When do you start to get that football itch? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When do you start to get that football itch?

OK I know you all say you have the "itch" all year round but I find it hard to believe that you are as crazy about the phins in May when nothing is going on as you are about them in July when TC is right around the corner. I'm as die-hard as they come and even I can admit that when we hit the slow part of the offseason the "itch" isn't as strong as when TC rolls around.

Well obviously I'm MORE excited when they are actually playing but I never stop anticipating the new season, no matter how far away it is.

phinfan2003 said:
OK I know you all say you have the "itch" but I find it hard to believe that you are as crazy about the phins in May as you are about them in July. I'm as die-hard as they come and even I can admit that when we hit the slow part of the offseason I'm not as excited as I am when TC rolls around.

There is some truth to that, but come on, when you see that team logo, doesn't it make you all warm and fuzzy inside and just want to say .... ALL RIGHT MIAMI !!!!!!

It definately grows in proportion to how close the season is to beginning, I think it's at it's worst in late July.

marino2duper73 said:
There is some truth to that, but come on, when you see that team logo, doesn't it make you all warm and fuzzy inside and just want to say .... ALL RIGHT MIAMI !!!!!!

OK then let me rephrase. Everyday, I check out all the local s. fla papers and I'm on finheaven so I'm a fan 24/7. But the itch I'm talking about is the itch where you wake up early in the morning (even on a Saturday after being out all night) to check out the papers and finheaven. Where you check out info on Finheaven and 10 seconds later you refresh to see if something new has popped up. Where you feel that if you get away from your computer, you will miss some late breaking news. That happens to me at the end of June, beginning of July and it goes through the end of the season. It picks up again during FA and the draft and then really hits me again at the end of June early July. That is what I meant about the "itch".

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
I never lose the itch, but I get the FEVER after the NBA season is over.

That might be a better way of putting it.

phinfan2003 said:
OK then let me rephrase. Everyday, I check out all the local s. fla papers and I'm on finheaven so I'm a fan 24/7. But the itch I'm talking about is the itch where you wake up early in the morning (even on a Saturday after being out all night) to check out the papers and finheaven. Where you check out info on Finheaven and 10 seconds later you refresh to see if something new has popped up. Where you feel that if you get away from your computer, you will miss some late breaking news. That happens to me at the end of June, beginning of July and it goes through the end of the season. It picks up again during FA and the draft and then really hits me again at the end of June early July. That is what I meant about the "itch".

Couldn't agree with you more... just know that Sept 1-7th will be the longest week of the year

Usually starts picking up steam after the draft, then full blown I miss football after NHL/NBA seasons over with.

Even though there not playing, theres still stuff to keep up on. Roster moves, did the rooks sign yet, whos causeing problems...etc. Its never ending. Last year was the first year that I lost my itch early because I was so fed up with Wanny and Fiedler. I still followed but I just knew something bad was going to happen when these two were on the field. I just couldnt watch; read but not watch. BUT..as soon as I knew we were gettin a top 5 pick...I started gettin excited again. One way or another I guess Im trying to say, the year never ends, but that real itch, that full blown action ..June..July

Back
Top Bottom