What will New Orleans now do with the #2 pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will New Orleans now do with the #2 pick

I would not be surprised if they still take Leinart at #2. The contract they gave Brees is essentially voidable after 1 year. Now if Brees plays poorly or his shoulder does not repair as expected then they still have a plan B to fall back on.
If everything is ok with Brees they can convert that $12M roster bonus to a signing bonus (and spread the cap hit over 5 years) and either look to trade Brees or Leinart next season.

I dont understand the mario williams talk for the saints...they lost HOward but they still have Grant and Will Smith at de. They have Gandy at LT whos seen many a moon wouldnt DBrick be the best pick?

stan marino said:
I dont understand the mario williams talk for the saints...they lost HOward but they still have Grant and Will Smith at de.
They won't take Mario. They will go after D'Brick if anything. You are right they are set at DE. Plus their is another DE in the draft that looks to be forgotten and thats Kiwi from BC who would have been the top defensive pick last year had he not returned.

My guess as a Saints fan would be they'd love to trade down just a few spots but still be the position to get Ferguson. The Jets look like a prime canidate but they are trying to get a vet QB. So the Saints may have to trade down further and miss out on Ferguson but possibly grab A.J. Hawk. After signing Brees I think there's zero chance we draft Leinart. The Saints have quite few holes to fill (mostly on Defense) and the Saints really need to trade down out of #2 to stockpile picks. There is also zero chance that the Saints stick at #2 and pick Mario Williams. We do need help defensively but not at DE (like someone already said we have Will Smith, Charles Grant, Tony Bryant, Willie Whitehead at DE. The strength of our Defense).

Ti Rider said:
My guess as a Saints fan would be they'd love to trade down just a few spots but still be the position to get Ferguson. The Jets look like a prime canidate but they are trying to get a vet QB. So the Saints may have to trade down further and miss out on Ferguson but possibly grab A.J. Hawk. After signing Brees I think there's zero chance we draft Leinart. The Saints have quite few holes to fill (mostly on Defense) and the Saints really need to trade down out of #2 to stockpile picks. There is also zero chance that the Saints stick at #2 and pick Mario Williams. We do need help defensively but not at DE (like someone already said we have Will Smith, Charles Grant, Tony Bryant, Willie Whitehead at DE. The strength of our Defense).
Tennesse will probably try to get in on the Leinart bidding too. You guys should be able to get some extra picks and milk it for what it's worth. Good luck.

Knowing the N.O. organization's ways, they will probbaly shove it up their *** with no lube......and LOVE IT, cuz that's how they like it!! I won't be shocked if they sign jeff garcia sometime soon, ya know what I mean? :wink:

sammy2008 said:
Trade down with the Jets. Now the Jets have a qb of the future. That sux....

Linart is going to be a failure in the NFL. we all know that. Great QBs don't come from USC. He will fall and then won'y know how to get up.

Ideally they'd probably like to trade down with the Jests or Raaaaiiiderrsss and acquire extra picks...whether someone will or not is going to be right up to when they are on the clock. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they took a QB anyways, given Brees potentially tenuous situation...They can always trade him away next year if Brees proves to be healthy...It certainly won't make Brees too happy, but that's life...

Saints should trade down even if they have to take slightly less value and still get Ferguson or Mario at #3/#4. Saints don't have a 3rd round pick and need a C & LB. At work w/o one of those draft value charts, but think equal value would be a Titan's 2nd or the Jets 2nd & 3rd.

miami86 said:
Linart is going to be a failure in the NFL. we all know that. Great QBs don't come from USC. He will fall and then won'y know how to get up.

Oh yeah Carson Palmer sucks...Vince is that you? what is 2+2?

D'Brick won't be available IMO. I think they'll either trade down or take Mario.

Back
Top Bottom