What's holding Buffalo back from the Super Bowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's holding Buffalo back from the Super Bowl?

RCWell04

Practice Squad
Reaction score
A Jills fan in Fantasy league had some pretty disparaging things to say about the Finz. Im looking to rip him a new "*&(*^$"!!!! Any great points would be much appreciated.

RCWell04 said:
A Jills fan in Fantasy league had some pretty disparaging things to say about the Finz. Im looking to rip him a new "*&(*^$"!!!! Any great points would be much appreciated.

QB, OL, and about 7 or 8 losses this year.

Isn't Mike Williams a beast? What's up with Losman? Did he put up good numbers in college?

Clumpy said:
Certainly not the Doll-Felons
ha-ha, no really there are a lot of factors that won't allow the jills to make it namely the Pats, Colts, Ravens, and the Steelers. Let alone their o-line and QB situation.

RCWell04 said:
well last year they just started out slow and played well in the end until that Bledsoe collapse.

Now with a complete rookie QB, they took a small step backwards, but in the long run this will be good for them.

I expect them to do worse this year over last simply because of the growing pains Losman will have to deal with. Assuming Losman picks up the offense and grows into the system, i think he can do well in the coming years.

Right now they have nothing on us... their inexperience at the QB position measures up with our lack of talent... their running game is good, but we have Ricky and Ronnie. Their OL is marginal, so is ours. Their D might slightly have ours since we pretty much cleaned it out.... and their special teams is better than ours.

i see them winning 6-8 games this year, similar to us.

well. they have a rookie QB, a huge hole at LT. (combined with the rookie QB, could be a big problem) and a RB who hasa surgically repaired knee. but other thatn that, they're OK :D

but their defense is very good and will keep them in most games. all depends on the QB. :D

Buffalo? I dont see them being any better than us this year. They're handing the job to Losman, who shouldnt have been picked anywhere near Big Ben. That said, I don't think J.P. is gunna take the Bills to the playoffs his 1st season as starter. Right now i'd take AJ OR Gus over any of Buffalo's QBs if I wanted to win THIS year.

BTW: Ricky eats TakeO's for breakfast.

RCWell04 said:
Isn't Mike Williams a beast? What's up with Losman? Did he put up good numbers in college?[/QUOTE

Williams has never lived up to his draft status. He is not an elite LT, in fact, up until last season he was starting to look like a bust. I would say right now he's just OK.

texasPHINSfan said:
well last year they just started out slow and played well in the end until that Bledsoe collapse.

Now with a complete rookie QB, they took a small step backwards, but in the long run this will be good for them.

I expect them to do worse this year over last simply because of the growing pains Losman will have to deal with. Assuming Losman picks up the offense and grows into the system, i think he can do well in the coming years.

Right now they have nothing on us... their inexperience at the QB position measures up with our lack of talent... their running game is good, but we have Ricky and Ronnie. Their OL is marginal, so is ours. Their D might slightly have ours since we pretty much cleaned it out.... and their special teams is better than ours.

i see them winning 6-8 games this year, similar to us.

I see it mostly the same. The difference being their QB is roughly the same with more upside. JP at worst will be similar to ours but he COULD be pretty good. Also I see them being in the 2nd year of a new regime while we will be in our first. That combined with what you stated about the D leads me to believe they will win somewhere between 7-9 games. While we on the other hand with a new HC, OC, DC, QB, and without Surtain, will win between 6-8 games. If JP turns out to be a total bust, and everything falls perfect for us we could do as good as them this year, but otherwise they will probably finish a game ahead of us.
However I can really see Saban turning this thing around next year. And I see us being serious SB contenders in 07. I really feel if we can keep the coaching staff in tack for a few years we have tremendous upside, while the jills may not go as far as we have the potential to go as the Fins.....IMO

First of all they are in the toughest division in football..yes that includes us.
It will be no walk in the park for them to even make the playoffs.
?? @ QB
?? @ OL
And besides all that the Super Bowl is a mental thing with the Bills and thier fans..I have heard it from many a Bills fans that they would not want to go and lose another one and put them down 5 in the big game and get reamed for it..cant say I can blame them..this isn't a stab at the lurkers on here it's the truth.

jlfin said:
RCWell04 said:
Isn't Mike Williams a beast? What's up with Losman? Did he put up good numbers in college?[/QUOTE

Williams has never lived up to his draft status. He is not an elite LT, in fact, up until last season he was starting to look like a bust. I would say right now he's just OK.

Of course he's not an elite LT.....he plays the RT position :shakeno:
As for him being a bust, until last year it was looking that way but midway through the season he was dominate @ that position.

AirChambers84 said:
Buffalo? I dont see them being any better than us this year. They're handing the job to Losman, who shouldnt have been picked anywhere near Big Ben. That said, I don't think J.P. is gunna take the Bills to the playoffs his 1st season as starter. Right now i'd take AJ OR Gus over any of Buffalo's QBs if I wanted to win THIS year.

BTW: Ricky eats TakeO's for breakfast.

God....I dont know where to start with this.....

- They handed the job to Losman.....well.....he was a 1st round pick just how long did you expect to keep him on the bench?

- He WASNT drafted anywhere close to Ben R.....he was drafted at the END of the 1st round....remember?

- You would take AJ or Gus over any bills QB? What in the world would make you do that other then the fact you are a fins fan?

- Ricky eats TAKEO's for breakfast? Not this year.....behind that offensive line.......

Wow I love hearing dolphin fans say they think the bills are no better than the fins. What a load of homer bullsh*t. THE FINS WERE 4-12 LAST YEAR!! From the look of things they will probably be 4-12 again this year. Do everybody a favor and save the "bills have nothing on us" vomit and look at things without those damn teal glasses on.

Back
Top Bottom