What teams will make an offer on Wally? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What teams will make an offer on Wally?

UCF Knight

Golden Knight
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what 1st rd pick we will land, if another team makes on offer on him. Who do you think is willing to give up a 1st and 3rd for him?

My first bet is on Philadelphia Eagles. why? cus they need a big play DE and they have money and they wont mind losing their late round first. Also, obviously, Spielman has already been talking to Philly.:D Philly has money to spend as well.

Other teams:

New England Patriots: they have 2 1st, 2 2nd, 2 3rd's and have 2 DE on FA right now.

Houston Texans
Seattle

Houston Texans run a 3-4. O-Gun is too small for it.

They are not switching with two very good MLBs in the center that are also limited to just MLB.

Texans might, but they have too high of a 1st round pick to give up for Ogunleye. Same with the Bills.

Maybe a team like the Eagles.

By the way, I see you came from Matt's school. Welcome aboard!

Originally posted by finfan54
My first bet is on Philadelphia Eagles. why? cus they need a big play DE and they have money and they wont mind losing their late round first. Also, obviously, Spielman has already been talking to Philly.:D Philly has money to spend as well.

Other teams:

New England Patriots: they have 2 1st, 2 2nd, 2 3rd's and have 2 DE on FA right now.

Houston Texans
Seattle

Houston actually makes sense.. Last year, as a team the Texans piled up a paltry 18 sacks..

In that same time span, Wally alone had 15.

A terror on opposing QBs is obviously their most pressing need, and there's talk that Washington could grab the cream of the crop, Udzuke (sic) of USC with their pick at five.

Things that make you go hmmmm...

I thougth NE had two 4th's instead of two 3rd's.

Anyway......Philly, Buffalo, Seattle, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota are all teams off the top of my head that could use a standout DE like Wally.

I don't think Houston will grab him because, like Pittsburgh, they seem to like big DT types all across the line. I think they'll focus on the secondary to try and allow their blitzing LBs to get to the QB.

NE has two 3rds I have read.

Seattle, GB, Minn and Philly are the teams I expect.

Stephen Peterman at that spot would look very nice to me.

i have said this for about 2 months a friend of mine in Cincy says that OGUN i very high on there FA list at least that is what sports radio says up there but everyone knows the kinda BS sports radio spits sometimes

Cincy could definitely use him. All they have is Justin Smith (who appears to have regressed). Cincy finished 24th against the run and 24th in sacks. They need help all over that DL and secondary.

"Cincy could definitely use him. All they have is Justin Smith (who appears to have regressed). Cincy finished 24th against the run and 24th in sacks. They need help all over that DL and secondary."

if we got cincys pick, i would even consider dropping the third round pick request

I would consider it too. Or perhaps ask to flip-flop 3rd round selections with them (move up three spots).

Once again guys, if Ogun goes we might take a DE in the 1st round with one of those picks depending on who's on the board at that time. We all seem to wanta wr and an o-lineman but they might take a DE.

Ozzy rules!!

yea....I never thought about Cincy making a run for O-gun, but it does kind od make sense. They dont have anyone opposite Justin Smith, and their secondary isnt great...which makes a great pass-rush that much more necessary. If we got their pick, which is probably middle of the round (they went 8-8, so its probably a pick in the mid teens), we could make a legit run at Shawn Andrews (i think thats his name), that giant OT from Arkansas. Combine him with maybe Mike Clayton and Feely (who i think can be a very good QB) and we have a seriously upgraded offense next yr.

Originally posted by Danny
Once again guys, if Ogun goes we might take a DE in the 1st round with one of those picks depending on who's on the board at that time. We all seem to wanta wr and an o-lineman but they might take a DE.

Honestly, I don't think that makes much sense.

Why would we get rid of a budding superstar DE and use the pick we get for him on another DE?? One who won't be nearly as good as he is for at least a few years, but will still make big coin on a first round contract. If that's what we plan on doing, it makes more sense to just re-sign Wally.

IMO, the goal is to improve the offense. If you're going to sacrifice him, do it for the good of a major weakness.

Originally posted by Muck

Honestly, I don't think that makes much sense.

Why would we get rid of a budding superstar DE and use the pick we get for him on another DE?? One who won't be nearly as good as he is for at least a few years, but will still make big coin on a first round contract. If that's what we plan on doing, it makes more sense to just re-sign Wally.

IMO, the goal is to improve the offense. If you're going to sacrifice him, do it for the good of a major weakness.
That's the point, is not that we're trying to "get rid of him"..is that he may leave anyway. I'm not saying that I want a DE in the 1st round. I'm saying that knowing our team, they might take a DE in the 1st round. I'm all for us drafting a WR and an o-lineman in the 1st and then taking a DE in the 3rd round.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom