What Would Plan B Be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would Plan B Be?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I've never been on the Tank for Tua train. I'm not sure the Miami front office is either, although I'm sure they love him as a prospect. Playing devils advocate, what happens if the Dolphins suddenly find their way out of the top three quarterbacks --- Tua, Burrow or Herbert?

I know everyone says, look at all those draft picks. Trade up if necessarily. But finding a trade partner could be difficult. As of now, Cincinnati owns the #1 overall pick. The Bengals need a quarterback and if they feel its only Tua and Burrow, I don't see them trading down. The New York Jets, Washington Redskins, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants and Atlanta Falcons are all in the mix for that top five range. Perhaps there's a trade possibility, but what would plan B be?

Do you draft the BPA with that first #1 (Young, Thomas) and then take a stab at Eason, Love or Fromm with the Pittsburgh pick, which keeps getting lower the more the Steelers win? Do you delve into free agency for a quarterback like maybe Teddy Bridgewater? Bridgewater could be a fit. Do you scour the market for trade possibilities. Cam Newton with a deal that is contingent on performance, or do you simply look toward 2021 for quarterback and build up the roster with Rosen and Fitz in the mix for 2020?

I think Burrow or Tua will still drop to us. If not, with 1a I’m going with Jeffrey Okudah. 1b Herbert if still there. If not, BPA with 1b and then look for Eason at 1c or 2a. Then also draft Gordon in the 5th or 6th.

I think Burrow or Tua will still drop to us. If not, with 1a I’m going with Jeffrey Okudah. 1b Herbert if still there. If not, BPA with 1b and then look for Eason at 1c or 2a. Then also draft Gordon in the 5th or 6th.
Right now, Miami is projected to pick fourth overall. Cincinnati, Washington and the New York Giants are currently slated to pick in front of the Dolphins. I think that's good scenario for Miami. My guess is Cincinnati takes either Burrow or Tua and then the Redskins and Giants could be open to trade options.

If the Dolphins win a few more that could obviously hurt their chances for either of those quarterbacks. I like your 1a and 1b. Okudah paired with Howard would be fun to see. Flores would love that. But I think Miami would likely go with Herbert.

The good thing is that the teams in front of us might not be thinking QB outside of Cincy of course. Need a strong showing from Haskins the rest of the way, but the Giants are obviously sold on Daniel Jones.

So we hope Haskins shows a little something and the Skins opt for a big replacement in Andrew Thomas. Could see the Giants going Jeudy, Young, or even Okudah.

The teams not targeting QB will field calls though. We are going to have to move most likely.

Last edited:
I draft Fromm...his IQ, pre and post snap, and accuracy fits what Miami wants to do.

The other picks I fill as they fall, but I would look at one of the top centers and a defender.

I would look at RB in round 3...grabbing one in round 1 seems a waste.

Round 2 o-line, DB help, Edge defender (depending on what we did in round 1).

I hope that you can teach Jordan love to do what Jake Fromm does well.

In no universe do I think you can teach Jake Fromm to do the things that Jordan love does well. I want to go for the grand slam

it’s tua, it’s Herbert if it doesn’t cost a bunch of ammunition to go get him, or it’s love for me.

And if the Jordan love narrative requires throwing fitz out there for another year that’s totally okay.

I don’t think you’ll ever see the staff roll w/ Rosen again. And if you do I bet we can feel the FO pushing it.

I sense flo and co don’t like joshes demeanor. I sure don’t. He certainly doesn’t seem to be in the mold of what chef flo is cooking w/ the rest of the roster.

There are many ways to hit a grand slam.

You couldn't teach Peyton Manning to do the things Ryan Leaf could do. But many mistakenly believed they could teach Ryan Leaf to do the things Peyton Manning did.

I think you just bite the bullet and trade what it takes to secure Tua Tagovailoa. That's Plan B.

This franchise cant make it easy. Instead of biting the bullet through 9 more games, they are gonna bite multiple bullets to get the QB now.

Back
Top Bottom