What Is Everyones Favorite Pick At 11? Why? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is Everyones Favorite Pick At 11? Why?

If nelson is there, you take him, period. After that the pick better be on defense, either one of the LBers fill different roles, outside or inside, but I'd ideally like to see what we have with reakwon (ray quan sp?) Vita Vea isn't a bad pick either since we wasted a pick on Harris last year. I think Vita would really open things up for Harris, Wake and Quinn. The low football IQers will cry and I will enjoy their tears.

Anyone that thinks we trade up for a qb, take a total project like Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen inside of the first two rounds, is of a VERY VERY VERY low football IQ. Hopefully there are enough stupid teams to draft one of these overrated busts like Jackson and Josh Allen that we get one of the blue chippers.

I would be all over Rosen or Mayfield if they are there, we need to swing for the fences, we could draft an all pro defensive player but he would not take us to the SB. If they are both gone, which is likely of course, then Edmunds would be my choice, wouldn't be upset if we had to go down the list for Ward, James or Smith in that order. I really don't get the love for Fitzpatrick, I've not studied the class a whole lot I will admit that but I've not been greatly impressed with the tape I've seen and Alabama DBs aren't slam dunks.

I would be all over Rosen or Mayfield if they are there, we need to swing for the fences, we could draft an all pro defensive player but he would not take us to the SB. If they are both gone, which is likely of course, then Edmunds would be my choice, wouldn't be upset if we had to go down the list for Ward, James or Smith in that order. I really don't get the love for Fitzpatrick, I've not studied the class a whole lot I will admit that but I've not been greatly impressed with the tape I've seen and Alabama DBs aren't slam dunks.

You realize there are 21 other starters on the team right? The eagles just won with Nick Foles. Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Doug Johnson have all won super bowls but HOFers like Warren Moon, Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton and Jim Kelly are ringless?

If these guys slip, I take them:
Edmonds
Fitzpatrick
Smith

Anybody other than them I trade back at least once. Maybe twice. This team can benefit more from 2 or 3 second and third round picks.

My relative order of priorities:

Mayfield

Jets or Bills NOT taking Mayfield
Fins not taking Jackson in 1st round

Smith, Fitzpatrick Rosen, Edmunds

You realize there are 21 other starters on the team right? The eagles just won with Nick Foles. Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, and Doug Johnson have all won super bowls but HOFers like Warren Moon, Dan Marino, Fran Tarkenton and Jim Kelly are ringless?

Yeah the QB, is such a small insignificant part of a team, you are absolutely right......

Great question. Obviously hard to say without knowing who will be there. Would love Mayfield, but don't think he makes it.

I'm hopeful James gets there. Smith would be next for me. I'm also intrigued by Lamar Jackson. I know he needs work on mechanics, footwork etc., but I also think he could be a star in the right system.

If nelson is there, you take him, period. After that the pick better be on defense, either one of the LBers fill different roles, outside or inside, but I'd ideally like to see what we have with reakwon (ray quan sp?) Vita Vea isn't a bad pick either since we wasted a pick on Harris last year. I think Vita would really open things up for Harris, Wake and Quinn. The low football IQers will cry and I will enjoy their tears.

Anyone that thinks we trade up for a qb, take a total project like Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen inside of the first two rounds, is of a VERY VERY VERY low football IQ. Hopefully there are enough stupid teams to draft one of these overrated busts like Jackson and Josh Allen that we get one of the blue chippers.
You don't build a great offense by drafting a guard at 11 and you don't build a great defense by drafting a DT at 11 either. Those are the last positions you'd want to use your first round pick on.

You win by drafting pass offense and pass defense with your high picks

I think the Dolphins will keep the pick at eleven and realistically select Tremain Edmunds. The AFC East has Tom Brady and is going to have two of the three top quarterbacks in this class and Miami would be wise to select a pro-bowl caliber guy who will harass them all for the next six years or so. He’s nineteen, son of Ferrell Edmunds, can play all over the field, one bio said he “lives in the backfield”, and has huge upside. I think he does more for the team than any one guy we can get with the eleventh pick assuming a franchise changing quarterback (not even sure there is one in this draft) is sitting there.

I have always said that with your first pick, he should start from from the outset. That in mind, I really hope we dont take a QB at 11, or worse trade up.
so, I have narrowed it down to 4 players who would step in and start from the get go, and realistically could be there when we pick, and in no real order.

Quenton Nelson
Tremaine Edmunds
Derwin James
Minkah Fitzpatrick

Any one of these 4.....I would be pretty damn happy

Vita Vea, BABY!!! He’s the top interior lineman and an excellent run stuffer, who’ll allow the DE’s to go one on one. There is no one currently on Miami’s roster, who’ll command a double team, like Vea will. And besides it sounds like Vea is the anti christ on here, so I might as well root for him to be selected and watch most other Miami fans implode. Vea will cost a fraction of what Suh cost.

Judt did one of those mock draft simulators and felt like this would be a dream come true draft for me.

11: R1P11

RB SAQUON BARKLEY
PENN STATE
42: R2P10

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
73: R3P9

TE HAYDEN HURST
SOUTH CAROLINA
123: R4P23

LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA
131: R4P31

RB JAYLEN SAMUELS
NORTH CAROLINA STATE
209: R6P35

TE CHRIS HERNDON
MIAMI
227: R7P9

WR BRAXTON BERRIOS
MIAMI
229: R7P11

QB J.T. BARRETT
OHIO STATE

LOL

Yeah, that seems realistic. Good grief.

Vita Vea
Rashaan Evans
Ward

No ones going to pass on us if all they have to do is run up the middle. Vea is super athletic and massive, freeing up everyone behind him and creating 1v1s on the edge.

Evans is a heat seeking missile that would be so fun to watch. Kiko/Raekwan/Evans would be dope

Ward adds to the stable, inside or outside doesn't matter we need more coverage

Back
Top Bottom