What's up with McMichael? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's up with McMichael?

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
Whether it be we are not giving him the ball or whether he isn't getting open..his stats so far sucl. 4 catches, 37 yards and a TD. He needs to get going...what do you guys think is the contributing factor to his LOW stats.

Ricky and Chris have been getting all of the balls. His production will pick up as the year goes on.

I think his chances are being zero-sum offset by Ricky's increased catches because of how Norv's compensating for weaknesses on the O-line. He's often found chip-blocking or more.

The opportunities a D gives us... -- the points of attack -- that might have typically been exploited with a pass to Randy early last year... are now targetted by Ricky. But we don't need to see Ricky getting those touches as a bad thing, do we?

Originally posted by StartingTailbak
I think he's doing fine so far.

Yeah 4 catches, for 37 yards, and a TD is stellar :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Prime Time

Yeah 4 catches, for 37 yards, and a TD is stellar :rolleyes:

for a tight end, compared to the league average for the position, he IS doing well. But his stats should get better, because he is more talented than the average NFL TE...The offense seems to be carrying over from the second half of last year, where McMichael is largely ignored, however.

McMichael has been fine. McMichael should have been replaced with Derrius Thompson.

McMichael is a TE, he isn't going to put up 80 yards a game.

So he should at least put 40 yards a game. Not 18 yards.

Yes his stats are a little low. It is for God sake the second game of the season. top 10- top4 TE's make 30 yards a game. He is 23 yards off. Woopedy-doo. I care more about his TD's I am glad he has one so far. He can make that yardage up in one friggin throw man. Chill out.

There's only two TE's in the league who will do that consistently...
Gonzalez & Crumpler.

Gonzales and Crumpler???

How bout Gonzales and Heap. Shockey is a wild one yes and can have troublesome games and big ones. I would argue though that least season Mr. Consistent was Heap.

Forty Yards Per GAME? Here are McMichaels starts along with someother "top" Tight Ends in the game... Notice NONE of them are ANYWHERE NEAR 40 yds per game... Also notice that Randy is pulling his weight just fine compared to other comparable "top" tight ends...

Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 40+
Jeremy Shockey: Rec:5 Yds:44 Avg:8.8 Long:15 TD:1
Randy McMichael: Rec:4 Yds:37 Avg:9.3 Long:16 TD:1
Todd Heap: REC:7 Yds:62 Avg:8.9 Long:12 TD:0
Tony Gonzalez: Rec:4 Yds:26 Avg:6.5 Long:9 TD:0

It's week 2 and he has 1 bad game. Stop your whining..

How much money yall wonna bet that if McMichael has a big game tomorrow night, PT says:
"What did I tell you guys about McMichael?"

Originally posted by 13isgr81

Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 40+
Jeremy Shockey: Rec:5 Yds:44 Avg:8.8 Long:15 TD:1
Randy McMichael: Rec:4 Yds:37 Avg:9.3 Long:16 TD:1
Todd Heap: REC:7 Yds:62 Avg:8.9 Long:12 TD:0
Tony Gonzalez: Rec:4 Yds:26 Avg:6.5 Long:9 TD:0

Those stats should end this pointless thread. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom