What position do you want with our first pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What position do you want with our first pick?

What position do we pick first?

• QB

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • OT

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • OG

• WR

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DT

• DE

• LB (no.)

• CB (NO!!!!!!!)

• S

• Total voters
Originally posted by Danny

Do you think that freeman will leave? I think he's ready to start for us and I think Marion could be let go.

Ozzy rules!!

He's a UFA & last off season Rosenhaus threw a big stink about wanting the Dolphins to let Freeman go to seek out a starting job & more $.

Originally posted by SMadison29
FS is definitely a position we need to address a little later in the draft because Marion is average at best & Arturo is a free agent seeking some big bucks.

hypothetically, lets say Miami had a top 7 pick. if Sean Taylor is around, and EM and BR are gone, would you take him? i know i would... covers like a CB, returns punts, and can hit like Ray Lewis. perfect S IMO.

i choose QB. the QB position the the most important position in the NFL. I think Rivers is gonna be special. hell i think all 4 first round QB are. i would hate to say "Miami could have got him..."

besides the QB spot is the hardest to upgrade. when someone like Manning his FA, theres little to no shot he's leaving. you gotta draft these guys or be stuck with backups as starters. you can ALWAYS upgrade the WR spot.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

hypothetically, lets say Miami had a top 7 pick. if Sean Taylor is around, and EM and BR are gone, would you take him? i know i would... covers like a CB, returns punts, and can hit like Ray Lewis. perfect S IMO.

Hypothetically yes. If Eli, Ben, Gallery, Taylor, Fitz, or the R.Williams were on the board you take them. If not, trade down & stock pile picks.

I already think that's the way to go.

Hypothetically yes. If Eli, Ben, Gallery, Taylor, Fitz, or the R.Williams were on the board you take them. If not, trade down & stock pile picks.

I already think that's the way to go.

Gallery would be the SHEEEOT! Where's he projected nowadays?

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Gallery would be the SHEEEOT! Where's he projected nowadays?

Top 5 still. If the Giants don't take him the Falcons or Browns will.

I have to vote QB. This team is close, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the future of our team for the next 2 seasons.

While many people want us to draft an OL or more widely wanted a play making WR that can just walk right on the team, I want a QB for the future.

This team is on the verge of winning now, I'll agree, but in 2 years this defense will start falling apart due to age and high salaries. Our offense has been neglected too long,a dn THAT is the future of this team. Ricky, Chambers, McMichael, and a rookie QB is the way to go IMO. The offense will need to be there when the defense collapses. In order for our team to be ready, we need to draft a QB now. I don't want to be caught with a discentegrating defense, and an offense short a QB.

I think we need to address the "win now" needs in the FA, and hope to find a diamond in the rough or two in the later rounds. As it stands, I want our franchise QB.

Originally posted by Graythreat
I have to vote QB. This team is close, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the future of our team for the next 2 seasons.

While many people want us to draft an OL or more widely wanted a play making WR that can just walk right on the team, I want a QB for the future.

This team is on the verge of winning now, I'll agree, but in 2 years this defense will start falling apart due to age and high salaries. Our offense has been neglected too long,a dn THAT is the future of this team. Ricky, Chambers, McMichael, and a rookie QB is the way to go IMO. The offense will need to be there when the defense collapses. In order for our team to be ready, we need to draft a QB now. I don't want to be caught with a discentegrating defense, and an offense short a QB.

I think we need to address the "win now" needs in the FA, and hope to find a diamond in the rough or two in the later rounds. As it stands, I want our franchise QB.

I think the D is getting deep enough to prevent a wholesale collapse. We'll likely go after some more depth this year too.

This is a no brainer to me. Our WR corps has been very AVG and often bad for years now. Until they get that right it's not going to matter who the QB is, who is blocking for that QB. It's the one constant for the last 9-years.

Firing Ford is a step forward, but it's certainly not enough.

Oliver...

But we won't be able to draft a top qb as long as we're in the 20th and beyond position, unless we get stupid luckly and I don't think teams will fall asleep like they did with Marino..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
But we won't be able to draft a top qb as long as we're in the 20th and beyond position, unless we get stupid luckly and I don't think teams will fall asleep like they did with Marino..

You've got to give something to get what you want. We have a lot of talent on the D side of things. They are getting old in the tooth. If there was a time to trade some of these guys this is the time.

Let's see what magic Rick has up his sleeves.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Graythreat

There won't be a franchise QB around at pick 20, Eli & Ben will be long gone. I'm not willing to sacrifice now for the future to wait 2 years before Losman or Rivers are ready to play. I believe if we take a QB first being this close our team will give up. We are so close now, get someone that can help us now.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I'd like to shoot for Eli, though we'll end up with ROth almost certainly if we do. He's not a bad option either. THe difference I see between them is Eli could possibly walk on and do decent, where as Ben will take a year on the bench. Either way I think it's a win win to move up for Eli, even if we have to settle for Roth.

I also like Rivers. The numbers don't lie. He has a great football mind, is dead on accurate and his arm will be fine for the NFL. He won't be throwing any 70 yarders, but as I've said before, he can do the 50 yard pass just fine, and he hits his receivers in stride, they never have to slow down, THAT is the key to making the deep pass. Having a WR that can get a few step lead on the secondary and having a QB that can place the ball just right, so the reciever doesn't have to camp, or come back to the ball. Rivers has proven he can make the deep pass. I would be very disappointed if we let him slip to GB. As it is my heart really wants Eli, but I would be thrilled if we sat on the 20th and took Rivers as well.

There won't be a franchise QB around at pick 20, Eli & Ben will be long gone. I'm not willing to sacrifice now for the future to wait 2 years before Losman or Rivers are ready to play. I believe if we take a QB first being this close our team will give up. We are so close now, get someone that can help us now.

That would be Brunelle in the FA. Someone who can make an immediate impact. Even taking a receiver high doesn't gurantee that they'll start right away. Rookie receivers take a season or two to adjust to the game as well. We've been trying to win wtih this defense since Marino left. Bring in a few FA's but plan for the team to move our focus to the offense.

Back
Top Bottom