What if San Fran trades down for better haul | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if San Fran trades down for better haul

You can't really worry about what other teams do. You just have to look for the best way to build your own team.

I think SF goes quarterback there. Otherwise they don't make the trade. Can't count on a guy who has played in 23 of 48 games.

Sheer math. One of the reasons this is unlikely is that there are only so many teams determined and able to make that type of move. When the Dolphins held the #3 pick the 49ers were among the pursuers. Now that San Francisco and Miami have essentially swapped places, a major pursuer is out of the picture and replaced by an appeaser.

Than Miami got?

Say San Fran trades down with Denver and they get #9, Denver's round 2 and 2022 1st and 3rd rnd.

Grier sucks?
what iuf grier trades down to 9 for a second a 2022 first and third grier's a genious ?

They won't, San Fran did the opposite of what we did. They pinpointed a player and went after him at almost all costs.
We traded back and will be content with 1/4 players. I would 10/10 my team take the aggressive approach, regardless of outcome because eventually you will strike gold. Assuming they get Lance, they get a bonafide stud

what if my aunt had balls,,, would it be my uncle ?

They won't, San Fran did the opposite of what we did. They pinpointed a player and went after him at almost all costs.
We traded back and will be content with 1/4 players. I would 10/10 my team take the aggressive approach, regardless of outcome because eventually you will strike gold. Assuming they get Lance, they get a bonafide stud
or a bonafide bust

Why even think like this? I really don't get it!

Believe it or not there is a large contingent of fans (Not just Miami) who live to tell other's "I told you so" and would root against the team in order to be right.

Not saying the OP is one of those fans but not everyone watches sports through an unfiltered eye.

The same fans always tell you the games are fixed and when it happens one time, they will let you know forever that they were right.

or a bonafide bust
there are no guarantees my friend. Just pointing out that your putting all the faith in your scouting and front office that they can identify the guy. Thats what they get paid to do and San Fran has a pretty good track record in that regard. If grier had one maybe two guys he wanted and knew one would be there at 6, then its a great move by him. If he figured he would just get one of the highest rated guys at 6 regardless than its the approach a 2nd grader would take.

there are no guarantees my friend. Just pointing out that your putting all the faith in your scouting and front office that they can identify the guy. Thats what they get paid to do and San Fran has a pretty good track record in that regard. If grier had one maybe two guys he wanted and knew one would be there at 6, then its a great move by him. If he figured he would just get one of the highest rated guys at 6 regardless than its the approach a 2nd grader would take.
I am not sure I agree with you and their track record they have about has bad bustability ratio than other teams

Well it is pretty obvious they didn't take the 2nd grader way if so they would have just sat at 12 after the 49ers deal. It makes it pretty obvious that they have a few select guys that like that they feel will be there at 6 but not 12. This is a great approach by them. They probably couldn't get a team in there targets range willing to trade up or not offer much so deal with the 49ers who were willing to offer a premium because they are targeting a QB. Then go back up to get the guy/guys you targeted at 3 anyway. Now you end up with one of your top targets pay less 3 vs 6 and get a 1st and 3rd picks as well. Doesn't seem like an unthought out approach that a 2nd grader would come up with.

Well it is pretty obvious they didn't take the 2nd grader way if so they would have just sat at 12 after the 49ers deal. It makes it pretty obvious that they have a few select guys that like that they feel will be there at 6 but not 12. This is a great approach by them. They probably couldn't get a team in there targets range willing to trade up or not offer much so deal with the 49ers who were willing to offer a premium because they are targeting a QB. Then go back up to get the guy/guys you targeted at 3 anyway. Now you end up with one of your top targets pay less 3 vs 6 and get a 1st and 3rd picks as well. Doesn't seem like an unthought out approach that a 2nd grader would come up with.
the reference to a "2nd grader" wasn't about the specific trade, it is the approach. And im not saying thats what he did, we don't know. i was comparing it to what the 9ers did which again was identify and then aggressively go up to get him. The opposite of letting players fall to you

Back
Top Bottom