What will we do.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will we do....

I feel Wade will play much better this year. Much like the young ot for the texans.He got clobbered allot year before last and came back solid last yr. Remember him blocking JT in our embarassing loss to them? Dolfanreal69

TheBostonBomber said:
if wade smith can't stop de's on a consistent basis?????

I hope to god he can.

if is the middle word in life!

:rolleyes:

KBISBACK said:
Wade only had two games last season that can be considered bad games. Overall, for a guy who had played left tackle for only one season, he did a good job. He should have been sitting in his first year while he added weight and strength, but he was forced into action. He became a 1st team All-Rookie performer based on his play.

Basically, he gave up 6 sacks in two games against Freeney and Kearse. In the other 15 games he started, he gave up 6 sacks total. He will be better this year, but he still won't be as good as he is going to be. In two years time, Wade Smith will be a near Pro Bowl caliber left tackle.
KB, you know I agree with you most of the time and I agree that Wade will be better this year and will keep on getting better. But he made the all rookie team cos nobody else got to start at LT all year long like he did. Now some people might say that he started every game cos he was so good but actually he started out of necesity as we didn't have anyone else to start at LT after Dixon went down. Again, I think he'll be better but that all rookie this is pretty much bs imo.

Ozzy rules!!

It was stupid for Norv to call a play for the QB to take a 7 step drop against a speed rusher like Dwight Freeney. It was stupid. No LT will consistently win that battle. JT has to be double teamed to protect the QB on 5 step drops.

The Patsies had no trouble with pressure from Freeney when they played the play-off game. Why? 3 step drops from the QB. The outside speed rusher can not just blow by the LT on the shorter drops...he takes himself out of position.

Yes, there were times when Smith messed up. But...he gets too much blame when the QB doesn't step up in the pocket or a 7 step drop gives the speed rusher a more direct line to the QB.

Back
Top Bottom