When did Miami become an undesirable location? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When did Miami become an undesirable location?

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
Tait signed a six-year offer sheet with Chicago,
> The contract includes a $14 million signing bonus, which the
> Dolphins were prepared to match, but agent Ethan
> Lock said Tait was more comfortable with Chicago
> than South Florida as a potential home.
>
> I can understand not going to a SuperBowl contender
> and instead going to a bad team because of the money
> situation but when a player like Tait decided to go
> to a crap team instead of a SuperBowl contender
> because he feels that Chicago is a better place to
> live than Florida,well now that is just utterly
> HUH?!!!WHAT?!!NFL players are
> starting to get more retarded by the year, what's
> next a player goes to a crap team rather than a good
> team because the uniform colors of the crap team
> looks prettier? The best players in Free Agency are
> tiring me out, we finally decide to spend money and
> this is what we get, man I guess all those past
> years of being cheap is starting to haunt us now.

Some people have different preferences. A lot of NFL players think that Miami is a desirable place to live and even live here during the offseason. However, not everyone is going to think of South Florida as a good place to live.

The Dolphins have had success attracting some good players in past years (Seau, Knight, Williams, etc.) to Miami. It is a desirable place for many players, but not a desirable place for all players.

I would personally rather live in South Florida than the windy city, but I guess that Tait doesn't feel the same way.

I mentioned in a couple of previous posts where Miami as a destination for free agent football player had lost part of it's allure.

Wanny was let's say a notable difference from todays checklist to the one only several years ago.

That being said , some players / people actually do prefer other locales.... Tait from all indications is a very religious man and seemingly had problems with the South Florida image and ambience. he had family concerns , plus Chigao is a great city , and if you tend to be a mid west type of guy , well you may actually prefer Chicago to South Florida, it does happen.

The good thing is Speilman was not set on one player , he has a plan of attack is acting quickly and decisively and has made 2 very solid additions with more to come. Nothing is perfect , but so far Rick has been bold and has improved the outlook in Miami.

Interest is on the decline, I really don't know why. Could be coaching, maybe uncertainty at the quarterback position. Maybe its the 3 teams Florida has now, more to choose from? Who knows.

The trend is alarming. But we need to wait a bit more to see if there is really something to it. Last year Kreutz decided to stay with his team, that's normal. Detroit wouldn't let Woody go, and Miami wasn't offering as big a signing bonus I believe. As for Tait, he is a Midwestern guy who played in KC. That area is home to him. Now, if a Hurricane shuns big money from us to go to say, Cleveland, then we'll know we're in trouble. I really would like to think Wanny has nothing to do with this.

I grew up in Florida and lived there for about 28 years. I now live out West. I loved it when I was down there, but I would never go back to live there. I prefer the weather, the space, fewer bugs, less traffic etc. Florida has it's plusses and I try to go once a year to visit family and friends and take in a Miami game, but its not where I would choose to live. Most family people I've talked to around the country feel the same way. Florida does have an allure for the young single people.

Has less to do with the Miami area and much more to do with the Miami front office.

We keep restructuring. Let's face it guys, we are a Salary Cap Timebomb. Who wants to play for us when they think that they are going to be cut in 2 years?

Didn't you guys read the article, he and his WIFE drove around Florida and stated they couldn't see themselves living in Florida. Read between the lines, my WIFE doesn't want to live here, there are too many beautiful girls walking around in very little clothing, we're going to chicago where they will have to cover up. It is called the windy city.

LOL:ladysman:

Originally posted by t2thejz
Since wanny started coaching us

Ditto, I never thought the dumb move of keeping Wanny would drag onto this season.....damn fellas, we're in for a loooooong season.:(

Originally posted by Rick 1966
Has less to do with the Miami area and much more to do with the Miami front office.

Wanny is very highly thought of in the NFL and by most most players he has coached. Your letting your personal opinion of him create scenarios that have no facts to support them.

Originally posted by rafael

Wanny is very highly thought of in the NFL and by most most players he has coached. Your letting your personal opinion of him create scenarios that have no facts to support them.

I dont recall Jimmy and Don not getting the player they wanted to often. I would say its because of Wanny and Spielman. They are lame ducks and players know it, if they dont win this year they are probably going to be thrown out on their a##es and players dont like the rebuilding thing if they can avoid it IMO.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Tait signed a six-year offer sheet with Chicago,
> The contract includes a $14 million signing bonus, which the
> Dolphins were prepared to match, but agent Ethan
> Lock said Tait was more comfortable with Chicago
> than South Florida as a potential home.
>
> I can understand not going to a SuperBowl contender
> and instead going to a bad team because of the money
> situation but when a player like Tait decided to go
> to a crap team instead of a SuperBowl contender
> because he feels that Chicago is a better place to
> live than Florida,well now that is just utterly
> HUH?!!!WHAT?!!NFL players are
> starting to get more retarded by the year, what's
> next a player goes to a crap team rather than a good
> team because the uniform colors of the crap team
> looks prettier? The best players in Free Agency are
> tiring me out, we finally decide to spend money and
> this is what we get, man I guess all those past
> years of being cheap is starting to haunt us now.

It's a politically correct way of saying that our FO doesn't know schidt from shinola!! :D

Back
Top Bottom