What if Rivers is there at 20 and we don't take him? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Rivers is there at 20 and we don't take him?

Originally posted by Noland
Screw all the scouts who put down Rivers all they can say is unorthedox throwing style they must have never seen him throw and neither have some of you or blind one. He has had practice for a week at the Senior Bowl an was off on a couple of deep throws screw that. I seen alot of his game probably 3/4 of his games an he has no problem going deep to a reciever he is use to. Anyway forget about throwing deep all the time that aint most inportant. This guy has the quickest release in the draft reminds me alot of Marino that is the 1st reason he completes 10 yard and 20 passes and the other reason he is completes them passes is because he has got one of the hardest if not the hardest throwing bullet there is in the draft which also reminds me alot of Marino. Marino threw for alot of yards doing that.

Screw the scouts I seen him play. Yes if there is something I can be worried about it is his un orthedox throws but I am not worried. He proved it aint a problem 4 years. His quick release will make it work in the NFL.

Good passer accurate passer and a smart leader has alot of heart is better than what we got.

I should be the last one to talk, with my grammer and spelling errors, but man that was outright painful to read.

Agreed, i got through a little bit of it and then just gave up before i got a headache.

Not to knock you

Originally posted by Danny
Well, it seems like the board is divided on this one. Like I said when I started the thread, we can't pass on a good QB to draft a good WR. Like some of the guys here said, there're plenty of good WR's in this draft but not many good QB and he's could be a great one too. I would not mind at all having Clayton or one of the other good WR's but I'd take Rivers over any other player at any other position at 20.

Ozzy rules!!

becasue this thread posed a good question, however, there are too many variables that will happen before draft day. I havent hear anything on how Ricky Ray did but suppose we pick him up as a future starter or trade for Drew Henson. Or what about if we make a run after Volek from Tennesse?

Assuming that we dont get a yound qb through trade or FA, then yes I'd be pissed, however there may be a few sleeper qb's in the draft that we get in the 3rd. Like a Krenzel or Shaub.

Re: Not to knock you

Originally posted by rhadaddy

becasue this thread posed a good question, however, there are too many variables that will happen before draft day. I havent hear anything on how Ricky Ray did but suppose we pick him up as a future starter or trade for Drew Henson. Or what about if we make a run after Volek from Tennesse?

Assuming that we dont get a yound qb through trade or FA, then yes I'd be pissed, however there may be a few sleeper qb's in the draft that we get in the 3rd. Like a Krenzel or Shaub.

We probably won't hear much about Henson until his agent makes a deal with the yankees. If so, I hope Pitt makes a deal for him and take them out the QB mkt on draft day.

Back
Top Bottom