What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami... | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami...

Exactly what I said, 2 separate injuries back to back years in the same knee. He didn’t reinjure the same injury

No way, it’s like breaking a glass that was already broke but glued togeteher and, bah, just forget it

No way, it’s like breaking a glass that was already broke but glued togeteher and, bah, just forget it

This is actually the most sensible thing you've posted about the entire subject. The last three words, specifically.

Living rent free in your minds.

The thought that you would take satisfaction in that is...creepy, at best. However, I don't think you have the faintest idea what that means.

See, that phrase would be true if you kept coming to mind *without* you reminding us you exist by continuing to belabor a point. Trust me when I say you'll be evicted from my mind, as long as you stop doing that.

If the word around the campfire is true, and the Skins are thinking about franchise tagging Cousins again after all of this, then they're completely insane. What THAT means for the Miami Dolphins is that their fanbase...us...can say "Well, at least we're not Redskins fans."

The Redskins would basically be giving a guy that they have repeatedly spurned the ability to completely screw with their ability to sign free agents.

I don't see why you can't understand. When a QB isn't challenged and has a free ride his play will tend to drop. When faced with the real possibility of being replaced they step up their play. It has happened 4 times recently. And it certainly did have an effect.

You laugh at Osweiler, But Peyton was coming off neck surgery and Broncos didn't even know if he could still play. The drafting of Osweiler gave Peyton a short runway to get his game back to top level. He responded.

Brees was crap. They drafted Rivers and all of sudden he became good with the fear that he was going to loose his job to Rivers.

Smith average, but pushed to the top of the league when facing loosing his gig.

Brady great but not able to dominate for 10 years, draft a replacement and he wins 2 more Super Bowls.

Laugh all you want. If you think you can't be replaced you will perform at a lesser level IMO. And there are 4 cases that support my theory.
Jesuschrist ... See the previous post.

Thoughts?!?

headshot.gif
Again.

In case you missed it the first time ... Dingbat is mumbling bullshit, and Archie flat out can't take it anymore.

I'm starting to hope Kirk Cousins signs with the Jets for a couple reasons. I really don't want to see them take a top end prospect at 6 and have a chance of rebuilding. Signing Cousins makes them at the best what the Redskins have been the last 2 seasons.

I'm holding out hope that the 11th pick is traded to Arizona or Jacksonville. Maybe get Buffalo involved to drive up the cost on the teams you'd rather trade with.

Maximize the value of the pick. It would be nice to walk away from a draft with 9 or 10 players for a change.

All drafts are exciting, this one will be extra captivating kicked off by the Alex Smith trade. The top 4 QB prospects all have ?? but all could also emerge as the best of the class.

Last edited:
I have to admit I had no idea that Cousins > A. Smith in NFL circles. Always considered him a good fantasy streamer, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom