When do we get a running game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do we get a running game?

Coach McDaniel has built his NFL coaching career around establishing strength in the running game. Trust in our coach and what he and his coaching team are doing to build a successful running game. Thought that after Jaylen Waddle took the huge catch that the decision was made to run the ball in with Chase Edmonds for the TD was a good sign. At a critical point in the game (they had other options) and immediately elected to run the ball to grab the lead. My hunch is that we will see a bit more of Edmonds and Mostert in future weeks.

Last edited:
I don’t know, but it feels like they finally joined the 21st century with the passing game.
I've been waiting a long, long time to see the return of the vertical passing game to Miami. Henne had a big arm, but Marshall dropped more TDs than he caught. Tannehill and Wallace looked like a good combination on paper, but Ryan rarely had a lot of time due to poor pass protection, and "Alligator Arm" Wallace had a tiny catch radius. It was nice to see Tua throwing downfield to Waddle and Hill; now I want to see more of it! The more the defense has to worry about the deep ball, the more room there will be for the running game.

I think we might see more development in the running game once we get past this for tough game stretch and maybe after the Oline heals up a bit. Armstead still a bit gimpy, Jackson Holt but due to come back in a couple weeks I think, Little got nicked up pretty good Sunday - Now we got a real short week against Burrow and the Bungles So right now it’s kinda survival mode. I’m certain however that McD wants the run game going

Back
Top Bottom