What were you guys thinking when....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What were you guys thinking when.......

The first half of the year all could think was "What the hell is Wanny still doing in Miami."
The second half all I could think was "I can't believe how badly Wanny has run this team into the ground."

once ricky screwed us and than boston went down, i knew it was gonna be a long season but i still watched every game and wanted them to win...then it got to the point that i was starting to think about a high draft pick so i was not upset that they were losing...going thrugh last year has made me realize how much i love the dolphins!!! i never thought i would see them go through a season like that...but now wanny and fiedler arent here and i really believe saban is going to have us competing and hopefully winning the super bowl...last year was worth it if we win a super bowl soon...i think its been 32 years since we won it all..and 21 years since we even been in one...

I was thinking - Wow, losing doesn't hurt as bad when you get used to it. I always wondered how Bengal fans dealt with always losing. Truth is, when you are a losing team, you become almost numb to it. In all those years of winning teams, the losses were much more frustrating and hurt much more just because we were used to winning and expecting to prevail. Not to mention we liked to lose them in December.

dominizzo said:
Miami went on a downfall in 2004 - 2005 and we saw them losing every game and suffering while they were losing?
Ever hear Chris Berman's impression of Vince Lombardi where he yells "What the hell's goin' on out there?" In a printable nutshell thats what I was thinking. :cry:

well when we drafted vernon cary instead of a qb or wr ,i thought man this draft sux then when ricky went pshyco on us and the media said we wouldn't be going to go anywhere regardless of whether we have ricky or not. i almost went to a karade shop and take a crash course in kung fu so i could open up a can of whip azz on the media and on dave wannstedt.

Well I'm ancient at 40, so I've calmed down over the years. Still wear fins gear on Sundays and go to bars to watch the games. Its kinda like getting older and realizing you're not invincible, it was hard but it will make it better once we get pass the first or second round of the playoffs THIS YEAR:fire: GO DOLPHINS:fire:

I felt a little selfish cause I really enjoyed watching Dan, and didn't really have a player on offense to get exited about after his retirement until Ricky came, then when he retired my first thought was , man I'm not gonna be able to yell Go Ricky Go! at the bars any more:(
But now Im estactic about the Brown Pound and Coach Saban, I'm ready:fire: 9 weeks from today:D

fantasticfins said:
I got excited EVERY week, I wore my Dolphin gear to the Bar every single Sunday, and cheered for them like never before. I actually enjoyed watching the "fair-weather" fans slowly but surely stop showing up for the games. I enjoyed being laughed at and mocked for my team being horrible, because NOBODY can dispute my passion for the Fins.

I dont care how bad we are, no real fan is ever ashamed.
Good post, I feel the same!

I was rambling. I was so ticked off but at the same time I was releived that Wanny and Fiedler would be gone. I also was thinking draft position and made my boards early. To my delight I got more than I asked for! We got rid off all our crappy coaches including OC and DC cords. and cut dead weight. Last season was a blessing in disguise.

first&goal said:
I bet you did, you know that you gonna face a different team this year....and I bet you dont gonna like it!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom