What Is Everyones Favorite Pick At 11? Why? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is Everyones Favorite Pick At 11? Why?

I think the Dolphins will keep the pick at eleven and realistically select Tremain Edmunds. The AFC East has Tom Brady and is going to have two of the three top quarterbacks in this class and Miami would be wise to select a pro-bowl caliber guy who will harass them all for the next six years or so. He’s nineteen, son of Ferrell Edmunds, can play all over the field, one bio said he “lives in the backfield”, and has huge upside. I think he does more for the team than any one guy we can get with the eleventh pick assuming a franchise changing quarterback (not even sure there is one in this draft) is sitting there.

I like what I know about Edmunds, but I feel he'll have the most trouble adjusting to the NFL. If Miami gets him, there will be more than the usual rookie mistakes.

I don't know what my favorite pick will be, but here is my preparation routine for the inevitability of the Phin's draft picks:

I see several people hoping we draft Vea at 11......lol.......I guess some people didn't learn anything from the last time we tried building our defense around a DT. Suh is way better than Vea ever will and guess what? Our defense sucked with Suh here. Not because Suh was a bad player but because this is 2018 and you win with pass defense. You have to get to the QB and you have to cover and Vea does not do either of those. If we select a DT at 11 it'll show that our FO still has no clue as to how to build a team. I'm not saying a DT is not important. But at 11 you draft QB,DE,Corner or a play making FS. You don't win by using your high picks on DT's or guards.

I probably am asking too much, but I want the guy who is going to be a transcending player and a star. If we have a choice between two guys who fit that profile, and one of them fills a need, then go with him. Otherwise, I don't care. We need to make this pick count and get someone who can really help us even if it is not right away such as a QB.

At #11 I would look to invest in the best tackle or guard on the board. Q. Nelson, M. Mcglinchey, etc.. Id like to build the most solid line in the league. I cant see paying a lot for a te, rb, etc. The qbs are raw and probably won't contribute instantly IMO so id wait to address that.

I'd be happiest with: Mayfield, Rosen, Edmunds, Barkley, Chubb, Trade Down
I'd be OK with (most likely happening): Fitzpatrick, Smith, James, Vita Vea
I'd lose my mind in misery: Another WR, CB, or trade up for Josh Allen

Ive gone back and forth between Safety, Linebacker, and QB. I hate the Vita Vea pick. There are 3 reasons why i believe we must go QB this year that do not even have to do with RTs health.

1. Each team in the AFC East is projected to at least think QB early and the team that gets left behind or picks wrong could be at the bottom now and for years to come.

2. Miami currently has no identity or leader for the future and is indeed in clean house mode. Gase wants his own man he can mold. Currently FO has no other way to sell jerseys (remember that the NFL is a $ sport) and who in their right mind will by any jersey besides Wake because anyone elses future in Miami is up for debate.

3. QB Prospects for the next few years are not as talented as the 2018 class.

So with the 11th pick (we have to many holes to be trading up) Id like to see us take Lamar Jackson.

I have so many reasons why I like him as a prospect. Whos everone elses best case player at 11?

Edmunds or Ro Smith 1A and 1B

Best case - Darnold, Barkley

Realistic - James, Edmunds, Smith, Fitz

Worst - Rosen, Payne, Vea, Nelson

A NFL writer today said the guy that will fall in the draft is Rosen.
I think he is a bit soft but he is the best pure passer by far in this draft. His touch and accuracy is excellent.
He moves decent in the pocket and his footwork is solid.
He would be an interesting choice but a risky one.

Rosen, because Coach Logan says so. "I don't care what his personality is like, If he is a accurate, and gets it, he is your guy, until of course, he isn't"

If not Rosen, trade down and stockpile as many 2s and 3s as you can, and use them for linebackers, safety, O line, DLine.

The Fearless VIX Lovin VIPER

Edmunds/Smith/Fitz.

Draft a QB and the only good thing about it is that Tbaum will get the axe after we average 450 yards and 28 points given up per game.

Back
Top Bottom