What were you guys thinking when....... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What were you guys thinking when.......

I figured that we will be a whole new team the next year and be back for pay back time......and i was right :D

I figured it was about time to have a losing season.. We have been good for so long even a great team has its transition times. We will be back this year..

dominizzo said:
Miami went on a downfall in 2004 - 2005 and we saw them losing every game and suffering while they were losing?

What was I thinking? "this f-cking sucks" is what I was thinking. But I expected it. I wasn't let down. Just irate that Huizenga let it get to the point it did with the coaching staff and mega-irate with Ricky.

Part of me was thinking it was bound to happen eventually,part of me was thinking, well atleast Wanny will be fired and the other part was saying every curse word known to man

popularwar said:
I watched every single game by myself. Every first down or drive we went without a turnover was like a victory.

Thats exactly how I felt. I also somehow managed to stay optimistic through it all. I knew there were major changes ahead.

When it comes to my teams...I'm an eternal optomist. Each week I kept conjuring up ways that we could upset the next team. Then when I finally came to terms with the season being a bust...I started looking forward to next year, and surprise!..I think we've made the right moves so far this offseason.

I had a feeling we we're going to be in for a rough season when Ricky quit and Boston got hurt. Then the most painfull game to watch was probably the Jets/Dolphins Monday nighter when the Jets ran all over us. I'm optimistic because we will do that to them this season, give em' a little R&R. Ricky & Ronnie Baby!

it was a horrible season capped off by having to watch the SB with 6 pat fans. (close family friends)

I was thinking "Lord this cannot be happening".

After so many years of winning, I (like many others) got complacient and took too much for granted. Then came last year, I said to myself " this is a real reality check" !

I remember that when Ricky quit I tried to take away that hurtful sting by rationalizing his loss as not that big a deal because it will force Wanny to open up the offense more, :roflmao: .

Oh man . . . .

Anyways, it was certainly not a pleasant feeling watching them lose on a weekly basis, but I wore my Dolphin hat to school everyday with even more pride than ever before because it was the first time as a Dolphin fan that I could show my commitment to the team through good or BAD.

When we beat the Pats, I was ecstatic, that was my Super Bowl for the year, and when AJ connected to Thompson on that 4th and 10, all the pent up frustration just came pouring out in excitement as if the Hoover Dam wall collapsed.

Throughout the season like many I did figure we were overdue for such a collapse, so I was certainly humbled last year. But I knew that the following year we would not be going 4-12, there's just too much pride and support behind the team.

frankly i was embarresed to tell people i was a FinFan especially when Wanny was the head coach, we hit 1-9 at one point. But, when Jim Bates took over the team still fought hard and went 3-3 the rest of the way, so while they sucked, their play at the end of the season made me hopeful for better things, and so far it looks like my hopes will be fullfilled.

I was just wishing the jacka$$es that came out of the woodwork to remind me daily that the Dolphins suck would go away. When I would ask who their team was, I would get reply "I always kinda liked the Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Chargers and Packers". You know the guy.....

Call me delusional, but i still went into every single game thinking we could win.

Shoes said:
I was just wishing the jacka$$es that came out of the woodwork to remind me daily that the Dolphins suck would go away. When I would ask who their team was, I would get reply "I always kinda liked the Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Chargers and Packers". You know the guy.....
I live in NC (fair weather fan capitol) and the jeered at me for being a finfan. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom