Whats with you people and Bua ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whats with you people and Bua ?

I love Bua from a potential standpoint...but as far as value in the 5th-round, P.K. Sam = the NO BRAINER pick. I also would've prefered Jamaar Taylor, even if he has to sit out a bit because of his injury.

Mebeverine said:
In all fairness, the guy makes a point. A lot of people who have never seen him hit are claiming he's gonna be piling bodies on the field. I liked the pick, he was a very good player who should have got more attention, but they hype is getting a bit silly. He's not strong enough to play Linebacker right now.

To be < 225 and play linebacker you need to be quick (a lá Ian Gold) which Bua isn't. He's gonna need to be 225ish before we even consider playing him at LB in the NFL.

Zach played at 220 last year, and is 232 now, trying to get back down..He thinks it helps his speed and durability. so 220 maybe the thing of the future for LB's. I doubt it, but playing in our D you can get away with it.

Big difference between inner and outer linebackers. Zach is protected by Tim Bo and Larry C, who are both 315 +

I'm sorry, but 210 is far too small to play OLB in Miami's system...and if he gets put in there at any point this year (hypothetically) he WILL be taken to pieces.

My college team plays almost the exact same defense as Miami (except in 34 as we have a 6'5 310 lb 18 year old NT), and I'm moving to WSOLB this year, and need to bulk up by about 40 lbs. So to counter this I'm playing WSILB where I can get bigger this year while not be exposed for being VERY undersized right now.

I know it was awhile back but, Jack Lambert played at 215. He had a pretty good career. Attitude!

finsnchips said:
They should get Zach on ST.

The hit he made on the opening kick-off of the pro bowl was awesome.

Ricky williams should play Special Teams. He caused a fumble that Zach recovered in the 2003 ProBowl. LOL

This team needs an enforcer that strikes fear in the hearts of our opponents. This draft, by Spielman, is loaded with tough, hard-nosed Football players. I like the type of guys he drafted starting with Carey, on to Will Poole, Pape, Hadnot and yes Bua. Bua is a guy who will make his bones on Special Teams but could get in there and play some Safety for us this year. Jimmy is right, the Eagle game was an out and out disgrace, and those kind of games can't happen anymore if this team intends to have any post-season success. We have too many rich guys on D that play a little bit soft. Sammy Knight was brought in to be the enforcer and he's a good player but I expected more, same with Jr. Seau. We drafted some hungry guys that will come in and add the toughness this team lacked last year. Believe me, that's a good thing. Look what Rodney Harrison did for New England. Do you think any reciever really wants to go accross the middle with Harrison back there poised to take your head off? The Dolphins need much more of that kind of toughness. Then,we'll knock off good teams on the road when the season is on the line. I'm very excited about Bua and I can't wait to see him playing crazy on Special Teams like Larry Izzo used to do.

Back
Top Bottom