What position do you want with our first pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What position do you want with our first pick?

What position do we pick first?

• QB

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • OT

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • OG

• WR

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DT

• DE

• LB (no.)

• CB (NO!!!!!!!)

• S

• Total voters
Originally posted by Graythreat

I'd like to shoot for Eli, though we'll end up with ROth almost certainly if we do. He's not a bad option either. THe difference I see between them is Eli could possibly walk on and do decent, where as Ben will take a year on the bench. Either way I think it's a win win to move up for Eli, even if we have to settle for Roth.

I also like Rivers. The numbers don't lie. He has a great football mind, is dead on accurate and his arm will be fine for the NFL. He won't be throwing any 70 yarders, but as I've said before, he can do the 50 yard pass just fine, and he hits his receivers in stride, they never have to slow down, THAT is the key to making the deep pass. Having a WR that can get a few step lead on the secondary and having a QB that can place the ball just right, so the reciever doesn't have to camp, or come back to the ball. Rivers has proven he can make the deep pass. I would be very disappointed if we let him slip to GB. As it is my heart really wants Eli, but I would be thrilled if we sat on the 20th and took Rivers as well.

I hear ya, I just don't want to give up too much and not get help on other areas we need. I like Eli too, but don't want to get cause up in him and not get him.

A franchise QB is the most important thing we need in this draft. Look at the 4 teams going into the championships today. All have very good QB's. Even Delohme is really good.

O line is next. If we get a QB to groom and maybe Brunell in FA the upgrade in that position will make our recievers better. Also we have a lot of good young talent at reciever. I'm looking forward to see what Simmons, Tolver and Newson do in training camp this year. So here it should definately be O-line. Some tough bastards!

Recievers should be the final consideration. Oh and maybe a kicker to groom. Maybe let Wanny draft more defense in rounds 6 and 7 but we have lots of depth on that side of the ball.

Guys..after watching Brady today, I'm beginning to think that Rivers is a better move for the franchise. Brady is a huge success in NE because of the system. He dinks and dunks and then throws the deep ball 4-8 times a game...but...they are accurate when he goes downfield.

Rivers is easily as good. NE showed me that the defense and the coaching are critical. Since we are stuck w/ wanny and NT as the coaching staff, lets try and get a WR/OL and maybe Rivers as well (assuming we have 2 1st from O-Gun).

Better coaching (should happen now w/ Wanny having less work responsibility), a few key player upgrades and we are there. Remember, neither of the teams that played today spanked us...just won by 1-2 plays.

I think selling the farm for Eli is foolish. I'd rather have a Rivers and SB wins then an Eli and tons of stats. I think we give up too much to move up that high.

DB

You should have added a spot for a dominate center! We can only dream!!!

Originally posted by Gonk
There have been a lot of threads about what position we should draft with our first pick this year. I haven't seen a poll yet so I think this will be interesting.

QB, regardless of what happens in FA.

Back
Top Bottom