What Would've Made You Feel Better? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Would've Made You Feel Better?

What would've made you feel better?

• The hiring of a GM who would've fired Joe Philbin and start over?

Votes: 53 63.9%
  • The hiring of a GM whose job is to complement Philbin's efforts to be successful?

Votes: 30 36.1%

• Total voters
Who needs the GM and the HC to be on the same page? Why risk not having the best bench in the NFL? Well, fingers crossed. It depends on which 1st rounder we can sit next to Jordan.

I like that he is accurate from 20 yards on in.

Actually he is accurate on passes thrown 10 yards or less. When he goes to 11-20 yards the accuracy drops greatly and hasn't improved much from last year at that distance.
It seems like he is better but stats don't show it. So he has 2 areas of the field he needs to work on.

I'm not a Philbin hater. But I dislike the fact the the new GM lacks the power to what he sees fit for the franchise. Let's hope Joe and Co can make it work in 2014.

Blowing up the front office, having a traditional front office power structure instead of the aberration we have right now.

I chose B. Give Philbin and Co. another year and let's see what happens. If the new GM was going to bring in a coach this site didn't like, FH would explode.

"It doesn't take a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing" - Robert Zimmerman (Dylan)

As soon as Ross went overboard in praising Philbin during Martin's staged charade, and ominously omitting to even mention Ireland, I was reasonably certain that Philbin was staying. It's alleged that Philbin was Ross's preference, not Ireland's so ego might have played into his support. Given that he was staying, if the guy that paid $1.1billion for the team, and well over $100MM per anum on salaries, administrative costs, etc, committed to Philbin, it really makes option#1 moot cuz it wasn't gonna happen. Given that, I wanted someone who could work collaboratively with Philbin and was an up and comer. While I'm pleased there's now a chemistry, Hickey was my least preferred option out of all of em and considering one was Dawson, that's saying a lot!

200 additional yards would've made his YPA 6.99, which would've put him just a shade below average in the league (49th percentile).

Which would have been a significant improvement in his YPA. Thank you.

I would have preferred the whole "start over" option. It just seems odd to me the whole premise of hiring a GM and then not having him pick his head coach to run the roster he wants to assemble. Obviously I have no idea if Philbin and Hickey even have chemistry, and if they do, fantastic. But conventional wisdom is that you hire the GM who hires the coach and then they're tied at the hip because the coach is "his guy."

I actually wanted a clean slate. Simply fire everyone after the season.

I have a feeling now with the hire of Hickey, we're going to have a few more years of Philbin. He's awful.

Actually he is accurate on passes thrown 10 yards or less. When he goes to 11-20 yards the accuracy drops greatly and hasn't improved much from last year at that distance.
It seems like he is better but stats don't show it. So he has 2 areas of the field he needs to work on.
For anyone who desperately wants him to be better (and that includes probably just about all of us here, including myself), he's probably going to "seem" better, if they're allowing only their subjective perceptions to inform them.

I actually wanted a clean slate. Simply fire everyone after the season.

I have a feeling now with the hire of Hickey, we're going to have a few more years of Philbin. He's awful.

If the team bombs this year I have a feeling both will get the axe. Ross wants to win. He likes Philbin, a lot, but if we win four games next season and are out of the playoff hunt by late October because we're 1-6. I am certain heads will roll.

Back
Top Bottom