What's A "Warning Point"??.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's A "Warning Point"??....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I'm confused by the terminology of this word, and I'd like to know where it originated, and by who it was introduced to the Finheaven web site....

My reasoning is simple, and I'll explain, first though I'd like to post the true definition of the word "Warning".

warn·ing ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wôrnng)
n.
An intimation, threat, or sign of impending danger or evil.

Advice to beware.
Counsel to desist from a specified undesirable course of action.
A cautionary or deterrent example.
Something, such as a signal, that warns.

adj.
Acting or serving to warn: a warning light; warning words.

Now, not anywhere in that definition does it mention actually handing down punishment during the act of warning. Giving someone "points" is basically doing just that, so the "warning" part actually means nothing when all is said and done....

My beef with iFINS is history, and I'll get over it, no biggie, but my beef with this "warning point" policy you guys use still bothers me quite a bit. Maybe you should re-name it to something more fitting, like say, "violation points". You know, something that reflects the actual actions being taken in this process you use....

When you put the word "warning" into the mix, and yet still proceed to punish in the process, makes no sense to me at all. A warning is a warning, and punishment is punishment. You can't have it both ways....

Just a "suggestion".

PHINZ RULE!!!!

cnc66 said:
you are the only one having any problems with this.

How do you know I'm the ONLY ONE???....

Maybe there are many others who feel the same way I do, but are too afraid to speak out about it. You basically know squat, that's what you know....

It's my beef, so it doesn't involve you personally. On top of that it's just a suggestion I'm making, nothing more. Maybe if they change it to what it actually is, people wont get confused when they're being punished / warned at the same time.....

Thanks for sharing though....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

It's pretty simple really...The "impending danger" is, you being banned. The points are a "warning" that you're getting closer to the impending danger.

No punishment was given to you.

FiN.in.RI said:
Waaaaaa freaking waaaaaaaaa

:cry:

You "Premium Members" sure know how to bring it. I'm absolutely crushed....

You sound like another iFINS groupie, and one who wants a back stage pass something bad. Hey iFINS, don't forget to shave before you kiss her goodnight.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Need a tissue, Sally?

teen_girl_crying_lg_nwm-1.gif

How about someone justs locks this thread, then we dont have to her his whinning anymore.

poisonphin said:
How about someone justs locks this thread, then we dont have to her his whinning anymore.

This place sure doesn't seem to be short of any ********{no names}these days...

Everywhere I look, more and more are starting to come out of the woodwork. It's like an ********{no names} virus has hit Finheaven, and it's spreading like a wildfire. Man, whatever happened to someone just having an opinion? One without prejudice or ridicule?? It seems like whatevet one person posts, is another posters personal nightmare....

You guys need to lighten up. Afterall, how could any of you know what I'm feeling personally? Yeah, so I feel disrespected, and yes I feel like a cry baby writing all of my recent complaints to the Admin, but maybe that just my way of dealing with it. It's not your problem.....

You guys{no names} can call me whatever you want if it makes you feel somehow superior, but in the end, what have you really done other than make a new enemy???....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
This place sure doesn't seem to be short of any ********{no names}these days...

Everywhere I look, more and more are starting to come out of the woodwork. It's like an ********{no names} virus has hit Finheaven, and it's spreading like a wildfire. Man, whatever happened to someone just having an opinion? One without prejudice or ridicule?? It seems like whatevet one person posts, is another posters personal nightmare....

You guys need to lighten up. Afterall, how could any of you know what I'm feeling personally? Yeah, so I feel disrespected, and yes I feel like a cry baby writing all of my recent complaints to the Admin, but maybe that just my way of dealing with it. It's not your problem.....

You guys{no names} can call me whatever you want if it makes you feel somehow superior, but in the end, what have you really done other than make a new enemy???....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Sensitive fella, huh?

Look, the site has rules, you are a constituent of the site, you violated the rules, they imposed the punishment, which really isn't a punishment at all. If you keep straight, there's no problem. You're no worse in anyone's eyes because you have a point. Actually, no one would know if you hadn't announced it to the world since we can't see who has what.

Back
Top Bottom