What Would You Rather: Tannehill w/ Cap-Friendly Deal OR Wilson w/ Cap-Busting Deal? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would You Rather: Tannehill w/ Cap-Friendly Deal OR Wilson w/ Cap-Busting Deal?

Which would you rather have?

• Tannehill w/ Cap-Friendly Deal

Votes: 156 89.7%
  • Wilson w/ Cap-Busting Deal

Votes: 18 10.3%

• Total voters

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If you had the following options, what would you do?

Tannehill with a cap-friendly deal which makes it easier to put pieces around him or Wilson with a huge contract that makes it prohibitive to put pieces around him. Which do you think would give the team the best shot to win a Super Bowl?

I might be crazy but I don't think Wilson is much better than Tannehill myself. Especially considering the year over year growth if Tannehill. I think with Tannehill's upside, he is the choice.

I would take tannehill if both guys were getting the exact same contract....

I don't get the Wilson hype, I think he is a good QB but everyone else seems to think he is elite. Im probably wrong.

But hell no I wouldn't bust the cap for him

Again: Wilson vs Tannehill????
:bobdole:

TBH I don't a cap busting deal for any player. We have been there and done that (Shula's last year) and suffered for it for 4 years.

Tannehill is the better QB.

But Wilson has intangibles.

But Wilson has won a Super Bowl and been there twice.

But he had a better team around him with a dominant defense and great running game.

Tannehill has no more excuses. Yes he does. No he doesn't.

/end thread

Tannehill cap numbers are pretty close to 20 Million for the last 4 years of contract. I'm not sure you can call that a cap friendly deal. It is in first 2 years but after that not so much. When you are paying the rookie contract that is cap friendly. The difference between Tannehill's contract and what Wilson will get might amount to one player. When you are paying the rookie contract it is worth several players. Poll might be realistic if Wilson had signed before Tannehill.

I'll take Ryan and the cap friendly contract; that way we can afford to put pieces around him.

I don't know, does God speak directly to Ryan when he throws an interception?

the big difference is wilson is gonna want ALOT guaranteed. we can sever ties with tannehill if he flops after a couple of seasons. as much as i really wanted us to draft russell wilson, my feelings havent been hurt one bit by watching tannehills progression.

tannehills contract isnt as much cap friendly as it is team friendly. if he is our stud and stays with us the duration of the contract then hes gonna cost us a very pretty penny. wilson just wants to guarantee that well even if he sucks cause the team cant afford to pay other players anymore than he still gets paid.

imagine this...tannehill continues to improve with the weapons we put around him, then boom we have to let cameron go because we cant resign our seem TE, stills, landry and parker our currently 3rd, 2nd, rookie wr, meaning depending on their production.....3 years in a row we are gonna have to determine what to do financially to retain them. if tanne becomes a stud then all 3 cant be resigned, not to mention who knows how our draft picks will stand up to replace them. if live up to potential i see stills being retainable, with parker possibly being the highest paid and us maybe having to let landry walk. we lose talent around him and tanne regresses then we can opt out, find a cheaper qb option and maybe somehow retain some form of talent with the 18-19 mil a year we save from releasing tanne. if tanne shows he can still play with a decent contract stills, a high contract parker, and a rookie or second year wr to replace landry, then we are still good to go financially. i love our team this year and our possible potential super powered offense, BUT we can afford it for 2 years then back to drawing board. if we go back to drawing board and have to replace 2-3 key pieces and tanne regresses then maybe we can look to draft for qb, release tanne and bring in more pieces.

russell wilson wanting full guaranteed for length of contract. the seahawks gm does a great job, but you cant be perfect all the time. i do not see wilson making any wr looking great. 2 years lynch is prob retired. they spend it on a stud wr in free agency. well the running game is over and the defense has taken a step down because the problem is, all their cheap drafted players are great and like i said your not gonna hit on pics every year. wilson has 25 mil guaranteed for 5 more years, so you have to stick with him, your paying him regardless, maybe a sucker will take him off your team if they think that they have everything but a qb.

the difference is, in 2-3 years from now, when we have a qb that is making around 20 million a year with nothing guaranteed, and they have a qb makign around 25 mil a year guaranteed for a few more years, which will be more benefical to a team, a guy like tanne that you could save some money on, extend a couple more years with a lil more guaranteed allowing you to resign vets or fa's or a guy who has nothing to lose by giving the team a middle finger

Back
Top Bottom