When did Miami become an undesirable location? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When did Miami become an undesirable location?

I agree that lame duck status will affect the desirability of a location. My point was that Wanny's reputation in the NFL is that he is a good coach and a good player's coach.

Can you guys imagine dave crying for his job or something? Anways, since wanny started coaching in south florida would be a great answer....

Originally posted by rafael
I agree that lame duck status will affect the desirability of a location. My point was that Wanny's reputation in the NFL is that he is a good coach and a good player's coach.

I will agree that he is a good PLAYERS' coach but not a good HC. Whenever he gets a team, it does ok at first and then heads downhill.

It's those damn "no see'ums".

Wanny is very highly thought of in the NFL and by most most players he has coached. Your letting your personal opinion of him create scenarios that have no facts to support them.

No, you're incorrect on both counts. I have no personal feelings of anymosity towards Wanny, I just don't think he's a good coach, and facts bear me out. And I have heard several current and ex-NFL players say the same thing on sports radio interviews.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

No, you're incorrect on both counts. I have no personal feelings of anymosity towards Wanny, I just don't think he's a good coach, and facts bear me out. And I have heard several current and ex-NFL players say the same thing on sports radio interviews.

No, I'm not. I've heard several players say they like him. It was reported that several GMs felt Wanny has done a very good job with this team.

And the fact that you don't think he is a good coach is exactly what I meant by saying you are letting your personal opinion make assumptions that have no backing. You don't think he is good so you assume that anybody who doesn't sign here must agree with you. For example Tait. Both RS and Tait said that he preferred living elsewhere yet you assume it must be b/c he didn't think Wanny was good.

No, I'm not. I've heard several players say they like him. It was reported that several GMs felt Wanny has done a very good job with this team.

And I've heard the opposite from several players and heard reports that several ex and current GMs don't like what he's done with the Fins. How do your reports cancel out mine, exactly? At the very least, we'd have to admit that opinions on him are very mixed in the NFL, which would still make your assertion incorrect that Wanny is "very highly thought of in the NFL" unless you added "by some people, not all and not even most."

And the fact that you don't think he is a good coach is exactly what I meant by saying you are letting your personal opinion make assumptions that have no backing.

No, I think my assumptions have backing. I've heard players say ouright on talk radio that they wouldn't play for Miami because of our soft mindset.

You don't think he is good so you assume that anybody who doesn't sign here must agree with you.

Not everyone. Just the ones that take less or the same money to go to teams with worse records.

For example Tait. Both RS and Tait said that he preferred living elsewhere yet you assume it must be b/c he didn't think Wanny was good.

I didn't assume that, nor did I state it. I don't know for sure why Tait chose Chicago. I do know, however, that Damien Woody is not a Mormon.

I didn't assume that, nor did I state it. I don't know for sure why Tait chose Chicago. I do know, however, that Damien Woody is not a Mormon.

I doubt that we would have matched the Lions offer. I really wanted Woody, but I think James is a good signing.

As for Wanny, the only reason why players like him is the same reason why players dislike Bill Parcells. Just because the players like him doesn't mean he is a good coach.

This is exactly what I mean. You imply that Woody not being a Mormon means that he didn't sign b/c of your theory. You ignore that fact that he signed for more than we were willing to offer.

By the way I also doubt that any player would be dumb enough to say I would never play for miami or Wanny. So lets leave this at you know what you think you know and I'll stick with my facts.

chicago is an amazing city.
lived there for almost 25 years.
i can see why someone would choose it over miami.
maybe his wife looks bad in a bikini?

bty- when did the fins become superbowl contenders?

For you to make that statement would mean you know exactly just what religion (if any) that Woody is.
Or are you assuming that just b/c he is black that he can't be a mormon?
There are black members of the mormon religion. They may be a small pct of the total, but they do exist.

To be fair, Jimmy and Don were able to offer the allure of playing with Dan Marino. People wanted to play on Dan's team.

This is exactly what I mean. You imply that Woody not being a Mormon means that he didn't sign b/c of your theory. You ignore that fact that he signed for more than we were willing to offer.

Not that much more. It was more a question of structure...and there's also the fact that he didn't even keep his appointment to meet with us.

By the way I also doubt that any player would be dumb enough to say I would never play for miami or Wanny. So lets leave this at you know what you think you know and I'll stick with my facts.

No, I will stick with my facts and I don't give a damn what you doubt. I HEARD them say it. Two that pop to mind right off the top of my head were Warren Sapp and Keyshawn Johnson, interviewed by local sports radio guys at different times here in the Tampa area. There have been others.

I agree w/ Muck. In Dan's day just about everyone wanted to be a part of the Phins....on either side of the ball. Tons of MNF games, great coverage and a SB contender at any time.

Now, we are just another team...better then most, but not at the next level...YET!

Still, having said all that, thongs, great weather and no state taxes usually win the day...at least for me anyway....:D

Back
Top Bottom