What KC fans think about the Surtain trade! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What KC fans think about the Surtain trade!

KB21 said:
They should be jumping for joy. They got Surtain for an incredible bargain.

Ditto, as far as compensation to us is concerned. They're paying big $ to him, but he definitely is worth the $ that he'll actually *see* from that contract.

dolphingator said:
I know I'm gonna get royally flamed for this, but I feel like going to their boards and thanking them!

We get: $ 8 Million in cap space and a 2nd round pick
They get: $ 20 Million worth of knee problems and Defensive Holding calls.

I think we made out like bandits!

I think we did well also. Finally we are free of some of the huge money on the D. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what Pat has done, but it's time to move on. Also, don't forget he was part of a secondary that flat out didn't get it done when it counted. He was part of the playoff flameouts, the Monday Night Miracle, and even the infamous Jacksonville debacle. It wasn't all his fault, but he didn't step up either when someone had to make a play.

Also, does anybody know whether we get both of KC's 5th rounders for ours, or just one?

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I'm a little suprised Nick Satan didn't lower his demand to a 4th this year and a 3rd next, I mean, we waited 2 months, to get pretty much the same deal
Except for the fact that we needed a pick this year to give us more flexibility in the draft.

im pretty happy cause we showed KC that we werent going to cave... either the 2nd round or nothing...

HysterikiLL said:
I'm gonna cheer for Pat too. He's on my Dolphins honor roll for life.

Hopefully not when we play the Cheifs this year! :wink:

Anyways, I'm glad, and sad to see Surtain go. We really needed the 2nd round pick, and more importantly, the Cap space, but i'm really gonna miss the guy. I wish Surtain the best of luck with his new team, and I will always remain a fan of his.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I'm a little suprised Nick Satan didn't lower his demand to a 4th this year and a 3rd next, I mean, we waited 2 months, to get pretty much the same deal

Saban said, and meant, there was going to be no discount on Pat. A second rounder from you guys was a VERY good deal for a player of his ability and as far as I'm concerned, far too cheap. He's the best CB in the game, and I'll stand by that.

I understand that, but his costs so much $$$$$ its not even funny, now we're the ones in a financial mess, I thought Satan would have caved in a little bit more than exchanging 5ths, he said he would have taken a 3rd round choice, why would we give him more than what he wants

My question is, where is SorryPhins. He swore and bet that Miami wouldn't be drafting in the second round. Where is his crow? I know he would be all over this board if the trade did not go down.

Why are people surprised with the compensation?

Alexander and the Edge are on the market for a 2nd round pick.

Owens was had for a 2nd rounder.

The compensation makes sense in this market.

MARINO1384 said:
it wasn't that much of a bargain i mean we did draft Surtain in the second round. So the way i look at it is we get back the pick we got him with and we always got to see him make some great plays for 7 years while helping our team.

Not exactly. Jimmy Johnson gave up a 1st rd pick the following year so that he could draft Surtain in the early part of the 2nd rd.
He was a second rd draft choice that in reality cost us a 1st rd pick.

Chiefs_no_1 said:
I understand that, but his costs so much $$$$$ its not even funny, now we're the ones in a financial mess, I thought Satan would have caved in a little bit more than exchanging 5ths, he said he would have taken a 3rd round choice, why would we give him more than what he wants

If you mean "Saban", I've seen nowhere quoting him as saying he'd take a 3rd for Pat - that would be absolute robbery. As far as the cash, he'll see the signing bonus and first 2-3 years of the deal, that's all.

You spent a lot of $ on him, but that's what the market demands and, again he IS the best CB playing, regardless of whatever hype has been thrown around about certain vaunted high-round draft picks.

chub said:
I went to one of there forums and there is dancing in the streets in KC tonight!
Last thread I went too had over 2500 views and over 100 responses 99 percent positive.

KC fans wanted Surtain really really bad. Kinda wish we got more for him but we needed the cap relief.

Now if and when Miami is eliminated from the playoffs I have no choice but to cheer for Surtain and the Chiefs!

Here is a link if anyone is interested http://www.chiefshuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=4658
The KC media has been having a huge circle jerk over it.

They should be happy they got Surtain, but they paid through the nose Contract wise for him, but it really shouldn't hurt them too much seeing as how they are in a WIN NOW Mode, and this cap hit will effect them more in the future than it will right now

HysterikiLL said:
I'm gonna cheer for Pat too. He's on my Dolphins honor roll for life.

Hell yeah. One of my favorite Dolphins ever, but it is a business, and sh*t happens. I hope he succeeds in KC, even though I don't like the Chiefs, I still want Surtain to do well (just not as well as our current DBs, haha).

Back
Top Bottom