Whats with you people and Bua ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats with you people and Bua ?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
Most of you make it out to be like if he would kill someone if he he tackles them literally. I read a lot of how Bua is a great tackler but you guys are
killing me with how bua would pile bodies on the field if they unleash such
football specimen. Is Bua Superman?

Is it so hard to believe after some of last year's defensive performances (Eagles) that we'd be happy to see a guy who might be able to put a little fear into the opposing offense? :rolleyes:

I mean I haven't seen the guy play, specially since he played for a small school. I say he will make his mark in special teams and has the size of a strong safety.

Actual Tony Bua picture
clear.gif

Are you trying to say that whether you have seen a guy or not determines who can be excited about him? I'm not trying to attack -- I just don't really understand where you're coming from here. It would seem to me that if you haven't seen him, you might want to trust the judgment of your fellow posters who have seen him play. I know that is what I'm basing my excitement upon because I haven't seen him play myself.

BTW, Arkansas is a member of the SEC. They're not exactly a small school, even if they're not really known for having top-25 football teams. It's the same school Andrews came out of, and he was a first rounder. That hardly makes it McNeese State or Alcorn State in my book.

Like Jimmy said, just to think that the guy can hit and TACKLE is reason to like the guy. In the end tho, he should play on ST's this year unless someone gets hurt. He might be a starter someday but since is the off-season, why not be happy with the new guys till they prove otherwise?

Ozzy rules!!

Most people are somewhat excited because we have watched special teams get stripped of the good players from it the past 3 years. With the signings of Morris/Akins and bringing in Bua could make this a hard hitting scary special teams unit like it was during Izzo's heyday. Been a while since we just went "owwwww" on a special teams hit.

juniorseau55 said:
I mean I haven't seen the guy play, specially since he played for a small school. I say he will make his mark in special teams and has the size of a strong safety.

Arkansas is a small school I don't think it is Arkansas is a big SEC school. Yes he has the size of a strong Safety but in our D can and will be a linebacker and he has all of the instincts a linebacker should have and he hits as hard as anyone you can think of.

They should get Zach on ST.

The hit he made on the opening kick-off of the pro bowl was awesome.

juniorseau55 said:
Most of you make it out to be like if he would kill someone if he he tackles them literally. I read a lot of how Bua is a great tackler but you guys are
killing me with how bua would pile bodies on the field if they unleash such
football specimen. Is Bua Superman?

Ah this IS May and ANYONE who loves football will tend to hyperbole their team / roster / draft picks !!!!!

:rolleyes2

Marino1983

Whats with you people and Bua ?
How many people here could tell who the author of this thread was by the title? (InFins, I bet you could)

Junior you have such a talent for being abrasive and alienting in your threads. Keep up the good work :shakeno:

Well considering our defense lacked the basic ability to tackle last year, seems realistic that when we draft someone who is known for tackling, then yeah we want to see what he can do and we are excited.

In all fairness, the guy makes a point. A lot of people who have never seen him hit are claiming he's gonna be piling bodies on the field. I liked the pick, he was a very good player who should have got more attention, but they hype is getting a bit silly. He's not strong enough to play Linebacker right now.

To be < 225 and play linebacker you need to be quick (a lá Ian Gold) which Bua isn't. He's gonna need to be 225ish before we even consider playing him at LB in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom