What is so bad about this draft??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is so bad about this draft???

T-ROCK

Antagonist...
Reaction score
We needed a LB, we needed O-Line depth, we needed a TE, and we needed QB depth...

3 out of 4 ain't bad...

Eddie Moore was compared to Al Wilson by his own coaches...

Both Smith and Whitley will make this team...

Lee is certain to make the roster...

If all 4 make the 53 man roster, and contribute in some form as rookies, won't that be a success???

Tolver was an outstanding WR, also...

The other 3 likely will not be around long, and should hope they have enough credits to garduate with a degree...

Naturally, this is my personal opinion, and I know some will beg to differ...

Oh yeah, I TOLD you Stinchcomb was going in round 2...

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Crash Jenkins will stick around. He's got athletic ability, speed, and he hits with power. He's gotta learn the position but heck he learned the safety position for the first time in his life well enough to play against Clemson and Florida and cause two fumbles, in only two weeks.

I believe with alot of information bein brought up here about all our picks and in knowing who they actually are, I do believe that everyone is waming up to the picks and not thinking that the draft was as bad as led to believe when the names first came out...

Originally posted by Tatonka

your picks.

Wow impressive, you can tell how good our draft is just days after those draft picks were picked!?

So many monday morning GM's, what to do, what to do!

Oliver...

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I think Crash Jenkins will stick around. He's got athletic ability, speed, and he hits with power. He's gotta learn the position but heck he learned the safety position for the first time in his life well enough to play against Clemson and Florida and cause two fumbles, in only two weeks.

my initial reactin was that picks 6-7 wont have a chance. But then i read some more on those guys. wanny said we are drafting every one of these guys to make a contribution to this team and not be fodder. now i dont think they are all making it but the kid Provost has an excellent chance i believe. his competition will be Greg Jerman and there is a problem at LT. if this kid shows up and turns some heads, it could be all over. and he plays T and G. thats what the coaches love! Also, if these rooks all show, then i think Perry has something to worry about. But as far as the PS and backup competition, seth mckinney is the only lock. jamie Nails injury could come back to haunt in midseason or somethin so you know they drafted these guys with kid gloves.
Smart, tough, athletic and versatile. whitely a road grader. im so proud of Wanny i could just #$@!

Originally posted by Tatonka

your picks.

This coming from a guy who's team picked McGahee with Travis Henry coming off a season which he was #5 in the league...

At least we picked a guy who can still play... The same can't be said for McGahee...

He's no smaller than our 2nd round pick Eddie Moore.

Both 6'0" and 220 to 230 lbs.

what is pisa T's size ck?

Originally posted by finfan54

what is pisa T's size ck?

forget it i have the answere already!
6-0 222 from vista california!

He's no smaller than our 2nd round pick Eddie Moore.

Both 6'0" and 220 to 230 lbs.

Look at Moore and then look at Jenkins and tell me there's only a dozen pounds difference...

The biggest problem? We passed up on two WR's that quite possibly could have started this year, and who had fallen WAY below where they were expected to be picked(anyone remember the LAST reciever we picked that fit that bill? Mr Chambers anyone?), so we could pick a player who will play Special teams at best, and probably won't even be able to provide decent back-up this year at LB. That's what's wrong with this draft.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
The biggest problem? We passed up on two WR's that quite possibly could have started this year, and who had fallen WAY below where they were expected to be picked(anyone remember the LAST reciever we picked that fit that bill? Mr Chambers anyone?), so we could pick a player who will play Special teams at best, and probably won't even be able to provide decent back-up this year at LB. That's what's wrong with this draft.

That's right, we sure do screw up sometimes. I don't know what those people in the FO think about. After all, according to SI last year, Seth McKinney was a sixth round pick and McMichael was a seventh round pick. Why in the world did those idiots in the front office pick them so early?

Seth McKinney | C | Texas A&M | Big Twelve Conference
Selected by Miami Dolphins in round 3, pick 25 (90 overall)
Height Weight 40 Grade
6'3½ 300 4.99 3.52
Younger brother of former A&M guard Steve McKinney, now with the Indianapolis Colts. Four-year starter that was an All-Conference selection as a senior. Played in every game he's dressed for at A&M.
Tough, heady lineman with a great feel for the position. Quick off the snap, gets his hands into opponents and plays with forward lean. Stays square, keeps his feet moving in pass protection and works hard. Good intelligence, wherewithal on the field and looks for someone to hit or helps out line-mates. Effectively uses his blocking angles, body positioning and displays the ability to block down on opponents. Not big or dominant in the middle, lacks the strong base and gets pushed back into the pocket. Not light on his feet, plays back on his heels and though and rarely finishes his blocks. Like his older brother undersized but does not show the ability to block on the move or play in space which will severely downgrade him. Late Sixth Round.

Randy McMichael | TE | Georgia | Southeastern Conference
Selected by Miami Dolphins in round 4, pick 16 (114 overall)
Height Weight 40 Grade
6'3 247 4.86 3.53
Fifth-year collegian that decided not to take advantage of an additional year of eligibility already awarded to him by the NCAA. First team All-Conference selection last year when he caught 24/281/11.7/1. Totals the preceding two-years were 32/475/14.8/1 and 34/457/13.4/3 as a red- shirt junior and sophomore, respectively. Played with the starting lineup the past three seasons after a thumb and knee injury forced him onto the sidelines his initial two-years in the program.
Athletic, pass-catching tight end effective when focused on the field. Fluid, adjusts to the errant throw and extends, displaying the ability to pull the pass out of the air. Plays faster than his 40 time, gets into the defensive secondary and makes the long reception. Moves well laterally, catches the pass in stride and also has the ability to make the difficult reception. Blocks with forward lean, displays adequate footwork in pass protection and effectively uses his hands. Solid blocker when he applies himself. Gets lazy with his fundamentals, lets the ball get inside his body and too often clutches the pass against his frame instead of snaring it out of the air with his hands. Misses blocking assignments, not always cognizant of where he is on the field and must use the sidelines better. Seemingly gives half-hearted efforts as a blocker and does not play with a sense of urgency. Worked out poorly at the combine. Flashed ability throughout college but never took his game to the next level. Must dedicate himself at the next level or will bounce around and eventually be looking for a new line of work. Early Seventh Round.

I think 6 guys will make the opening day roster..Smith, Whitley,Moore,Lee,Tolver-all he does is catch passes and Crash Jenkins. Provost and and Williams will make the practice squad. Bell will be red shirt....lol

Jenkins is big enough on our defence. He's 220(will be 230) and 4.4

wow, I can see Moore, Crash,Gamble and Mckgahan on special teams. Is goona be fun. Now lets find a punter.

Back
Top Bottom