What if Sage has a decent or even good game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Sage has a decent or even good game?

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Will Wanstead stick with Lucas the following week or keep Sage at the helm?

Knowing wanstead he will stick with Lucas and that what I'm afraid of...:nono:

If Lucas is hurt, he won't play against the Jets. They say that Sage has looked very good in practice.

Would like too see Sage get a shot too. He didn't get much of a chance Monday nite. Granted Lucas has the experience but give the kid a chance. Might be pleasantly surprised. Alot of Redskin fans were upset at losing him. :cool:

Well we all know that Sage doesn't have the experience that Lucas does. But Sage isn't dealing with a confidence problem either. Tough call.

But no matter who's in, its hard to win any game with our receivers dropping the balls or fumbling it away (ahem Konrad/Carter). I don't know about anyone else, but after that second fumble I physically saw our team throw their hands in the air. Its like they're questioning themselves and not playing with urgency. Maybe it's just me. But all these turn overs in two games will make someone think.

Oh, and to everyone using the stat of "Wanny has never EVER lost 3 in a row with the Dolphins"...well grasshoppers, that doesn't mean squat. Its something nice to talk about, but the other team doesn't care one bit about that stat other then to try and break it. Ok, anyone else want to borrow this soap box?

The only thing I have to base this on is what I saw from Sage on Monday, but he looked like a fish out of water no pun attended. He threw 3 passes, and not one went anywhere near a Dolphin. If Ray is healthy I would want him to play. He showed alot of improvement from a week ago. If he can show as much improvement this week he might not be that bad. Playing in a game is alot different than Preseason. Look at the learning curve Ray has had to go threw, would you want to see the same from Rosenfels? If Konrad and Carter didn't fumble we were in postion to win that game. Now we have Dixon back and Ray will be playing his old team. If he can walk I want Ray in there. I may be the only one, but I know I am right.

who knows what Wanne will do, but you have to assume that if we beat the Jets and Sage executes the game plan and does not turn the ball over, he is our new starter. That is what any coach that wants to game ball games would do since Lucas has not shown the ability to lead this team to victory.

Even if sage does well we pray for jay to heal properly.

Hey, when Sage through the ball away, at least it was well done. What the hell happened to the Shotgun formation. Not used enough mon. night imo. With a gimpy QB. What do you think about going no huddle. At least maybe the opponents defense will be confused too.

I think if Sage starts and plays well... he will continue starting until Jay returns.... DW has a policy that you don't lose you starting job to an injury, but I have to believe that only counts if you were playing well before the injury..

Bad news is Lucas should start on sunday ...They should just rest Lucas because is not like he is playing any good period...

Sage is better than Lucas. It might take him a game or two to get comfortable, but he is a better QB. I was infuriated when we traded him, and we only did because Spurrier couldn't accept the fact that Gators don't necessarily play in the NFL like they did in college. He's got a good arm, and he can scramble. He needs a couple starts though because he can at times look a little uncomfortable out there. Sage had a great pre-season, and while I know that doesn't mean much, after watching him there and in training camp when I went up .. he has a lot of potential and is already better than Lucas. I think in time he will be better than Fiedler .. probably not now though.

Originally posted by SkinsHQ
Sage is better than Lucas. It might take him a game or two to get comfortable, but he is a better QB. I was infuriated when we traded him, and we only did because Spurrier couldn't accept the fact that Gators don't necessarily play in the NFL like they did in college. He's got a good arm, and he can scramble. He needs a couple starts though because he can at times look a little uncomfortable out there. Sage had a great pre-season, and while I know that doesn't mean much, after watching him there and in training camp when I went up .. he has a lot of potential and is already better than Lucas. I think in time he will be better than Fiedler .. probably not now though.
thanks for opinion from someone whose seen him play - how's Daryl working out ?

BTW - Lucas was great in PS, too. ;)

Originally posted by dolphan39
thanks for opinion from someone whose seen him play - how's Daryl working out ?

BTW - Lucas was great in PS, too. ;)

Daryl has been great. No locker room issues I've heard of, he has stayed healthy, and is playing better than Dan Wilkinson this year. He is really disruptive and bursts through the line giving other teams fits. He is looking for a long term deal now, I hope he gets it but hopefully it doesnt have too much money tied up in a signing bonus with his injury history ..

Back
Top Bottom