Whatever happened to..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whatever happened to.....

Lamar Smith is a good power runner. I consider 209 yards on 40 carries in a big playoff game outstanding. One year wonder is ridiculous. How can you forget how to run through a hole. I'm sorry but running through a hole that isn't there is difficult to do. Lamar does not have the ability to make 5 guys miss. Therefore, if Miami continues to have a @#$%&* O line then get rid of Lamar but if they bring in some studs that can block he is a good asset for the Fins.

Travis Minor is not the answer to our prayers. Ricky would certainly help but he could not have done any better this year. THe only back that could have done good would have been Barry Sanders.

My point is that Lamar did not trip over his own feet. People busted through our line like it was nothing. Lets not ridicule a player for something that he was not responsible for.

i agree whole heartedly that with out the studs up front NO ONE is gonna make this running game work and it just wasnt there last year.Ricky is too expensive draft pick wise and although i would like to see taylor here for a third and HEALTHY, I just dont think we will get him I say trade a couple late rounders try to get a second or another third rounder...pick rt first then try to find a running back in the third after that its a crap shoot ...perhaps guard or line backer Im praying to the almighty god of injuries that a couple of our guys can come back (dixon smith)

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Lamar Smith is a good power runner. I consider 209 yards on 40 carries in a big playoff game outstanding. One year wonder is ridiculous. How can you forget how to run through a hole. I'm sorry but running through a hole that isn't there is difficult to do. Lamar does not have the ability to make 5 guys miss. Therefore, if Miami continues to have a @#$%&* O line then get rid of Lamar but if they bring in some studs that can block he is a good asset for the Fins.

Travis Minor is not the answer to our prayers. Ricky would certainly help but he could not have done any better this year. THe only back that could have done good would have been Barry Sanders.

My point is that Lamar did not trip over his own feet. People busted through our line like it was nothing. Lets not ridicule a player for something that he was not responsible for.

That happened over a year ago. He hasn't been hitting the holes like he did in 2000, Ricky knows how to run through an offensive line.

Lamar is 30 turning 31, we need a young, productive, starting runningback.

http://www.nfl.com/players/1160.htm

the holes were very..........

That happened over a year ago. He hasn't been hitting the holes like he did in 2000, Ricky knows how to run through an offensive line.
few and far between. it was like running into a brick wall, only the wall was moving in your direction!

:(

Re: the holes were very..........

Originally posted by dolfan06
few and far between. it was like running into a brick wall, only the wall was moving in your direction!

:(

Lamar wasn't moving up the middle like a power runner should. He was dancing and trying to be Barry Sanders, and then was taken down behind the line for a loss.

I am not trying to argue the fact that our O line needs help, but we also need a new young stud RB like Ricky WIlliams or William Green.

because their was no hole..............

to run through!

Lamar wasn't moving up the middle like a power runner should. He was dancing and trying to be Barry Sanders, and then was taken down behind the line for a loss.

i'll give you that, if lamar were faster he could have hit the holes that were there, briefly. the o-line wasn't good enough to hold them for more than a second and lamar had to look for someplace to run!

:p

you are both right. Lamar tries to be patient runner to wait for the blocks to develop, but typically they did not develop in 2001-2. However, after the 1st Jet's game, Lamar looked liked he was so afraid of fumbling that he avoided contact much too much for a big back. We need to replace Lamar or re-sign him cheap as a backup/part-time player.

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
Fred Taylor when healthy is the best option! If he can regain that form from the playoff game against the Phins a couple years ago, he will be a steal for a 3rd rounder! Yes the 62-7 rout!!:cry:

"When healthy" is the key to that statement, and thats what worries me. Im of the thinking that he's just to big of a chance to pay for. Personally, I would love to see Foster and Minor in the same backfield.

BB :)

do you really think...............

, I would love to see Foster and Minor in the same backfield.

BB
foster would still be around for the 25th pick! UCLA just fell apart when he was out of the game, he was a big part of their offense!:rolleyes:

Foster

Will probably drop into round 2. If we do not take a RB that means Duckett and or Foster will both slip. Looking that the teams drafting behind us, they are not going to take a RB. Green will go first. Duckett or Foster will be second and then the other drops into round 2.

unless fletcher set a precedent!

foster should be signed for a lot less than RW. i would rather go that route and keep lamar, if foster drops to the second round!;)

Back
Top Bottom