What Is Everyones Favorite Pick At 11? Why? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is Everyones Favorite Pick At 11? Why?

I guarantee you that the team who gets Vea will be much,much happier than the team who gets Saquon Barkley. Barkley is a 2nd round pick in the real world.

giphy.gif

The problem with your theory is running quarterbacks get beat up(see RG3)...the most effective QB is one with great arm skills(accuracy), who can sparingly run just enough to keep the defense honest, but not get hit much.

If Jackson is accurate(a must in the NFL)...and controls his desire to run, he would be a top ten pick.

Not sure if he is that guy...I haven’t watched his tape.

RG3 is a bad example. He had a hero complex and despite his intelligence, had zero field awareness. I also maintain the worst QB injuries have happened in comfy confines of the pocket.

I want Roquan Smith. if he isn't there i want Derwin James.

In the NFL.com mocks, I see James taken in the top ten and some where he falls to the late teens. What's your vision of how we could use James if we were able to snag him at 11?

What offers better value? A PB caliber safety who contributes on over 1000 snaps as a rookie or a PB caliber DT who only gets 4oo-500 snaps? Jordan Phillips had 402 last year. Godchaux had 500. Vea played 532 snaps his last year in college. How much more can you expect from a 347 lb guy?

Is that your mom?

Why is no one talking about Barkley's RAC??? Is it because it just isn't that impressive at all? Yup! and that little fact just doesn't fit the huge hype train the pundits have created.

Saquon Barkley is Ronnie Brown. A great athlete with the size and athleticism that scouts love, and the ability to do a good job at all aspects of the game.....receiving,blocking,vision.

He has no dominating attributes. He ran away from some college secondaries on breakaway runs, but that is much harder to do in the NFL. He just isn't truly elite or even great. He is a bell cow for sure, but do you really use a top ten or even a 1st round pick on a good do it all RB??? Especially when the RB class is so deep? Only fools go there.

I'm not saying he is Trent Richardson. I'm saying his value is realistically a late 1st or an early second.

Vita Vea on the other hand, has greatness and elite qualities dripping all over him from head to toe.

If these guys slip, I take them:
Edmonds
Fitzpatrick
Smith

Anybody other than them I trade back at least once. Maybe twice. This team can benefit more from 2 or 3 second and third round picks.

I agree with Edmunds because we need an ILB. His size 6-5 and speed to cover TEs. Much better than R. Smith imo. I'm not for moving up but would like to move down a few spots if none if those are there at 11 and take Mason Rudolph.

Back
Top Bottom