What is the most you'd give up for Henson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the most you'd give up for Henson?

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
If Henson is as good as advertised, I would want the dolphins to go after him. Even though I wouldn't mind having Rivers, if (and that's a big "if") they both reach their potential, I think I'd rather have Henson. What do you think the dolphins should offer the Texans in the above scenario? In my opinion, they should start with next year's 2nd and if that's not enough go with next year's 1st but nothing this year. I would want Henson to be the #3 QB behind some vet they'd bring in and Rosenfels as the backup. I think Henson needs to sit and learn rather than worry about being one play away from being the starting QB.

Definitely not a No. 1 this year. Maybe this year's three at the highest, or a combo of mid to lows, like this year's five and next year's four. I know a lot of people might say we have to offer more or we won't get him, but he only played EIGHT games at Michigan, and hasn't played in 3 years. He'll sit for at least a year or so, then he'll be stuck in as a starter. Five years will/could have passed between starting in college and pros. Then there's the learning curve and adjusting to the speed of the game. By the time Drew's hitting his stride Ricky might be beat down and we'll need a new RB to take the pressure off. Henson's a talent, but there are some serious caveats.

I'd give up a four or five this year and a conditional pick next year...as high as our first if he starts, as high as our second if he is the number two QB, and our third if he is the third stringer.

Originally posted by Rick 1966
I'd give up a four or five this year and a conditional pick next year...as high as our first if he starts, as high as our second if he is the number two QB, and our third if he is the third stringer.
Sounds good, and alot will depend on where henson wants to go. He has more power than Houston does and we would not need to provide more compensation if he wants us. Its much more important to Woo him than worry about draft packages. Hope dinner went well.

You guys are stingy on giving up draft picks man!!! Henson if he goes back into the draft will be drafted at the end of the first. What if Buffalo or Pitt selects Rivers before we do - that leaves us with the best option available Henson and we pick him using a 1st rounder. I'd rather trade for him giving up a 2nd in next years draft than a 1st this year.

Not to mention the fact that he has to paid for '04 out of the Texans '03 rookie pool if he is traded, that's less than $300,000. If he goes back in the draft and gets picked in the 1st, he'll cost a lot more than he would now.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
2005 2nd rounder...
I'll see that and raise it to a 2005 1st rd'er :D

I'd give this years third and a conditional next, like second unless he starts more than 2 games for us, then it gets bumped to a first. That way, we still have our number one this year to get a WR

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
I'd give this years third and a conditional next, like second unless he starts more than 2 games for us, then it gets bumped to a first. That way, we still have our number one this year to get a WR

i rather we give up nexts yrs picks since we need all the picks for this yrs draft esp since we dont have a 2nd.

If Henson wants to be here then he will force Houston's hand to trade him here. We offer a 3rd next year and assure Henson by agreeing to a nice contract prior to the trade.

Besides, it is in Henson's best interest to see that the team that is getting him has as many high draft picks as possible. If he went to the team that was offering the highest draft pick he would only be hurting his new team in the process.

Originally posted by phinfan2003
If Henson is as good as advertised, I would want the dolphins to go after him. Even though I wouldn't mind having Rivers, if (and that's a big "if") they both reach their potential, I think I'd rather have Henson. What do you think the dolphins should offer the Texans in the above scenario? In my opinion, they should start with next year's 2nd and if that's not enough go with next year's 1st but nothing this year. I would want Henson to be the #3 QB behind some vet they'd bring in and Rosenfels as the backup. I think Henson needs to sit and learn rather than worry about being one play away from being the starting QB.

2 #3s and definitley not a 1st. He's been out of football awhile and baseball shape is no where near football shape. First he'd have to get into shape, then get back into football mindset, all this b4 really being able to learn the system. For a #1, he'd better to be ready the following year and I'm not sure he would be. Not to mention where his heart truly is since football was not his first choice.

Back
Top Bottom