When Some Of Us Post "negative/critical" Things | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Some Of Us Post "negative/critical" Things

Personally I appreciate the more "realist" posters because I can get caught up in the hype and hope of a new season getting our QB back in action. Having the opportunity to see what I put my hope in from a different perspective, or challenge my beliefs on what the Coaches, offense, defense whatever can do tempers my enthusiasm just enough that I don't get caught in that cocoon. Besides, do we really want an echo chamber? I don't think so.

Key word is "realist." I also happen to predict 8-8, but I can accept 5-11 or 10-6. I can accept those scarred by too many years. And we see here everyday honest debates about players, coaches, schedule, whatever, so we're nowhere close to an echo chamber (and, no, you didn't say we were). What gets most of us riled up are the apparent trolls. 'Tannehill is worse than most backups.' The bashing of TBaum, as if he goes in a closet and makes draft picks. The inability to see any personnel move as a positive. 'Normal' people who disagree will stay in the same county as 'realists.' I seriously doubt anyone wants to ban those inclined to be negative as long as perspectives show some integrity.
To be fair, I think Tannehill is a 12-16 QB out of 32. Some negatives call me a homer, Those who think he's top 10 call me negative. So there's quilt on both ends.

I

I find it interesting that you are positive about "good news regardless of our opinions" (which is presumptive) about an opinion "end of TR Gase and moving on" (which is negative).

Have you read the story about the emperor who had no clothes?

Guess I am a bit of a contrarian by nature in I see both reasons to hopeful and concerned. Take Gases first year really didn't think he would make the cut coming in and RT was regressing imo and after our first 4-5 games of that season my theroy looked good. Then with what I considered a very poor roster we were able to pull some games out of the fire with some well timed bounces that came our way and the last half of the season the Jay train got on fire and we looked decent. Hum I came from that season thinking we might just have the next Don Shula or did we eventually get lucky.
I figured year 2 would tell the tale and with a much better roster last year i was optimistic but then we did have a run of bad luck and so I am still uncertain at this point.
You have seen many of my past posts and I am predicting with all the pieces in place RTs health, Gases roster in year 3 and a easier schedule than last year we should finish 10 6. Heres the BUT though I am also leaving the door open for a 6 10 finish and that is predicated that Gase could just be a fake and have lucky in 2016. I dont think so but its a possiblity.
Tony Sporanos and Bill Parcells first year with the Dolphins we had similiar sucess then the wheels fell off for example.
I will add I am not a fan of Tbumm. I predict that he will hold this franchise back and needs to go. Its a knotted issue how that can happen if Gase suceeds it makes it harder to jettison Tbum.

I don't think anyone ever gets grief for having a positive attitude, but when you claim your actual prediction is 19-0 undefeated season and super bowl win (not going to say the name ;p ), I think getting called out on that prediction and searching for the truth is more than fair
Fair enough but remember that prediction was predicated on winning our first 5 games.

You can hate on almost any player and still be a fan. You can hate on backup/replacement QBs and still be a fan. You can hate on the coach/coaches and still be a fan. You can hate on Grier/Tannenbaum/Ross and still be a fan. You can hate on the logo, uniform, stadium, and the city itself and still be a fan. You can even root for the team to lose and still be a fan.

But say one negative thing about Tannehill and now you are a "fan."

I’m not sure what you did there.

Incidentally ... how's this for being a Miami "realist" fan.

I've routinely predicted 7-9 / 8-8, but with signs for optimism etc.

I've also put money on us to win both the AFC East and the Superbowl :):)

So I've put my money where my mouth ... er ... isn't?

Guess I am a bit of a contrarian by nature in I see both reasons to hopeful and concerned. Take Gases first year really didn't think he would make the cut coming in and RT was regressing imo and after our first 4-5 games of that season my theroy looked good. Then with what I considered a very poor roster we were able to pull some games out of the fire with some well timed bounces that came our way and the last half of the season the Jay train got on fire and we looked decent. Hum I came from that season thinking we might just have the next Don Shula or did we eventually get lucky.
I figured year 2 would tell the tale and with a much better roster last year i was optimistic but then we did have a run of bad luck and so I am still uncertain at this point.
You have seen many of my past posts and I am predicting with all the pieces in place RTs health, Gases roster in year 3 and a easier schedule than last year we should finish 10 6. Heres the BUT though I am also leaving the door open for a 6 10 finish and that is predicated that Gase could just be a fake and have lucky in 2016. I dont think so but its a possiblity.
Tony Sporanos and Bill Parcells first year with the Dolphins we had similiar sucess then the wheels fell off for example.
I will add I am not a fan of Tbumm. I predict that he will hold this franchise back and needs to go. Its a knotted issue how that can happen if Gase suceeds it makes it harder to jettison Tbum.

you have the unfortunate characteristic of being able to see both sides. Tannehill and Gase MAY be good, but they may not. MAY win 10, may win 6. To me, it stems from assumptions. Some assume all will fail, just like it 'always' has and base all predictions on those assumptions. Some assume there's enough progress and potential talent to be optimistic and base predictions on those assumptions. Some of us can see where bad things can happen, but see good things that can happen and base predictions somewhere in the middle. It's a tough life.

Incidentally ... how's this for being a Miami "realist" fan.

I've routinely predicted 7-9 / 8-8, but with signs for optimism etc.

I've also put money on us to win both the AFC East and the Superbowl :):)

So I've put my money where my mouth ... er ... isn't?

Does this mean that fans like you bet against themselves? :geek

I echo many of these thoughts. I too want TBomb gone. I too believe he’s holding back this franchise. My conundrum is this: If the Fins have a solid season, sneak into the playoffs and lose in the first rd then Tbomb stays. This will hold back this franchise from being great for another couple years.

A poor season and both he and Gase are $*** canned, another rebuild and 3-5 years of who knows what.

I think the sweet spot is a mediocre 2018 season; where Gase shows enough of his scheme, coaching ability and maybe most importantly, leadership in keeping the team from imploding or going rogue. My concern is this roster is just not very talented. My hope is that Ross sees their mediocrity as a failure at the top in personel decisions throughout the organization and moves on from TBomb. Then gives one man, Adam Gase, the appropriate control and support to build an organization that can be a perennial AFC champion and Super Bowl contender. Build it the way Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick, and Don Shula did.

I echo many of these thoughts. I too want TBomb gone. I too believe he’s holding back this franchise. My conundrum is this: If the Fins have a solid season, sneak into the playoffs and lose in the first rd then Tbomb stays. This will hold back this franchise from being great for another couple years.

A poor season and both he and Gase are $*** canned, another rebuild and 3-5 years of who knows what.

I think the sweet spot is a mediocre 2018 season; where Gase shows enough of his scheme, coaching ability and maybe most importantly, leadership in keeping the team from imploding or going rogue. My concern is this roster is just not very talented. My hope is that Ross sees their mediocrity as a failure at the top in personel decisions throughout the organization and moves on from TBomb. Then gives one man, Adam Gase, the appropriate control and support to build an organization that can be a perennial AFC champion and Super Bowl contender. Build it the way Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick, and Don Shula did.

I really don't think T-BOMB has much influence over talent acquisition any more. I feel like some are clinging to him as an easy scapegoat. This last offseason seems like a calculated, agreed upon plan.

You can hate on almost any player and still be a fan. You can hate on backup/replacement QBs and still be a fan. You can hate on the coach/coaches and still be a fan. You can hate on Grier/Tannenbaum/Ross and still be a fan. You can hate on the logo, uniform, stadium, and the city itself and still be a fan. You can even root for the team to lose and still be a fan.

But say one negative thing about Tannehill and now you are a "fan."
Agreed, but you don’t have to say it over and over and over again in everything Tannehill related. That’s the ****ing problem.

I really don't think T-BOMB has much influence over talent acquisition any more. I feel like some are clinging to him as an easy scapegoat. This last offseason seems like a calculated, agreed upon plan.

Then what does he do?

Then what does he do?

Seriously. If he's not involved in talent acquisition or draft picks ... I guess contract particulars is the big one left. And those contracts should be used as the example of what not to do in the future in order to not repeat the current cap situation.

What is left to defend?

Back
Top Bottom