Whats with you people and Bua ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats with you people and Bua ?

Bua is plenty quick. His quickness is what allowed him to move to safety and still be an All-SEC caliber player. He's got very good lateral movement ability and can change directions very well. Tony can also run very well. His forty time is in the 4.58 area, which is very fast for a linebacker and average speed for a safety.

He draws comparisons to Adam Archuleta, whom Rick wanted Miami to draft as a linebacker in the 2001 draft. I think a better comparison, though I don't like using it due to the circumstances, is to Pat Tillman. Tillman is another player Miami would have moved to linebacker.

i've never seen the guy play and i dont hear too much about the guy...

but zod, you cant post 4 of his highlights and then say he is a playmaker...how about posting the 500 plays he didnt do anything? :)

and you guys are calling him a LB? judging by the pic of the guy in whoever's avatar...he looks really skinny

Well first up he runs closer to 4.65, and if you watch him on the field he plays slower than that. He's not the most athletic of players either. I had to work on a profile for him, and I missed an interview due to illness (http://nfldraft.theinsiders.com/2/247420.html)

That is a speed he runs 15 lbs shy of the size he really NEEDS to be. He ain't gonna get quicker.

Bua is a very good pickup, but a lot of what he does relies upon how well he plays when he bulks up.

Marino1983 said:
Ah this IS May and ANYONE who loves football will tend to hyperbole their team / roster / draft picks !!!!!

:rolleyes2

Marino1983

Its hyperbolize.

Atila said:
but zod, you cant post 4 of his highlights and then say he is a playmaker...how about posting the 500 plays he didnt do anything? :)

It's just something I found and shared. I said he's been a difference maker. The highlights show that I think or are turnovers irrelevant? :tongue:

Atila said:
i've never seen the guy play and i dont hear too much about the guy...

and you guys are calling him a LB? judging by the pic of the guy in whoever's avatar...he looks really skinny

he used to play LB in college and moved to safety. he had to lose weight in the process. we drafted him to eventually go back to LB. gaining the weight back shouldnt be a problem.

Atila said:

Bua made the All-SEC team in 2002 as an OLB and in 2003 as a safety. He's also the all time tackles leader in Arkansas history.

NFL.com said:
Moved into the starting lineup midway through his redshirt freshman season, establishing himself as one of the top big-play artists in the Southeastern Conference.

He did plenty.

This will not turn into a smack thread. You guys are going off topic. And nobody wants to read it. So it has been moved HERE. Do not bait opposing fans into off topic conversations.

First there was Tommy Hendricks, then its tried with Scott Shields, then Corey Jenkins is drafted in '03 and now Tony Bua and Kevin Mitchell. That's five college safeties who will play LB in our system

I'm looking at Bua as an ace special teamer only. I have no illusions about the guy actually playing much LB right now.

Ohiophinphan said:
First there was Tommy Hendricks, then its tried with Scott Shields, then Corey Jenkins is drafted in '03 and now Tony Bua and Kevin Mitchell. That's five college safeties who will play LB in our system

Weight is not a problem. Zach finally "fessed up"....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ay02,0,2434471.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Weighty issues

Although he weighs 232 pounds, Thomas said he will play at closer to 220 for a second consecutive season.

"People always say, `Keep weight on so you'll hold up,'" said Thomas, who is generously listed at 5 feet 11 by the Dolphins. "That's not the truth. I want to feel fast. Teams are looking for mismatches and want to get receivers on you. You've got to be able to run. I'm figuring out what works best for me. I felt great last year."

Back
Top Bottom