting down the Wr position but is a little easier to find a WR than a great QB imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
I like Clayton too and if we have 2 picks in the 1st round then I'd love to have them both. But I think is stupid to pass on a QB with that much talent to draft a WR. Not putting down the Wr position but is a little easier to find a WR than a great QB imo.

Ozzy rules!!

agreed, and we have a viable WR option in Chambers, with unproven talent (tolver) to back him up. It's not ideal, but the WR threat is still there. Where as we have nothing to show at the QB situation, the best prospect is Sage, and being an ISU alumnus, I don't really want to see our franchise in his hands.

Uh no Clayton at his position is much more than Rivers is at his.

Originally posted by Jaj

Hear hear. I like Rivers a bunch too, but if we're at the 20 pick, and both of these guys are on the board....I gotta go with Clayton.

Originally posted by Jaj

UHH WRONG

If you want to compare positions I believe Rivers broke almost every passing record this year other than Detmers

You can have all the wideouts in the world, but if you don't have a QB who can get the ball to them, then they are useless.

Anarchy In DOLPHINLAND?? I watched a few of Rivers games against stiff competition! Like FSU and OSU, ALL HE DID WAS MAKE PLAYS!!if the guy is there at 20 YOU HAVE TO TAKE HIM!!

I think my wittle hawt would be bwoken if we passed on Rivers. And that's kinda the feeling I get too sometimes. It's one thing to have the top pick or two in the draft and be all about a guy. But we're at 20. And we can't lead too much on. So I'm afraid that maybe we'd pass on him.

That said, it's no secret that our QB situation is in shambles. And no matter what we do, everyone knows everyone else's needs.

Michael Clayton or whomever might be rated a little higher than Rivers in regards to the 20th pick by some. But sometimes you have to go with a need player who's rated a slight bit lower. Especially when it's a QB. It's been far too long since we've drafted a QB high. And with Marino and Speilman calling the shots, the QB situation WILL be addressed.

Personally, I think Rivers is of EXCELLENT value at the 20th pick. And the WR class is abnormally deep this year. Whereas there is a pretty big dropoff after Losman at QB.

You always take the quarterback over the receiver. Great quarterbacks make average receivers look above average. Great receivers don't make average quarterbacks above average.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
You always take the quarterback over the receiver. Great quarterbacks make average receivers look above average. Great receivers don't make average quarterbacks above average.

Well said.

Originally posted by hunter5nc1

UHH WRONG

If you want to compare positions I believe Rivers broke almost every passing record this year other than Detmers

That's not a very good example, talking about the records Rivers broke at "QB". Does Mike Clayton play QB? No. I'm sure you haven't seen Rivers more than 1-3 times. I've seen Rivers and Clayton many times, and Clayton is a much better prospect than Rivers. Ask any NFL Draft analyst, they'll tell you the same thing.

If you want to talk about records, let's talk about where Detmer and some of the guys whose records were broken by Rivers are today, and what they've accomplished in the NFL.

No.

What Chambers has done is make himself look superhuman on occasion. All that does is make Jay look even worse because he can never hit him in stride.

It's scary to think of how good Chambers would be if he had a quarterback that could get him the ball.

Back
Top Bottom