What Was the Offensive Gameplan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Was the Offensive Gameplan?

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not much downfield until the game was already over, Too many runs when behind the sticks and didn’t see much of trying to get the TEs involved.

I'm pretty sure whatever offensive "gameplan" we had dissolved about a week before the season started when we traded by far our best lineman and one of our starting receivers (who was also by far our #1 TD maker)

Nobody expected Houston to offer that much. I think that's why Flores got his tongue caught in his mouth with the whole "We aren't trading you Laremy" business and all the reports of players would revolt if traded etc.

Their offensive gameplan was the same as last week, which the Ravens knew and the Pats knew. Have a bunch of different formations and play types in the first 20 plays, which is why we see lovely plays like the end around where Grant got tackled 5 yards behind the line immediately upon receiving the ball. Like everything else this staff has done, they developed a gameplan that the Pats could run successfully, not one that actually applied to the team we have on the field.

Two firsts for Tunsil and a 3'rd in value for Stills is Houston overpaying by a lot.

Real value IMO is closer to a 1'st and a 3'rd for Tunsil and a 4'th for Stills.

I think with the fact that Tunsil was already entering the 4'th season of his original cheap 5 year contract we had to make this trade..

don't score enough points to win.
nailed it.

So far the absolute only thing I disagree with Flo on is Rosen needs to be playing. Just doesn't make sense to me. But I see that changing real soon.

I think the line is too big a mess for Rosen. This is preseason for that offensive line. 2 new starters (literally off the street) one guy playing a new position. Give them 2 more games to get better and make the change. Of course Isodara was replaced by Broehm today and this Wiltzman May play over both so stay tuned.

I think the line is too big a mess for Rosen. This is preseason for that offensive line. 2 new starters (literally off the street) one guy playing a new position. Give them 2 more games to get better and make the change. Of course Isodara was replaced by Broehm today and this Wiltzman May play over both so stay tuned.

It just will end the same way, even with Rosen playing, play him or don’t play him.

You didn’t set him up for success so that’s what we will get, before the end of the season Rudock will probably play also..

Back
Top Bottom