What will New Orleans now do with the #2 pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will New Orleans now do with the #2 pick

Dol-Fan06

Practice Squad
Reaction score
At the beggining it was clear that New Orleans was gonna draft a QB in the draft but now with the signing of Drew Brees, what does everybody think they will do with the pick, Trade down?

They should do what the Chargers did and draft Leinert or Cutler just to screw with him.. LOL :sidelol:

Trade the pick to the Jets, take Mario Williams. The Jets will get Leinart.

dont have a link, but i read somewhere saints GM said just because they signed brees doesnt mean they wont take a qb with the #2 pick. probably just posturing to try and keep the value of the pick in a trade, but considering brees is due a 12 mil roster bonus next march, it could end up being a 1 year deal for drew where they are looking to start lienart next year.

Trade down with the Jets. Now the Jets have a qb of the future. That sux....

I dont know that they wont still take a QB. They may need insuracne in case Brees shoulder is worse than he says. That is why the contract is really only 1 year gaurenteed.

Dol-Fan06 said:
At the beggining it was clear that New Orleans was gonna draft a QB in the draft but now with the signing of Drew Brees, what does everybody think they will do with the pick, Trade down?

Yup.

trade down, gain extra picks, the trade has to remain in the top 10 but take a.j hawk, mario williams, d'brick or michael huff

:goof: I know this sounds crazy, but I hope they do trade their pick to the Jets. Why? Because the Jets will probably get one of the top 3 QB's anyway and if they trade up to get who they want, they'll probably have to give up their 2nd and possibly more picks. They get a QB who MIGHT be decent in a couple years, but who's going to block and tackle for them with no other decent talent coming from the draft. They need way more than a QB and if they waste other draft picks just to move up a couple spots, well I'm all for that! :lol:

sammy2008 said:
Trade down with the Jets. Now the Jets have a qb of the future. That sux....

Maybe.

A lot of people are now thinking the Jets should/will trade up. Maybe if they were lower in the draft, but if they sit pretty at #4 they can still get a franchise QB. NO will not draft a QB, so either Vince or Matt has to fall to 4, it's that simple. They'll get their QB if they just sit back.

They have way to many wholes to fill to be tossing things around to move up 2 picks. They are safe where they are. Only move I can see is them going the distant to trade with the Texans, and it won't be for a QB.

If they were smart they would trade down and stockpile a couple of picks. But lets be honest they haven't been the smartest franchise. I say they trade the pick though and get D'Brick because the Jets and Titans will be fighting for Leinart. They should come out well in this ordeal.

I got an idea, we trade away our whole draft to the Saints for the #2 overall pick and we select Mario Williams. Ok that was a bit of a push but I wouldnt mind it.

Back
Top Bottom