What if Tua doesn’t enter the draft in 2020? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Tua doesn’t enter the draft in 2020?

If Miami has the first pick and doesnt take Tua I will officially be done with this team lol.

His ball placement and accuracy is impeccable. He fits what Flores speaks about with a qb.

If Tua doesn't enter the draft, I can see us trading out of the #1/#2 to #8/#10 spot and selecting Love over Herbert. Love's release is as quick as I've seen...he makes the most boneheaded decisions for a top flight QB though. and pick a G and a DE with the 3 possible picks.

I'd feel better about the tank if something like that happened.

Interesting take I just heard, Tua isn't the type of QB to take a loser and make a winner. Like he isn't a gun slinger and needs help. Discuss...

Tank for trevor
Might be a better idea. Tua would be put in an unestablished offense with no line. 2020 can be for developing the OL and the rest of the offense then put the rookie in the best position you can the next season

What makes you say that? In the offseason you said he was an amazing prospect. Did the struggle game against GT bring your opinion down?

Both are and will be great qbs. Tua is and will be as well. I'd take any of those 3 any damn Sunday IMO.

I think he’s a good prospect. I just think he’s a little overhyped. Especially by the anti-Tua crowd.

I don’t think he’s as good as Deshaun Watson was. I think Trevor’s receivers make a lot of plays for him and he looks a little better than he really is.

Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross are both top 10 picks. Nevermind Etienne. People who don’t know college football act like Tua is the only QB in the country with players around him.

They never acknowledge the talent at other programs like Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio St., Georgia, Oregon.

Look, Deshaun Watson faced a much more difficult task against Alabama than Trevor did. Twice. And basically Vince Young’d it both times. It was two of the best performances I’ve ever seen.

But the way the game went last year in the national championship was more of a result of Clemson’s receivers making plays, their offensive line, lack of pressure by Bama, and receivers running wide open than it was about Trevor Lawrence. He misses a lot of throws and people just ignore it because they’re not watching.

I know you know what I’m talking about. He doesn’t have Watson’s accuracy or wheels.

I think he’s a good prospect. I just think he’s a little overhyped. Especially by the anti-Tua crowd.

I don’t think he’s as good as Deshaun Watson was. I think Trevor’s receivers make a lot of plays for him and he looks a little better than he really is.

Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross are both top 10 picks. Nevermind Etienne. People who don’t know college football act like Tua is the only QB in the country with players around him.

They never acknowledge the talent at other programs like Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio St., Georgia, Oregon.

Look, Deshaun Watson faced a much more difficult task against Alabama than Trevor did. Twice. And basically Vince Young’d it both times. It was two of best performances I’ve ever seen.

But the way the game went last year in the national championship was more of a result of Clemson’s receivers making plays, their offensive line, lack of pressure by Bama, and receivers running wide open than it was about Trevor Lawrence. He misses a lot of throws and people just ignore it because they’re not watching.

I know you know what I’m talking about. He doesn’t have Watson’s accuracy or wheels.

Sounds like the anti-Trevor crowd leader. We'll see...

Well, I continue to find it astonishing the bias on this board against a player like Tua. All these other QB’s can go out and play horribly and nobody says a word. Silence.

People continue to tout clearly inferior players out of nothing but pure spite. It’s the only explanation. Anybody that thinks Tua has been playing behind the best offensive line either isn’t watching the games or simply don’t know what they’re looking at. Alabama’s offensive line isn’t even set. They’re still rotating a bunch of inexperienced kids trying to find out who sucks the least when it matters. This isn’t the same caliber of offensive line Bama had 7 or 10 years ago under Jeff Stoutland or Joe Pendry that dominated everyone. Not even close.

Questioning Tua’s arm is silly. The crispness of his throws are simply on a different level. There’s not a throw he can’t make. Furthermore, the arm strength angle with Herbert is the most overrrated thing talked about. He continues to not be able to execute in key moments. He’s like Ryan Tannehill - he’s just bad juju.

If you’re the best player in the draft, you find a way to execute when it matters. Herbert doesn’t. His process is slow at times, holds the ball too long, and has an elongated delivery. Wait until scouts start diving into Herbert and his game as a whole. That offensive line in front of him is literally the best in the country in terms of NFL prospects. Literally.

Herbert just got outshone by a kid who was playing in my region recently. A kid who was playing high school football a year ago. A kid making his first start. Ever.

I’m sure the scouts will love the arm strength Herbert displayed when he threw Oregon’s only chance to win 15 yards out of the end zone on a Hail Mary.

It’s ironic how the best looking rookie quarterback to this point in the NFL preseason is the one everyone trashed for having the weakest arm.

By the way - Tua threw for 5 TD’s against that defense Herbert just saw. Herbert would be in a world of trouble if he had to play the teams Tua sees on a regular basis.

Tua and Herbert should be considered multiple tiers apart, and that hailmary was very much something Tannehill would do. I also think it's a mistake to say Lawrence is better than, or even as good as, Tua. Tua is further along, and you can't just assume Lawrence will make up that ground imo. Herbert looked like he could be on his way to elite QB play, but he just never took that step. I do think Lawrence is significantly better than Herbert, and he could well surpass Tua, but I think the odds are probably against him ever being that good. If I'm Miami, Tua in 2020 is much more attractive than Lawrence in 2021.

Look, Deshaun Watson faced a much more difficult task against Alabama than Trevor did. Twice. And basically Vince Young’d it both times. It was two of the best performances I’ve ever seen.

I'll never say any college qb is better than Watson at all, he was so insane it wasnt even funny.

I fully agree with all your saying and I've been on the Tua train for a long long time for playing for the Miami Dolphins.

Trevor does miss the easy passes more than I'd like him to do, but he's got plenty of talent and more than enough time to correct that. I expect him to be an elite prospect and a guarantee to be the #1 overall in 2021. Tua fits this offense to an absolute T and selecting him ensures that this team will see a team significantly improve overnight.

Tua and Herbert should be considered multiple tiers apart, and that hailmary was very much something Tannehill would do. I also think it's a mistake to say Lawrence is better than, or even as good as, Tua. Tua is further along, and you can't just assume Lawrence will make up that ground imo. Herbert looked like he could be on his way to elite QB play, but he just never took that step. I do think Lawrence is significantly better than Herbert, and he could well surpass Tua, but I think the odds are probably against him ever being that good. If I'm Miami, Tua in 2020 is much more attractive than Lawrence in 2021.
If you need a qb 2020 and 2021 will have 2 of the best to come out in a long long time.

But Trevor's accuracy chart was up there with other generational prospects. To act like he's just a good prospect doesnt make any sense to me.

But Trevor's accuracy chart was up there with other generational prospects. To act like he's just a good prospect doesnt make any sense to me.

He was special relative to his age/experience in 2018. I just don't see the need to project at this point. We have two years of Lawrence before we have to say what he is. Saying he will be this or that, with only 1/3 of his college career behind him, feels impatient to me. He's off to a remarkable start for sure.

Back
Top Bottom