What if Tua doesn’t enter the draft in 2020? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Tua doesn’t enter the draft in 2020?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The Dolphins have gone all in for the tank in 2020, but I can’t shake the feeling that Tua will decide to stay in school in 2020 and leave the Dolphins holding their nuts.

What would the Dolphins do in that scenario? Draft Herbert (or whoever else asserts themselves as the #1 QB) or wait AGAIN for 2021 for Lawrence or Tua?

I’ve already heard some murmurings that Tua’s parents would prefer for him to finish school. And they might look at the Dolphins decrepit roster and what happened to Luck as a way to urge him to go back for Senior year.

The Dolphins have gone all in for the tank in 2020, but I can’t shake the feeling that Tua will decide to stay in school in 2020 and leave the Dolphins holding their nuts.

What would the Dolphins do in that scenario? Draft Herbert (or whoever else asserts themselves as the #1 QB) or wait AGAIN for 2021 for Lawrence or Tua?

I’ve already heard some murmurings that Tua’s parents would prefer for him to finish school. And they might look at the Dolphins decrepit roster and what happened to Luck as a way to urge him to go back for Senior year.
If he knows he's coming to the Phins with no oline or WRs to speak of, he may stay in college and wait this out.

I’m a fan of what we’re doing but until tua beats up some more top competition the way he beats up his lesser competition I’m not sold that I want him as our guy.

I see the intrigue, but numbers speak for themselves against the top shelf defenses. They are inconsistent

If Tua doesn't enter the draft we can all have a big laugh about it.

Would be similar to when Andrew Luck would have been the #1 overall pick the year Cleveland was picking first and he decided to go back to school to play as a redshirt Junior.

Also Tua is coming out. He's guaranteed #1 overall this year, but not in 2021. You can always finish school, you cant always be the first overall pick.

The only thing guaranteed in life is death. No one gets out of this alive.

There are a million things that can happen this season so anyone making a prediction of any guarantees is delusional, at best.[/QUOTE]

The heads of many here on FinHeaven will explode if Tua stays for another year. They will have nothing else to rally around.

I keep saying this, but assuming Tua comes out next year, which he probably will just because Lawrence definitely gets drafted ahead of him based on where we are today, you still have at least 3 or 4 other elite prospects to choose from including Herbert, Love, Frohm, and Eason who has an absolutely cannon for an arm. This could be a rare and elite QB class similar to 1983 when Marino came out. Even if Tua doesn’t come out next yeah which would be crazy, there are plenty of other prospects, and we have Rosen to compete with whomever we draft. I hope we sit him all year so he doesn’t get injured behind this pourous line.

Tua isn't a lock to go #1. Put me in the Herbert corner as the top QB. As we get closer to the draft teams/scouts are going to pick apart Tua's lack of arm strength & his game as a whole. How will he play when he doesn't have the best RBs, WRs, & oline in the game?

Tua isn't a lock to go #1. Put me in the Herbert corner as the top QB. As we get closer to the draft teams/scouts are going to pick apart Tua's lack of arm strength & his game as a whole. How will he play when he doesn't have the best RBs, WRs, & oline in the game?

Well, I continue to find it astonishing the bias on this board against a player like Tua. All these other QB’s can go out and play horribly and nobody says a word. Silence.

People continue to tout clearly inferior players out of nothing but pure spite. It’s the only explanation. Anybody that thinks Tua has been playing behind the best offensive line either isn’t watching the games or simply don’t know what they’re looking at. Alabama’s offensive line isn’t even set. They’re still rotating a bunch of inexperienced kids trying to find out who sucks the least when it matters. This isn’t the same caliber of offensive line Bama had 7 or 10 years ago under Jeff Stoutland or Joe Pendry that dominated everyone. Not even close.

Questioning Tua’s arm is silly. The crispness of his throws are simply on a different level. There’s not a throw he can’t make. Furthermore, the arm strength angle with Herbert is the most overrrated thing talked about. He continues to not be able to execute in key moments. He’s like Ryan Tannehill - he’s just bad juju.

If you’re the best player in the draft, you find a way to execute when it matters. Herbert doesn’t. His process is slow at times, holds the ball too long, and has an elongated delivery. Wait until scouts start diving into Herbert and his game as a whole. That offensive line in front of him is literally the best in the country in terms of NFL prospects. Literally.

Herbert just got outshone by a kid who was playing in my region recently. A kid who was playing high school football a year ago. A kid making his first start. Ever.

I’m sure the scouts will love the arm strength Herbert displayed when he threw Oregon’s only chance to win 15 yards out of the end zone on a Hail Mary.

It’s ironic how the best looking rookie quarterback to this point in the NFL preseason is the one everyone trashed for having the weakest arm.

By the way - Tua threw for 5 TD’s against that defense Herbert just saw. Herbert would be in a world of trouble if he had to play the teams Tua sees on a regular basis.

Do you think Trevor is better than Deshaun Watson? I don’t. I’m about 85% sure of it.

What makes you say that? In the offseason you said he was an amazing prospect. Did the struggle game against GT bring your opinion down?

Both are and will be great qbs. Tua is and will be as well. I'd take any of those 3 any damn Sunday IMO.

Back
Top Bottom