What team left who might trade up for Qb ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What team left who might trade up for Qb ?

BROGS

Fin fan in Jersey
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know Bills have pick right behind us at 12...what about Arizona who have 15th pick? They could leap frog Bills in trade with us. Of course qb would have to still be on the board. Maybe we could grab Arizona 3rd plus later pick? Not that i think we should...just bored this morning in frigid NJ. Lol

I could see the Jill's trading up and Giants trading down. But seeing how much the jets gave up to move up 3 spots, the Jills would have to mortgage their future and literally put all their eggs in basket. Worked for the Eagles a couple years ago. Fingers crossed the Jets and Jills QBs are complete busts whoever they draft.

For sure i could see giants trading out of 2 spot considering what colts received .

In the 83 draft, the AFC East all went QB. Bills (Kelly), Patriots (Eason), Phins (Marino), Jets (OBrien). The Colts would have too, except Elway refused to play for them. For you youngsters, the Colts were in the AFC east back then.
This year, I think the Jets and Bills are definitely doing everything they can to get a top QB. Everything hinges on who Cleveland takes at 1. The phins have been linked to Mayfield, although much depends on what Denver does with their pick.
I have a feeling that we will be seeing Rosen and Allen twice a year for the next decade or so. If that’s the case, I hope they both bust.
Also wouldnt surprise me to see the Pats draft Mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson with their pick near the end of the 1st round if either are still available.

The Cardinals could trade up to 11 and snag a QB.

Being 55yrs old.. i remember 83 draft well..actually just watched 30 for 30 marino elway yesterday..lol

Virtually anybody could move up. Many teams have mediocre starters and guys like Brady,Roethlisberger. P.Rivers, are all getting older so teams like that could go up and be thinking of the future as well. I would say anybody could be in play.

I am fairly confident Buffalo will be moving up to the Giants pick at #2 unless the Giants want to draft a qb themselves.

It wouldn't surprise me if we moved up in the draft as well to get a QB

I would be willing to bet that there is no way in hell Miami is trading up to draft a qb. Too many people on here are ignoring what Miami did with Tannehill and his contract. Miami is definitely not moving up in the first round for a qb, and it wouldn't surprise me if a qb fell to Miami at pick #11, they still wouldn't take a qb.

I don't think Miami will move up but if Mayfield is there at 11(I doubt he will be)then he's the pick 100% sure

Ozzy rules!!

Denver seems to be the forgotten team right. I am sure John Elway likes one or two of these QB prospects.

So much drama revolving around the top 5 amd what might happen.

NYG have been a well run organization for a long time. They have to know they cant pass on a QB with the 2nd overall pick. I get the allure of Barkley and the fact that he is a Giants fan probably will make it that much more tempting. OBJ, Evan Engram and Barkley would be an absolute nightmare to deal with. I think Josh Rosen would be an easy selection to make for the Giants. If Rosen goes first....

Incidentally, it is rumored that Arizona was one of the teams that called Miami about Ryan Tannehill. Denver was the other one that I heard. Fast forward a day and Denver has signed Case Keenum and Arizona has signed Sam Bradford. Bradford signed a very cheap contract -- clearly not in long term plans -- and Keenum's contract is also of the 'obvious bridge starter' variety.

The only thing to consider is that Denver still has Paxton Lynch. Lynch is a guy that I thought looked like hot garbage coming out of school, apparently looks like hot garbage in practice, and absolutely fits the "Brock Osweiler" mold of John Elway quarterback draft busts. But I find it a little hard to believe they have given up on him already.

My guess is that Arizona will want to trade up for a quarterback and Denver will sit tight for a year with Case Keenum and Paxton Lynch playing hot potato while that defense rots.

In my opinion, the 'surprise' quarterback team will be the New York Giants. You have the #2 overall pick, Eli Manning is getting quite up there in years, and he's just had a down season. Then you have Josh Rosen basically pulling an Eli and saying he doesn't want to play in Cleveland... kid's got NYG written all over him.

Being 55yrs old.. i remember 83 draft well..actually just watched 30 for 30 marino elway yesterday..lol

Being 52 and living in New Jersey;. I WAS at that draft and you can actually see me in the back ground on the 30-30 when the show the jets fan reaction.

I was in 11th grade and me and a buddy cut school to go.

Back
Top Bottom