When do we see Rivers again?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do we see Rivers again??

what game?

Feb. 18th is the start of the combine.

Thats already been played and its mostly later round draft picks that play in that game. Big O was mentioning another game that goes on soon I thought he said in like Orlando or somethin but thats all later round candidates too.

We don't see Rivers again. He's played his last college game ever. BTW someone mentioned in another thread that he's played in 5 bowl games and been MVP of each one...well thats not totally true. As far as I could tell Greg Jones got the offensive MVP of the Senior Bowl even though I thought the selection clearly should have been Rivers. Rivers is kinda scary he's one of those guys where you're like "all he ever did was move the ball down the field and score on ya big arm or not"

Physically he's a second round specimen trying to break into the first round with excellent play.

I don't see how people still question his arm.He has NFL caliber arm and having strongest arm in the league doesn't give you better chances of being successful.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we really want Rivers, we don't need him getting any more media attention to raise his draft stock.

whats the combine??? everybodys been talking about the combine

Just in case your serious...................................the combine is where college athletes with Pro aspirations get invited to test their athleticism and overall physical abilities in order to seperate themselves from the proverbial pack!

haha, i dont pay attention to college football at all, forgive me
So they all play in a game to prove themselves basically...

What the combine really is, is a media frenzy and doesn't prove anything. Everything is done individually and 40 times aren't in full pads. It's a 100% individual workout that doesn't show what you can do when it's 11v11. I think the combine is a complete waste of time, sadly it has been utilized to improve or decrease draft stock/rating.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
haha, i dont pay attention to college football at all, forgive me
So they all play in a game to prove themselves basically...

Nope.....................no game! Just shorts and shirts and a whole lot of sweat. Its in individual effort to show who does what best. Its more like a meat market, where scouts poke, prod, and probe young men!

Wow, that didnt sound to good did it?:lol:

Originally posted by minus
I don't see how people still question his arm.he has NFL caliber arm and having strongest arm in the league doesn't make give you better chances of being successful.

I say when he gets to the NFL his arm strength is top 5 in the league. No matter what kind of throw or how far it goes it leaves his had like a bullet that reminds me alot like Marino. Most of the time accurate he aint perfect like some people want him to be. People don't like him because of his throwing motion.

That is a bunch of Sh*t

He is the man. I don't know why people still question him he has proved himself his whole career.:cool:

Originally posted by Noland

I say when he gets to the NFL his arm strength is top 5 in the league. No matter what kind of throw or how far it goes it leaves his had like a bullet that reminds me alot like Marino. Most of the time accurate he aint perfect like some people want him to be. People don't like him because of his throwing motion.

Top 5 in the league? Polease. He's not top 5 in the draft. Roethlisberger, Losman, Navarre, Lorenzen, & Kegal have cannons. When he gets to the pros he'll still be behind Favre, Vick, Culpepper, McNair, Collins, Bledsoe, Palmer, Leftwich, Boller, McNabb, Hasselback, Warner, Brooks, & Ramsey. Those are just the players unarguably with a stronger arm.

He threw the ball 50 yards in the air at the Senior Bowl & you could tell he put everything he had into it. Boller threw that far on one knee last year. If Rivers' motion was change he'd throw the ball further & harder.

I forgot Plummer & Blake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasselbeck is the only one I disagree on. I don't think his arm is really a problem though. I just don't think he is God as some of you have been treating him as.

Back
Top Bottom