What Is Everyones Favorite Pick At 11? Why? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is Everyones Favorite Pick At 11? Why?

Rosens gonna be a Phin...I can taste it[que dramatic undertone score]

This is a four-year business. When the QB did not perform in four years, they should’ve benched him and went for Goff or Wentz. Last year again, they should’ve gone for Mahomes, Watson. They did not. They wasted two years.

This should be an executive decision, and they need to take Rudolph and open a new four year window. Better late than never.

However, if this coach thinks he can make a SB run with Tannehill, he should be allowed that roster decision this year.
But, if he thinks he needs Mayfield for a SB run, that is not his decision. That is an exec decision on who in this draft should be given a new SB window.

What’s the difference between Vita Vea and When Danny Shelton came out? seems to me they are the same type of player. And Shelton is a bust.

They both play in the D-line and are both Polynesian...? I would take Danny Shelton on this team to be honest. He's a pretty good run stopper and I guarantee you he's not going to look like a bust after a few years with the Pats.

Well, you're asking for "favorite pick" so I'm only going to list one, Quenton Nelson.

Here's why. We know the top rated guy on most people's board is RB Saquon Barkley, so he surely goes ahead of the G Quenton Nelson. We know that also up there is the top pass rusher, DE Bradley Chubb, so we know he goes before Nelson. There's a good chance that 4 QB's go very high, despite not being as highly rated, but very possible all 4 could go before Nelson. The best DB's could go ahead or behind Nelson as they play more impactful positions of S and CB, so that means James, Fitzpatrick, and Ward might conceivably all go before Nelson. There is a real possibility that LB's Tremaine Edmunds and Roquon Smith go before Nelson. That's 11 already, before considering DT's like Vita Vea, WR's, and shock reaches.

So, there is a possibility that Quenton Nelson falls to us at 11. If so, he would probably be my top pick. He builds a running game for 10+ years, and solidifies the interior pass protection as well. That takes us through Tannehill's retirement and into the next QB's growth cycle. Guards fall, but the last high guard selections, Washington's Brandon Sherff and Dallas' Zack Martin, have been home run picks that delivered at least as well as expected. Nelson looks better than both of them.

My gut says we end up with Mayfield or Rosen. If not, one of the top LB’s.

This is a four-year business. When the QB did not perform in four years, they should’ve benched him and went for Goff or Wentz. Last year again, they should’ve gone for Mahomes, Watson. They did not. They wasted two years.

This should be an executive decision, and they need to take Rudolph and open a new four year window. Better late than never.

However, if this coach thinks he can make a SB run with Tannehill, he should be allowed that roster decision this year.
But, if he thinks he needs Mayfield for a SB run, that is not his decision. That is an exec decision on who in this draft should be given a new SB window.

Take a guy who’s gonna be around in the third at 11. Low football iq rt17 hater alert

Take a guy who’s gonna be around in the third at 11. Low football iq rt17 hater alert

Or he's saying you go all in on the guy you think can take you to the next level, there is no guarantee that a QB with his talent will be there in the third, recent history suggests teams don't always look at predicted rounds for QBs. He's 5 or 6 on most people's boards, if the top 4 are gone in the first 10 picks or so, there are a lot of other teams that will still need to fill their back up/future #1 need.

In my view 11 is too high for him, but wouldn't shock me in the slightest to see him not get out of the first round.

I've come to be "ok" with any of the following 10 picks (so as not to disappoint myself come draft day), so there is only one situation that we would miss on all of them, in which case I really hope we trade down somehow:

Barkley, Chubb, Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, Smith, Edmunds, Fitz, James, Vita Vea

Vita Vea is the only HOF candidate in this year's first round conversation outside of perhaps, Mayfield. He might just be better than the oft injured Packer if he himself can stay healthy in the NFL.

The only two picks I’d be upset with are Lamar Jackson or Any d lineman. Jackson is not accurate or smart enough to be a nfl qb and You do not cut Suh just to draft his replacement with a lessor prospect, especially one trick pony Vea.

James
Fitz
Smith
Edmunds
LVE
Any Of the top 4 QBs

All would be ok imo

Im figuring every other qb is gone at this point.
Im also thinking he is the type of qb that fits the style of Offense the NFL is moving towards. The athleticsm for other defensive coordinators to plan against would be unmatched if Gase had some time to work with him. I think itd be a dream if we could snag him in 2nd Roumd but I dont see that happening.

The problem with your theory is running quarterbacks get beat up(see RG3)...the most effective QB is one with great arm skills(accuracy), who can sparingly run just enough to keep the defense honest, but not get hit much.

If Jackson is accurate(a must in the NFL)...and controls his desire to run, he would be a top ten pick.

Not sure if he is that guy...I haven’t watched his tape.

Well, you're asking for "favorite pick" so I'm only going to list one, Quenton Nelson.

Here's why. We know the top rated guy on most people's board is RB Saquon Barkley, so he surely goes ahead of the G Quenton Nelson. We know that also up there is the top pass rusher, DE Bradley Chubb, so we know he goes before Nelson. There's a good chance that 4 QB's go very high, despite not being as highly rated, but very possible all 4 could go before Nelson. The best DB's could go ahead or behind Nelson as they play more impactful positions of S and CB, so that means James, Fitzpatrick, and Ward might conceivably all go before Nelson. There is a real possibility that LB's Tremaine Edmunds and Roquon Smith go before Nelson. That's 11 already, before considering DT's like Vita Vea, WR's, and shock reaches.

So, there is a possibility that Quenton Nelson falls to us at 11. If so, he would probably be my top pick. He builds a running game for 10+ years, and solidifies the interior pass protection as well. That takes us through Tannehill's retirement and into the next QB's growth cycle. Guards fall, but the last high guard selections, Washington's Brandon Sherff and Dallas' Zack Martin, have been home run picks that delivered at least as well as expected. Nelson looks better than both of them.
Yeah, Nelson’s my guy too. Love his toughness. Just dont think he’ll be there. So Vita Vea it is for me, followed by Josh Jackson.

My top 11 players:
  1. QB Sam Darnold
  2. QB Josh Allen
  3. RB Saquon Barkley
  4. DE Bradley Chubb
  5. S Derwin James
  6. S Minkah Fitzpatrick (rated lower as a CB)
  7. LB Tremaine Edmunds
  8. CB Denzel Ward
  9. DT Vita Vea
  10. DT Da'Ron Payne
  11. DE Marcus Davenport
With the expected overdrafting of players like Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Quenton Nelson, and Roquan Smith, several of the players above should be available at pick No. 11. And I'm willing to draft any of the players above at No. 11 if the players listed before them are gone.

Last edited:
Ideally LB if a top one is on the board. We have a glaring need at that position. I love Lamar Jackson as our QB but that's a luxury pick. We need to draft a day one starter

Back
Top Bottom