When Some Of Us Post "negative/critical" Things | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Some Of Us Post "negative/critical" Things

Obviously "all" is within reason of what is factually available. Some just lack the self awareness of their own cognitive bias in their reasoning.

Correct. Yet, there are some who won't make predictions of W/L because they want more info, not realizing, at any point in the season, 'more info' will be available tomorrow.

Correct. Yet, there are some who won't make predictions of W/L because they want more info, not realizing, at any point in the season, 'more info' will be available tomorrow.

No kidding, you can't penetrate another's compulsive personality disorder no matter what is provided.

Everyone here can agree that we are Dolphins fans and we want them to succeed (win championships). Also, we can agree that for the past 30+ years we have been disappointed and beaten down by season's end. As Dolphin fans we have been conditioned to expect the worse. However, a new year brings new hope. This year is no different. Some people look at this season as "half full" and others as "half empty".

Half full looks at the positives:
Return of Tannehill after having his best season prior to being injured
Gase finally getting to run his offense and being 3 years in his system
Change of culture, getting smarter/dedicated players
Upgrading the coaching staff
Stronger drafts
Improved offensive line
Look at all the **** that went wrong last season and the team was still in the running for a playoff spot into December
AFC looks like weaker conference

Half empty looks at negatives:
Tannehill been in the league for six years and hasn't won anything
Tannehill winning streak was against weaker team
Will past injuries effect players performance this year
Offense struggles to score points/Gase offensive guru?
Got rid of star players
Hasn't been proven young guns are ready to step up or the OL has improved
We were 6-10 last year
Brady and the Patriots

Now is either side right?.....Maybe.... but these are just opinions and everyone has them. I guarantee opinions will change as the season wears on. I fall under the half-full for the reasons listed above, but it was also very easy for me to come up with the half empty list. If halfway thru the season we are struggling than I can easily find myself flipping. I'm sure the opposite is true for the half empty group if the fins are doing well.

As for now we are 0-0, the stench of last season is wafting away and we have real football in less than a month. Here's hoping for a successful 2018 season.

Back
Top Bottom