What Would've Made You Feel Better? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would've Made You Feel Better?

What would've made you feel better?

• The hiring of a GM who would've fired Joe Philbin and start over?

Votes: 53 63.9%
  • The hiring of a GM whose job is to complement Philbin's efforts to be successful?

Votes: 30 36.1%

• Total voters
If the team bombs this year I have a feeling both will get the axe. Ross wants to win. He likes Philbin, a lot, but if we win four games next season and are out of the playoff hunt by late October because we're 1-6. I am certain heads will roll.

Really? The more I think about this the more I think Philbin stays at least another 2 years. Ross sounded far too committed to Philbin for my liking. Not that he's going to pan him or anything, I just don't think he'll pull the trigger until it's dire.

Really? The more I think about this the more I think Philbin stays at least another 2 years. Ross sounded far too committed to Philbin for my liking. Not that he's going to pan him or anything, I just don't think he'll pull the trigger until it's dire.

You think so? Well yeah a dire season next year or regression will get him fired almost certainly barring Tannehill going out the first week of the season or something ridiculous like that. I can even see a 8-8 season with us fading horribly down the stretch like we did this season costing him his job. Ross wants people in the seats, 8-8's aren't going to put people in the seats in Miami, especially in that stadium.

You think so? Well yeah a dire season next year or regression will get him fired almost certainly barring Tannehill going out the first week of the season or something ridiculous like that. I can even see a 8-8 season with us fading horribly down the stretch like we did this season costing him his job. Ross wants people in the seats, 8-8's aren't going to put people in the seats in Miami, especially in that stadium.

He's had two chances at starting over from scratch and doesn't do it and you think next year will be it?

I seriously doubt he will fire Philbin next year barring a 5-11 or worse year. People in the seats, revenue....if he really cared so much he'd of fired Ireland last year. He did not. He doesn't play the game, so to speak, for the fervor of the fans or what they want. He does it for whatever he feels like doing it for because, as he said, "I'm the owner."

8-8 or even 7-9 and Philbin gets another year. Blame it on the new OC, or the new GM or maybe a missed kick here or there but anything that even comes close to the playoffs and he's here....again.

At best you'd see him maybe shrink his powers somewhat, like he wanted to do to Ireland. Maybe something like taking away the power to hire coaches etc. At that point, its up to Philbin to stay as a lame duck (like Sparano) or go (like Ireland did). Outright firing him, no way.

Back
Top Bottom