What They Said: Transcript of Charles Clay's conference call | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What They Said: Transcript of Charles Clay's conference call

Clay almost sounded like he preferred the Jills over the Dolphins the entire time. What a BSer. LOL the answer to the first question is money and nothing else! Can't wait to see our defense jack him up and hammer that "run first" offense.

I believe the part about the Pegulas turning on the charm. To fly up to Buffalo with the billionaire owners in their private jet and have them personally fuss all over Clay was obviously flattering. They are professionals in personalizing it and have had many years of practice as owners of the Sabres. We are not computing against crotchetty 95 year old Ralph any more. Mrs Pegula gets what she wants. In the case of Charles Clay, they have got a good player who exceeded most Dolphin expectations, but they have paid a ridiculously large amount to get him.

We can only hope that "practice makes perfect" as much for the Bills as it has for the Sabres since Terry bought them.

t can be said that the summer of 2011, which appeared to be the start of a new era, was actually the beginning of the end for the Sabres. During the past three seasons, the Sabres have posted an 81-104-27 record and have not made the playoffs in any of those years. Last season, they finished with the league's worst record at 21-51-10.

The team started getting to work on the demolition in order to rebuild during 2012-13. Gone are stars like Jason Pominville, Thomas Vanek and Ryan Miller, all traded away for mostly prospects and draft picks.

The club is on its third coach of the Pegula regime, while longtime general manager Darcy Regier was dismissed early last season. Among the other misfires, Pat LaFontaine was brought in as president of hockey operations at the time of Regier's firing. That lasted all of five months; the Sabres legend resigned amid a reported internal dispute over the trade of Miller, the team's star goaltender.

It has been a bit of a disaster during the past three years. Some of the fault lies with the front-office personnel, but the buck stops with Pegula. He's as complicit as anyone else in the organization's recent struggles. But if there's one thing you can say about him: he cares. Pegula is living what he called his lifelong dream of owning his favorite hockey team and it often shows.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on...-terry-pegulas-tenure-as-buffalo-sabres-owner

Like Clay would've signed with the Bills if they offered less money. Give me a break. These players spew such BS it isn't even funny.

Like Clay would've signed with the Bills if they offered less money. Give me a break. These players spew such BS it isn't even funny.
Pretty much...he kept saying that Buffalo made him feel so wanted and valued.

Translation - Miami wanted me but Buffalo broke the bank to get me. I took the money - I'm not an idiot.

I wonder how Charles Clay felt when he scored a TD, most of his teammates were celebrating with him, but Mike Wallace went over to complain to coach Philbin about not getting the ball.

I heard this PC and what I laugh about is the media up here.

They now talk about incognito like he is instant upgrade over what they had. Absolutely Nothing about bully gate. It's just sick how evil he was here. Now? It's like totally forgotten by the entire world.
They call clay the Swiss army knife. Seriously? Half the time he is blocking the other half he is running routes. Ok sometimes a FB. But so what? How many times have we seen our TE at FB? The media up here is exact opposite to miami's.

Clay's deal had a $10M signing bonus, split over 5 years on the cap, and a $10M roster bonus in 2016. His cap hit is $5M this year, $13.5M in 2016, and $6.5M each of the last 3 years not guaranteed.

He will restructure next yr before the roster bonus hits, this contract was built to keep the Fins from matching.....he clearly didn't want to play here and agreed to the charade of a contract

Good luck to him! Nice player to have, just not someone you overpay for... He worked his ass off for that contract, and Im glad the Fins didnt buy into rewarding him for his efforts... Clay is a good player, and the Fins made a good business move...

How about Clay stop talking bullsh*t and say it was about the 24 million for 2 yrs.?

You always hear bs when players sign. Just like the only reason suh signed here was the money.

Clay is a good player and it is too bad he went to Buffalo. They are looking strong.

At least Suh admitted that and didn't BS about how Miami is going to win now and how lovely the coaches are etc :puke::puke:

Most players do and it is almost always about the money
Suh is the exception as far as admitting it.

Most players do and it is almost always about the money

Yep, just as it would be for any of us if we were talented enough to play in the NFL and get a chance at a fat FA contract.

Yep, just as it would be for any of us if we were talented enough to play in the NFL and get a chance at a fat FA contract.

I don't doubt that at all and have always said it about the money. Most players don't admit it. Like we all know that moore can say whatever but it's not like team was offering him alot more money than us.

Back
Top Bottom