When do we see Rivers again?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do we see Rivers again??

ck, Rivers was the MVP, they announced it as soon as the game was over. Not that it really matters.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Top 5 in the league? Polease. He's not top 5 in the draft. Roethlisberger, Losman, Navarre, Lorenzen, & Kegal have cannons. When he gets to the pros he'll still be behind Favre, Vick, Culpepper, McNair, Collins, Bledsoe, Palmer, Leftwich, Boller, McNabb, Hasselback, Warner, Brooks, & Ramsey. Those are just the players unarguably with a stronger arm.

He threw the ball 50 yards in the air at the Senior Bowl & you could tell he put everything he had into it. Boller threw that far on one knee last year. If Rivers' motion was change he'd throw the ball further & harder.

No way is his arm top 5 in the league Noland. You're letting your desire to have this guy on the team skew your opinion slightly bro :).

Nor did he put everything into that long throw. Watch it a few more times. He didn't lose composure or balance whatsoever from that throw. Was a clean bomb.

oh boy, hasn't the topic of who's got a great arm being discussed to death before?What difference does it make right now? I think we can win with Rivers and I think his arm is actually just fine.I'd rather him trow9and hit the WR in stride)30 years then someone else trowing it 50 yards and missing the guy.

Ozzy rules!!

p.s. Jeff George had a great arm too...lol

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

No way is his arm top 5 in the league Noland. You're letting your desire to have this guy on the team skew your opinion slightly bro :).

Nor did he put everything into that long throw. Watch it a few more times. He didn't lose composure or balance whatsoever from that throw. Was a clean bomb.

I am not talking about him having the best arm as far as 66 yard bombs which that was pretty. He threw that ball and it got there in no time. I'm not talking about the strength to 70 yards will be a top 5 in the league. I'm talking about hard he throws to a reciever during a cross pattern pass or slant patterns. It get there in a hurry I believe in time it could be a top 5.

No, the desire to get him does not skew my opinion. Far as a bullet pass I believe it could be best in the draft.:) Far as I concerned it is not an opinion it is a fact.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

You're right, he didnt put everything he had into that throw. His follow through was different because he stepped through with the right side of his body. On the other deep pass he threw to Henderson that fell incomplete he didn't & it was longer by a yard.

SMadison29 you hate Rivers so much you don't want him to succeed. Do you expect Favre to complete every long pass he throws. You are getting crazy with your opinions because you don't like him. that is why the long pass is overrated because they are going to be incomplete half the time. Rivers hit one and missed one not bad throwing to recievers that you have only practice a week with.
Who cares about his 65 70 yard pass if he is accurate 8 times out of 10 from 25 yards and less move the ball down fields and score. He also has Williams to shake up the defense. Salisbury said that he may not have completed the pass but that was a good thrown ball just did'n lift it enough he said it was pretty thrown ball.

Originally posted by Noland
SMadison29 you hate Rivers so much you don't want him to succeed. Do you expect Favre to complete every long pass he throws. You are getting crazy with your opinions because you don't like him. that is why the long pass is overrated because they are going to be incomplete half the time. Rivers hit one and missed one not bad throwing to recievers that you have only practice a week with.

What are you talking about? I didn't dog Rivers in the last post. I admitted I was wrong on the long completion. I thought he put everything into that long completion because his follow through was different. I know the success rate on deep throws is only going to be roughly 30-40%. But his showing at the Senior Bowl over 10 yards wasn't good.

You say I'm getting crazy with my opinions when it's been the same the entire time supported by facts & opinions of other football minds. How do think I feel about all of you guys that have gotten goo goo eyes after seeing 2 good throws, ignoring his stats on passes over 10 yards & his totals for passes 5 yards or shorter. I feel you guys I've all fallen into the "Brian Griese vs San Diego" trap all over again.

SMadison29 I don't think I know more than you you think you know more than everbody else. You say that he did'nt look good from 10 yards out everybody esle said that he did look good MVP that is a fact Salibury and Kiper said that he was the best qb there. Your saying everbody did'nt see the game an you did that sounds like you know more than we do. Go ahead a admit you hate Rivers that is why can't see the good he does. You have said one good thing about Rivers in the last 3 days every thing else he did'nt look that good.

Originally posted by Noland
SMadison29 I don't think I know more than you you think you know more than everbody else. You say that he did'nt look good from 10 yards out everybody esle said that he did look good MVP that is a fact Salibury and Kiper said that he was the best qb there. Your saying everbody did'nt see the game an you did that sounds like you know more than we do. Go ahead a admit you hate Rivers that is why can't see the good he does. You have said one good thing about Rivers in the last 3 days every thing else he did'nt look that good.

He did play the best at the Senior Bowl which wasn't light years better than the rest of them. 3 of 8 over 10 yards is not good. I've watched the game more than most of you because I have it on tape so of course it sounds like I know more than you about the game because I can supply more facts.

You do know more than I do because you got it on tape an I don't I believe he can lead this team with a year of learning or less. If I was a gambler I would bet money on it but I don't gamble. He may not have been good on every throw but he did burn the other team with passes when it counted I did see him miss two wide open throws and one that he under threw but he was going down for a sack but he avoited it from being one. But what I like is when he threw the ball away when no one was open. Some thing Peyton would do. Salisbury said that was a good decision from a young qb.

I understand what you are saying an I do agree with some of what you are saying.

& I agree with you that he looked damn good on those two throws. That skinny post for a TD to Wilford was perfect. He may be a guy that can lead the team in a year or so but I wouldn't wager a first rounder on it. That's another thing that I've been saying. I wouldn't care if we got him but I think we can trade down & get him.

Originally posted by SMadison29

He did play the best at the Senior Bowl which wasn't light years better than the rest of them. 3 of 8 over 10 yards is not good. I've watched the game more than most of you because I have it on tape so of course it sounds like I know more than you about the game because I can supply more facts.

You know I would'nt care if we could get him in the 7th round but I just worry about another team getting him even if Miami did'nt see him as a 1st rounder some one else might be impressed and grab him.

Back
Top Bottom