What's holding Buffalo back from the Super Bowl? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's holding Buffalo back from the Super Bowl?

When all else fails, make fun of the Bills. :). Dont worry fin Fans, Saban has a magic wand, atleast I thought he did reading this board.

After watching the Bills-Packers game, I'm much more confident that the Bills will at least equal last year's 9-7 and likely do better. They were impressive last night. Very business-like. Unruffled. No give aways, I believe, and 1 take away. It seems to me that the Bills second and third stringers are definitely superior to Indy and Green Bay's which means that the Bills have considerable depth, which is always a key ingredient in any playoff run. I think that if Pitt can get to the AFC Championship with a rookie QB, the Bills could go just as far with a raw sophomore. Brady was a second-year QB with virtually no experience when the Patsies won their first SB, BTW, so it can be done.

I also listened to the Steelers-Fishies game on the radio after the Bills game. After last night's performance, I'm going to say that the Fishies will be lucky to win as many games as last year. Listening to them reminded me of listening to the Bills preseason games in the pre-Bill Polian era: fumbles, dropped passes, no running game, penalties, etc, etc. What is even worse was this was their third preseason game! I can almost feel bad for the FishFans who had high hopes for Nick Saban as the team's savior because I think he's going to have a long learning curve.

edsta74 said:
and a RB who hasa surgically repaired knee.
We need to get some stuff straight here. When Red Grange got hurt and tore up his knee it was a disaster. Now ACL tears are not as devestating. Thurman Thomas tore his knee in college and did fine for Buffalo. I would say that Jamal Lewis is doing a pretty good job both in Baltimore and the Maryland Correctional Facility. Edge looks pretty good. There is the occassional Terell Davis and Jamal Anderson, but those guys were never close to being the same. Having a good year after the ACL tear seems to be a pretty good sign that you're healed up. If anything the 2nd year after your ACL surgery is usually better.

Buffalo's not going to the Super Bowl this year. Probably not next year either. This year 7-9 to 9-7 is what I'm thinking. That's pretty realilistic IMHO.

HOUSTON TEXANS- Win
at Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Win (TB is not the team it was a few years ago, they will really struggle in the improving NFC South)
ATLANTA FALCONS- Loss
at New Orleans Saints- Win
MIAMI DOLPHINS- Win (Miami usually doesn't play well in Buffalo, too bad this isn't in Dec. though)
NEW YORK JETS- Win (I always feel like we'll split with NY)
at Oakland Raiders- Loss, they'll sneak up on us, or the refs will give them the game again
at New England Patriots- Loss
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS- Win- Their defense will still be C-/D+
at San Diego Chargers
CAROLINA PANTHERS- Loss
at Miami Dolphins- Win
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS-Loss
DENVER BRONCOS- Win
at Cincinnati Bengals- Win???? (iffy on this one)
at New York Jets- Loss

9-7- still around 2nd or 3rd for AFCE

Losman will have growing pains, we will suffer w/o a good LT, Lee Evans might have the usual sophomore slump (especially with Losman's growing pains), yada yada yada. Defense and Special Teams will remain the two strongest units on the team.

Kinzua said:
After watching the Bills-Packers game, I'm much more confident that the Bills will at least equal last year's 9-7 and likely do better. They were impressive last night. Very business-like. Unruffled. No give aways, I believe, and 1 take away. It seems to me that the Bills second and third stringers are definitely superior to Indy and Green Bay's which means that the Bills have considerable depth, which is always a key ingredient in any playoff run. I think that if Pitt can get to the AFC Championship with a rookie QB, the Bills could go just as far with a raw sophomore. Brady was a second-year QB with virtually no experience when the Patsies won their first SB, BTW, so it can be done.

I also listened to the Steelers-Fishies game on the radio after the Bills game. After last night's performance, I'm going to say that the Fishies will be lucky to win as many games as last year. Listening to them reminded me of listening to the Bills preseason games in the pre-Bill Polian era: fumbles, dropped passes, no running game, penalties, etc, etc. What is even worse was this was their third preseason game! I can almost feel bad for the FishFans who had high hopes for Nick Saban as the team's savior because I think he's going to have a long learning curve.

Well I've already posted this but I'll share this specifically to you.

I loved how J.P took that stroll in the endzone I thought that was funny which would have been a safety had the Bills not had a break, and had the holding from the packers, don't get too ahead of yourself there. Your team has one hell of a special teams, huge returns in the game, and McGahee is a great back. Aaron Rodgers sucked, though, Favre marched right down the field and scored a td, Green ran through too. Favre played for a very brief time though. J.P made some nice throws, little passes here and there, but this is the packers D, and the never blitzed, of course teams don't blitz much in preseason but Chicago, Jax, and even Pittsburgh, at times blitzed, and there's quite a difference between Pittsburgh's D, Jax D, and Ind and G.B's D. The O-line did a great job on one play where Losman had like 10 seconds to throw the ball, he got jittery and at the last moment throw the ball away, since the SP did such a great job, Losman played from the Packers 30 0r 20 most of the times, short drives, and some that should be gimmes but end up being a field goal, or taking a half hour moving 20 yards for a score, so calm yourself down there. Lindell has one hell of a leg, making a 54 yard field goal, and just missing the last one later.

Here's another one that I posted, in response to a quote.

yeah, Losman can run really fast, but his pocket presence is obviously going to take time that probably has to do with being a rookie. He hardly had any pressure though, not much at all. The line did a great job, but once a little pressure came he got jittery, and if nowhere to run he would run backwards or in a circle. I'm just saying that J.P is going to struggle just as much as Frerotte. So it's just annoying to see the hypocrisy though. Yeah, Frerotte hasn't hasn't done much lately, but your qb, hasn't had hardly any pressure. Ind D, GB D, he did decent, but he is definitly going to struggle, when pressure is on him, and he actually plays a good D, like Pittsburgh. J.P isn't doing as great as some of you think he is, but he isn't doing too bad either, this bashing of Miami qb sucking is annoying, because it seems like denial from Buffalo fans like their qb isn't going to struggle, he's going to struggle just as much this year as Frerotte, so cut the ****. If any fan has the right to trash our team becuase of the qb situation, are Patriots fans, maybe Jets fans, depending on their qbs health, but not Bills fans, unless you want to be hypocrites. Losman might be a good qb down the road, but that will be down the road.

cltchperf said:
I'm just saying that J.P is going to struggle just as much as Frerotte. So it's just annoying to see the hypocrisy though. Yeah, Frerotte hasn't hasn't done much lately, but your qb, hasn't had hardly any pressure. Ind D, GB D, he did decent, but he is definitly going to struggle, when pressure is on him, and he actually plays a good D, like Pittsburgh. J.P isn't doing as great as some of you think he is, but he isn't doing too bad either, this bashing of Miami qb sucking is annoying, because it seems like denial from Buffalo fans like their qb isn't going to struggle, he's going to struggle just as much this year as Frerotte, so cut the ****.
I agree with you. JP is a project, but seems to have potential as you point out. I'm a pretty patient fan, so I'd rather go 6-10 with JP than 10-6 with Bledsoe or Gus, because JP has potential and will most likely only get better.

Vessel17 said:
I agree with you. JP is a project, but seems to have potential as you point out. I'm a pretty patient fan, so I'd rather go 6-10 with JP than 10-6 with Bledsoe or Gus, because JP has potential and will most likely only get better.

That's my point, I don't have a problem with you or the other guys that are realistic, but it's the fans that become hypocrites, that gets annoying. Don't forget, I don't think Frerotte or Feeley will be here next season, so we will get a rookie qb, or hopefully Brees next season which we will be good, or least have a qb with much more upside than what Miami has now. Yeah, getting rid of Bledsoe was a wise decision.

Nublar7 said:
History is against the Bills. :lol:

History is against Ronnie Brown. Too bad the Dolphins are cursed when it comes to RB's.

Back
Top Bottom